Thread: 35 Energy Feint

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Generical View Post
    What the fuck?

Is this related to the legendary pants? Would they really nerf the entire spell based on a legendary instead of just nerfing the legendary?
    They nerfed Pyroblast because of the wrists, so yeah, they would.

Quote Originally Posted by Kanariya View Post
    They nerfed Pyroblast because of the wrists, so yeah, they would.
    Apples and oranges. The wrists were the single best in slot DPS legendary. The pants are extremely niche utility that you wear until you get something better.

GL now surviving cenarious thorn dmg without feint on. GJ once more blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by Iettlopp View Post
    Feint for pve is an insane soaking ability, and for pvp (talented with 30% dmg red) it is almost broken. Feint is seriously a dumb ability that almost any pvper dislike, its just bad that they are doing this when rogues are extremely weak in pvp atm. And as somebody said, if they don't want to remove the ability to give them something thats not as stupid as feint (speaking for pvp) they should have just used the pvp template that Holinka was bragging about (im pretty sure that they have used it once this expansion for nerfing rake). I am not sure if PvE rogues really like the ability, but they should not nerf it because of pvp...
    isnt a preemptive defensive ability like feint a 1000 times better design from pvp than a reactive one like bubble/barkskin or iceblock?

i think it's a nice balance where if you catch the rogue without it he drops like a fly, but if it's up hes relatively hard to kill

ofc now we die anyway through 3 healer cds to just one enha shaman, but the general idea is that.
    Last edited by shaunika123; 2016-12-06 at 09:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Motorman View Post
    T I guess using every single energy to dps makes me bad.
    yeah it actually does

i wouldve loved to see you on mythic blackhand

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by shaunika123 View Post
    isnt a preemptive defensive ability like feint a 1000 times better design from pvp than a reactive one like bubble/barkskin or iceblock?

i think it's a nice balance where if you catch the rogue without it he drops like a fly, but if it's up hes relatively hard to kill

ofc now we die anyway through 3 healer cds to just one enha shaman, but the general idea is that.
    Yeah its nice if you know that the team is going to stun you and you put up feint before it, thats something that can be considered doing something skillfull, but 30% dmg red is way to strong, but because rogues have so little hp and so little dmg atm it just weird that they nerf it (i really don't think they nerfed it for pve).

Quote Originally Posted by Iettlopp View Post
    Yeah its nice if you know that the team is going to stun you and you put up feint before it, thats something that can be considered doing something skillfull, but 30% dmg red is way to strong, but because rogues have so little hp and so little dmg atm it just weird that they nerf it (i really don't think they nerfed it for pve).
    im 100% positive they nerfed it for pve, since it was actually OP there altough at this point, paired with the cheat death nerf it is overkill

I am a little bit of loneliness, a little bit of disregard
    Handful of complaints but I can't help the fact
    That everyone can see these scars

I am what I want you to want, what I want you to feel
    But it's like no matter what I do
    I can't convince you to just believe this is real

So, I let go watchin' you, turn your back
    Like you always do, face away and pretend that I'm not
    But I'll be here 'cause you are all that I've got

I can't feel the way I did before, don't turn your back on me
    I won't be ignored, time won't heal this damage anymore
    Don't turn your back on me, I won't be ignored

15+ Year Old Account
    I guess using every single energy to dps makes me bad.
    Got it in one, mate.

I guess if you ever step out of Normal and LFR, you might finally understand the value to your group as a whole of damage reduction.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Thankfully my raid consists of players so skilled that none of our rogues or me have to waste energy that could be funneled in more dps. I realize that is not the case for many other people who are treated like plebs in their raids. Oh and I also didn't have to step aside and bandage during vanilla raiding. I guess using every single energy to dps makes me bad.

Enjoy feint with 35 energy
    You don't ever need to use feint in normal mode, thanks for the insight.
    Hi Sephurik

Deleted
    Thankfully my raid consists of players so skilled that none of our rogues or me have to waste energy that could be funneled in more dps. I realize that is not the case for many other people who are treated like plebs in their raids. Oh and I also didn't have to step aside and bandage during vanilla raiding. I guess using every single energy to dps makes me bad.

Enjoy feint with 35 energy
    If you want any chance at being taken seriously on this forum with all your boasting you should post some logs.

That being said here are some issues with your statements:
    No guild in the world is so good that they one shot everything and never make mistakes. Even world first progress guilds that are undergeared on progression use stuff like feint to reduce damage.

My guess is you are either in a guild going through lfr or normal thinking you are great, or you are lying through your teeth about not using feint.

Well there goes that talent. It truly is amazing how mongloid blizzard is about balance these days, feint is perhaps the best defensive cooldown in the game when talented. By making it 35 energy you make it largely unusuable in any practical raid enviornment. I wish the increased energy cost would at least only apply to talented feint, so that the talent could still be used, this is basically a "take off your bars, itll get pruned next expansion" nerf.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by satimy View Post
    Well there goes that talent.
    It's okay, they're only tripling Cheat Death's cooldown so we can take that instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Nupomaniac View Post
    If you want any chance at being taken seriously on this forum with all your boasting you should post some logs.

That being said here are some issues with your statements:
    No guild in the world is so good that they one shot everything and never make mistakes. Even world first progress guilds that are undergeared on progression use stuff like feint to reduce damage.

My guess is you are either in a guild going through lfr or normal thinking you are great, or you are lying through your teeth about not using feint.
    I would go further and say WF competing guilds are the most aware of the value of damage reduction as during progress healers tend to be severely undergeared and the content gets cleared when the raid takes the least amount of damage possible, so yeah, Feint is basically one of the 3ish big reasons rogues have been a staple of the competitive pve scene over the years.

So to that guy above, not 'wasting' energy on feint does make you a shit rogue yes.
    “It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more... than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so fucking what.”

Quote Originally Posted by Flerp View Post
    It's okay, they're only tripling Cheat Death's cooldown so we can take that instead.
    I wish there was some sort of way to bring leeching poison up to CD and Eluv power that doesnt involve nerfing those two.. Hmm

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Puffah View Post
    I wish there was some sort of way to bring leeching poison up to CD and Eluv power that doesnt involve nerfing those two.. Hmm
    Please just make leeching baseline or remove it, i only use it for old raids (mop raids atm). Its not good for anything 10% leech is not that good when you can specc into 30% dmg red and cheat death

Quote Originally Posted by noralya View Post
    I would go further and say WF competing guilds are the most aware of the value of damage reduction as during progress healers tend to be severely undergeared and the content gets cleared when the raid takes the least amount of damage possible, so yeah, Feint is basically one of the 3ish big reasons rogues have been a staple of the competitive pve scene over the years.

So to that guy above, not 'wasting' energy on feint does make you a shit rogue yes.
    Then again they have people die on purpose on some boss ability and rezz them to avoid the ability and the need for a second tank for the encounter to meet the damage requirement

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Puffah View Post
    Isn't that what they've done with pretty much every single one of our talent rows so far? I think the only one they haven't nerfed yet is the last one. Holding out for Venom Rush only working on your Vendetta target and MfD only giving 1 CP when used.

I bet they were laughing their asses off when they said they'd make the bad talents closer to the ones everyone picks.

Deleted
    blizzard seriously are retarded or something

Rolled to rogue recently. You can blame me but I say that I look forward to see that nerf because we do deserve it.

Look, we could have uptime 100% on this spell with dps loss, yes, but not THAT big dps loss.

Look again, this spell has no cooldown which is broken to begin with. Also 35 energy adds that little-bit of planning ahead, because you're likely not to have that energy when you need it compared to 20 energy.

You should not really complain.