Quote Originally Posted by Sykol View Post
    If I were given the option of where to play, I'd probably pick Nashville if I'd suffered a Gary Busey-like motorcycle accident the day prior.
    Vesey's gotta be the happiest rookie in the world right now. He really dodged a bullet and gave himself a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by Sykol View Post
    Vesey's gotta be the happiest rookie in the world right now. He really dodged a bullet and gave himself a chance.
    Gave himself a chance? Poile gave him the keys to our top line right next to RyJo and Neal. Viktor Arvidsson has only one less goal ( 8g 7A) playing in that same spot. Unless you think he would have been put on the third line playing with Fisher and Wilson because he couldn't beat Arvidsson or Smith out....

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well playing with the Hawks has made some pretty nice money for young forwards over the years, see: Saad. Still think he made the wrong decision picking New York, I wouldn't turn down having Toews center the line I play on.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stommped View Post
    Well playing with the Hawks has made some pretty nice money for young forwards over the years, see: Saad. Still think he made the wrong decision picking New York, I wouldn't turn down having Toews center the line I play on.
    I think the Hawks have the most ex-players who are making insane money. Also he went to Columbus.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nazrark View Post
    I think the Hawks have the most ex-players who are making insane money. Also he went to Columbus.
    I assume he meant Vessey

Also nice freakout Price lol, jesus christ

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nazrark View Post
    Yeah I meant Vesey made the wrong choice. Saad didn't really have a choice

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Eh, New York is a fine choice imo. They're tied with the Hawks in points currently. They have a solid mix of young forwards and high talent vets throughout the lineup not to mention one of the best goaltenders in the league. He's from Buffalo so playing in New York is close to home which I believe is one of the reasons he signed there. Sure, he could have signed with Chicago but there is no future for him there. I assume he'll re-sign with the Rangers long term. That won't happen with the Blackhawks. If I had to peg current odds for either team to win the cup, I'd say both teams have a fairly equal shot as of right now. Hawks have to go through a harder route where New York only really has to worry about Washington and Pittsburgh who could cancel each other out easily.

I'm curious how Domi escaped the misconduct for the jersey tie downs being missing in his fight with Hathaway? I've watched it a few times now and I don't see any tie down straps on his pants, unless they're stuck up his back or something.

Is it because he escaped the instigator penalty as well, instead picking up an interference call?

Seems weird to me.

https://streamable.com/o946 Hathaway beat him up pretty good though lol.

5 in a row!
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tradewind View Post
    I'm curious how Domi escaped the misconduct for the jersey tie downs being missing in his fight with Hathaway? I've watched it a few times now and I don't see any tie down straps on his pants, unless they're stuck up his back or something.

Is it because he escaped the instigator penalty as well, instead picking up an interference call?

Seems weird to me.

https://streamable.com/o946 Hathaway beat him up pretty good though lol.

5 in a row!
    Domi plays in Arizona. You could literally commit murder there and the league would not find out until 5 years later and still not punish you for it. I think playing in Arizona is punishment enough.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm more surprised Price didn't get any punishment for that freakout he had on Palmeri. Granted, he didn't actually hit him in the head he tried to, with his blocker. That's no joke, those things will give you brain damage easily. If anyone has been ribbed in the back by a goalie you'd know how much you can fuck someone up with a blocker. I get that he's frustrated from being run in to but man get a grip.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeoni View Post
    I'm more surprised Price didn't get any punishment for that freakout he had on Palmeri. Granted, he didn't actually hit him in the head he tried to, with his blocker. That's no joke, those things will give you brain damage easily. If anyone has been ribbed in the back by a goalie you'd know how much you can fuck someone up with a blocker. I get that he's frustrated from being run in to but man get a grip.
    Bettman has avoided having the wrath of the French Canadians brought upon him. It's also quite the joke how little goalie interference is called. You have to challenge goals in order to get it waived most of the time. Imagine if they suspended Price after he got run twice (in reality once). They would be burning cars in Montreal (their favourite past time). If he did as well, he is also bringing the entire goalie community after him. The goalie community is a lot tighter than the other players.

By the way, what he did shouldn't have been done. Like Buff on Miller. Can't go after someone's neck or head in retaliation.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    To be fair, as a hockey fan, there is nothing that pisses me off more than players running over goalies. The league needs to step it up and make any contact with a goalie by an opposing player, either inside the crease or outside, as an automatic goalie interference. The goalies need to be protected, it's shit that so many good goalies have been run over by opposing players that have either lead to goals or not lead to a penalty for the offending player. It's not as bad as it used to be, but were I a goalie, I'd hate it when any idiot made contact with me. Goalies are still the most vital players on the team because there are so few of them in the league overall and the number of good goalies is few and far between. Price is bar none the best goalie in the league, and like any other in his position, should be protected and shouldn't have to tolerate scrubs like Palmeri intentionally hitting him.

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    To be fair, as a hockey fan, there is nothing that pisses me off more than players running over goalies. The league needs to step it up and make any contact with a goalie by an opposing player, either inside the crease or outside, as an automatic goalie interference. The goalies need to be protected, it's shit that so many good goalies have been run over by opposing players that have either lead to goals or not lead to a penalty for the offending player. It's not as bad as it used to be, but were I a goalie, I'd hate it when any idiot made contact with me. Goalies are still the most vital players on the team because there are so few of them in the league overall and the number of good goalies is few and far between. Price is bar none the best goalie in the league, and like any other in his position, should be protected and shouldn't have to tolerate scrubs like Palmeri intentionally hitting him.
    I agree with protecting them to a point, but we can't have every contact be interference. I mean if your 20 ft outside the goal mouth, you take that risk imo. They shouldn't be walking pylons where contact is 100% outside the question. It's gotta be reasonable.

Well crazy game last night. Down 3-0 and win 6-3. This team is driving me nuts this season. Almost can't lose at home, can't win to save our lives on the road.

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Armourboy View Post
    Well crazy game last night. Down 3-0 and win 6-3. This team is driving me nuts this season. Almost can't lose at home, can't win to save our lives on the road.
    Speaking of crazy games, my new jersey came in yesterday, right in time for a 4-3 OT win. 7 game winning streak! Leading the entire NHL now!

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    good lord canadas jr team looks awful this year

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeoni View Post
    good lord canadas jr team looks awful this year
    It's a down year for Jrs across the board. So Canada has the best of a mediocre bunch.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Is Elliot the #2 in Calgary?

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    for now, we'll see what happens when Johnson comes back down to earth

I'm not sure how you go from player of the month to the worst goalie in the NHL overnight, but Pekka has figured it out apparently.