Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    The ignorance of most people when it comes to wild animals is usually pretty bad on here - "Oh, the bear is so cute. I mean it no harm. It will know that and not attack me ". Only people who think they are somehow "special" and thus somehow "protected" when it comes to animals, would allow themselves to be hurt or killed simply because their perception of reality is distorted by their own delusions of being gifted with a "whispering" ability. In other words, they don't see and respect the animal for what it is, but rather what they want it to be.
    Well said. I think Tigers are majestic. But they should never be allowed to be pets and protected and left alone in the wild.

My grandparents owned a lake property and we would pass by this dump on the way there. There would be like 10 or so black bears sitting on the piles of garbage. They gave no shits about the people throwing their garbage on the piles. One time when we were driving by there was a bear on the side of the road. My crazy grandma decides this is the right time to get out and start taking pictures. She is like 10 feet away from it, just snapping pictures. The bear just seemed oblivious to her presence.

I'd take a big male polar bear over a hippo. Granted walrus aren't hippo's but they're also huge with giant teeth.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ob_oD1IsYbE

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account
    Polar and grizzly bears are awesome. Black bears are skittish little scared wannabes.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Annoying View Post
    Polar and grizzly bears are awesome. Black bears are skittish little scared wannabes.
    Black bears in Northern Canada have actually responded to wolf packs and human predation by grouping up - so unlike grizzly/polar bears who need to enforce their space because they are big and alone, black bears are essentially changing to the wolf model.

Lone black bears are usually wimps, but groups of them don't give a f--k about anything.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

Deleted
    Bears r awesome because they r so intelligent, well except for pandas they dumb af but cuteness makes up for it, anyways brown bears will go to the beach n turn over stones n find sea food, how many animals r dat creative??

Sometimes bears need helps though...
    #freebearing

What are your opinions on Beets and Battlestar Galactica?
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ser Arthur Dayne View Post
    Bears r awesome because they r so intelligent, well except for pandas they dumb af but cuteness makes up for it, anyways brown bears will go to the beach n turn over stones n find sea food, how many animals r dat creative??

Sometimes bears need helps though...
    #freebearing
    Woo, #freebearing!

10+ Year Old Account
    At least one part of Japan agrees that bears are awesome, but only with a melon head.

Meet Melon Kuma the Mascot of Yubari City, Hokkaido.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    The ignorance of most people when it comes to wild animals is usually pretty bad on here - "Oh, the bear is so cute. I mean it no harm. It will know that and not attack me ". Only people who think they are somehow "special" and thus somehow "protected" when it comes to animals, would allow themselves to be hurt or killed simply because their perception of reality is distorted by their own delusions of being gifted with a "whispering" ability. In other words, they don't see and respect the animal for what it is, but rather what they want it to be.
    Oh man, tell me about it. I had a roommate during law school who was EXTREMELY ANGRY about my views on bears (aka that they are wild animals, also that I believed in things like having a gun or carrying bear mace when out camping). She was under the impression that most bears are sweet and gentle creatures who won't attack unless provoked. Haha.

I mean, she's not entirely wrong regarding provocation, but animals get hungry and they are also territorial. Provocation to a territorial animal can occur just by walking by their territory, or a food source.

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PossibleBit View Post
    We need more threads like this. It makes the Gen-OT Forum bearable.

GEDDIT? BEA- * shot*
    That was the intent, yes.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    Yeah bears are so awesome, they're so majestic and wonderful and d'awww so cute when they claw out your intestines while your heart is still beating.

I swear, some of you would last less than five minutes in actual wilderness.
    Hey, I never said I'd go out of my way to fuck with a bear.

I'd admire them from a distance. The only bear that one shouldn't fear is Jay Cutler.

Bears are nice enough.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thats why California is the greatest. Look at our flag...BAM! a huge fucking bear.

Herald of the Titans Putin-Chan's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    If they weren't so big and dangerous they'd be adorable.
    Imagine a world with domesticated bears instead of asshole cats.

10+ Year Old Account
    This thread is so weird but damnit, I love bears too!

WoW players love their bear puns, that much I gather

I gotta say, when it comes to bears, I'm a fan of kermode bear/spirit bear, a subspecies of the American black bear:

It really just feels majestic and such.

And if you want raw destructive power, I think the pizzly bear would do nicely. The pizzly bear is a hybrid of a polar bear and grizzly bear. I could mess up a ton of other animals, but it's also majestic (in its own way, like cool but don't bite my face off kind of way).

3DS Friend Code: 3282-4450-9594

7+ Year Old Account
    Bears do not hibernate. They can't, because they're warm blooded. Only cold blooded animals can hibernate. Bears do reduce their activity and sleep a lot during the winter. And they eat a lot and get fat beforehand so they won't need to eat as much. But that is not hibernation.

Quote Originally Posted by piethepiegod View Post
    hippos contest with lions alligators and other blood thirsty hippos bear on bear fights is nothing like what a hippo goes though a hippo would just gore a bear and rip into its chest probably come out the other side of it.
    yeah no, Bears > lions and alligators,

I think it was the colliseum , where they used to have animal fights, they brought in animals from all over the world. but they stopped bringing in bears, you know why? they always won, no matter what they put the bear up against, it just wasnt a fun fight.
    I've no idea what to write here.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Argarock View Post
    yeah no, Bears > lions and alligators,

I think it was the colliseum , where they used to have animal fights, they brought in animals from all over the world. but they stopped bringing in bears, you know why? they always won, no matter what they put the bear up against, it just wasnt a fun fight.
    they never put a hippo in a coliseum a hippo is easily a tier above lions or alligators above bears to.