Thread: #FreeBearing

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Polyxo View Post
    I will bet with any odds that this is about some raging fedora that got banned.
    what? .

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    Its not Youtube's responsibility to warn him. He knew where he got it from.

Shoe0nhead, for example, tweeted that she and several other bigger Youtubers in the "anti-SJW" sphere (Including Psychicpebbles) were warning him to change his avatar. His response? Open up a Patreon and a Store with the stolen art.

Not saying YOU were, but seeing this knee-jerk "circle the wagons and blame Youtube" that automatically ALWAYS happens when Youtube comes down on somebody is as joke. Some people DO deserve the punishment they get. After this, I'm going to just laugh when most of the people who spooged out some white knight defense of the guy turn around and claim they are "skeptics."

I don't even watch Bearing and I knew he was violating copyright with every video he put out. He knew it. Others in the "community" knew it, and he just didn't give a shit.
    Of course it isn't youtubes responsibility. I was baffled at the fact that other people warned him and he ignored it. Ignorance of the law does not protect someone against punishment, but he wasn't even ignorant......he was completely moronic.
    His channel getting taken down is the last of his worries now. Boy that lawsuit will fuck him over hard. And rightfully so.

I honestly thought the bear was his own creation when I watched his videos. Who would be stupid enough to earn money with an IP that you have no right to? Well....

wtf i can't steal other people's art and profit off of it???? i am literally shaking i am being censored right now welcome to 1984

Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    If you don't know who they are, and you don't care, then why the hell are you even here? Just to pick arguments?
    It's just fun to guess.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    Then why did he get three takedown notices at once, no warning, just thrown all at once and boom his channels gone.

This isn't the same as youtube giving repeat warnings to people before doing a takedown, this was a flat out attack.
    maybe because the company that owns the copyrights he violated reported all violations at the same time?

Quote Originally Posted by Baikalsan View Post
    Of course it isn't youtubes responsibility. I was baffled at the fact that other people warned him and he ignored it. Ignorance of the law does not protect someone against punishment, but he wasn't even ignorant......he was completely moronic.
    His channel getting taken down is the last of his worries now. Boy that lawsuit will fuck him over hard. And rightfully so.

I honestly thought the bear was his own creation when I watched his videos. Who would be stupid enough to earn money with an IP that you have no right to? Well....
    Indeed, sorry, I didn't mean to imply you were saying it WAS their responsibility.

Even though I'm a small Youtuber, it really pisses me off that some asshole who has such a large (300k+) audience so flagrantly flaunts the obvious rules, knows he's doing so, and then when he's taken down pretends he's the victim. It's safe to say that I'm triggered over it.

Especially when I like plenty of the people/Youtubers who are doing this circle jerk bullshit when Bearing is CLEARLY in the wrong here. To their credit, some of them, after learning what the REAL reason for his channel being shut down (Instead of just accepting his bullshit 'woe is me i'm being oppressed' nonsense), they've turned around and said he's in the wrong.

Deleted
    Indeed, sorry, I didn't mean to imply you were saying it WAS their responsibility.

Even though I'm a small Youtuber, it really pisses me off that some asshole who has such a large (300k+) audience so flagrantly flaunts the obvious rules, knows he's doing so, and then when he's taken down pretends he's the victim. It's safe to say that I'm triggered over it.

Especially when I like plenty of the people/Youtubers who are doing this circle jerk bullshit when Bearing is CLEARLY in the wrong here. To their credit, some of them, after learning what the REAL reason for his channel being shut down (Instead of just accepting his bullshit 'woe is me i'm being oppressed' nonsense), they've turned around and said he's in the wrong.
    As I said I enjoyed his videos and watched him when he had like 3k subs. That is why I am completely baffled how he threw it all away and possibly screwed his life even after people warned him.

Personally I hope he accepts the legal results like a man and then recovers learning from the whole thing. If he starts bitching at the company or youtube then at least everyone gets to see his real personality.

Haven't seen someone fuck themselves that hard since I was subscribed to Brazzers.....

10+ Year Old Account

The funny part is lots of people moaned it was the SJWs messing with people and such. Really it's Bearing's own fault. That said I think one strike/warning would of been enough then again Youtube isn't the best with copyright strikes and stuff.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    The funny part is lots of people moaned it was the SJWs messing with people and such. Really it's Bearing's own fault. That said I think one strike/warning would of been enough then again Youtube isn't the best with copyright strikes and stuff.
    I think YouTube did the right thing. Bearing took IP that wasn't his and built his channel around that character, all the videos had to be removed to satisfy the takedown requests but they left his channel in tact as it serves them to leave it up. (YouTube and Adsense when he reposts).

It wouldn't surprise me if he was taken to court for the profits he made from the sales of goods in his store that had the same IP on them, the owners of the IP would be well within their rights to do so.

Fukkin... Total Drama Island is a GARBAGE show, too.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dastreus View Post
    Fukkin... Total Drama Island is a GARBAGE show, too.
    and that means copy right shouldn't apply?

Quote Originally Posted by piethepiegod View Post
    For plaguing humanity with garbage, they should just call it even and tell then guy to stop using the bear.

Quote Originally Posted by piethepiegod View Post
    Well to be fair, somebody with an encyclopedic knowledge of modern animation could point out many instances in which Total Drama Island essentially ripped off character designs from other animators. Certain elements of their character design like torso/leg proportion and flat jawline are obviously taken from Johnny Bravo.
    Most people would rather die than think, and most people do. -Bertrand Russell
    Before the camps, I regarded the existence of nationality as something that shouldn’t be noticed - nationality did not really exist, only humanity. But in the camps one learns: if you belong to a successful nation you are protected and you survive. If you are part of universal humanity - too bad for you -Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Venant View Post
    Well to be fair, somebody with an encyclopedic knowledge of modern animation could point out many instances in which Total Drama Island essentially ripped off character designs from other animators. Certain elements of their character design like torso/leg proportion and flat jawline are obviously taken from Johnny Bravo.
    ya that's not the same as just taking say johnny bravo and using him in every single episode.

Quote Originally Posted by Venant View Post
    Except those are parodies of characters, which are covered under fair use.

10+ Year Old Account
    Except those are parodies of characters, which are covered under fair use.
    That and Johnny Bravo came from Cartoon Network as well so I doubt any issues would arrise.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

I loved Bearing, sucks to see another good one disappear via YouTube's thought crime crackdown. Youtube is being pushed further down the path towards a regressive safe space.

Quote Originally Posted by Northy View Post
    I loved Bearing, sucks to see another good one disappear via YouTube's thought crime crackdown. Youtube is being pushed further down the path towards a regressive safe space.
    So you're just being willfully ignorant, huh?

I suppose that's one way to go about it.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Northy View Post
    your just flat out wrong in every way.