I actually dig this new mini citadel. I was kinda scared we would lack a space station hub thats kinda ours since theres no reaper to have made one. Since the human ship is the one thats lost, im guessing we will find it later in the game too. I hope this doesent suck, it has so much potential to be fun and exploration driven.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    Ruined you say? So you stopped playing at the first instance of it? No? You pulled thru? Then not ruined, right? Annoying maybe? Triggering even? But ok, right? Not the most important thing as proven by you making it to the end since DA:O.

What? You say you have the right to criticize? You do. So criticize. Properly. Don't bitch about it. Go to MEA bioware forums and write a complaint. Don't go to MMO-C and make a big deal out of it in the wrongest places of all.
    I read this all in Garak's voice. The first paragraph was like pitching an idea to Sisko.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    Damn the Nexus is fucking huge, I assumed it was comparable in size to the Arks, but its massive.

that crossing through Dark space alone with only kinetic barriers line kinda gave me a chill. like a " better hope nothing bad happens" kind
    Omians- 70 Troll Enhancement shaman, Emerald Dream

Quote Originally Posted by Omians View Post
    that crossing through Dark space alone with only kinetic barriers line kinda gave me a chill. like a " better hope nothing bad happens" kind
    I could watch that sequence all day. These orientation videos are gorgeous as fuck.

10+ Year Old Account
    So if i good understand, Nexus is a citadel 2.0 but smaller right? Well i like it.

Too bad only, the price for standard edition at least in Poland is 200 złotych. Yep we don't have euro we still use our national money, and i admit... Game maybe a fun, but price is ridiclous. ME3 which i pre-ordered cost me only 130 złotych.

15+ Year Old Account
    At least we know how they were able to build something like the crucible. It isn't that much of a stretch if they could build their own miniature citadel. Then again the Nexus doesn't look like it is as much of a fortress as the citadel. It is a little bit of a shame that they went with Avina. It would have liked to have seen another VI instead of the same personality/program as the Citadel. But I guess it might have been by design so there was a familiar presence.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by DesoPL View Post
    So if i good understand, Nexus is a citadel 2.0 but smaller right? Well i like it.

Too bad only, the price for standard edition at least in Poland is 200 złotych. Yep we don't have euro we still use our national money, and i admit... Game maybe a fun, but price is ridiclous. ME3 which i pre-ordered cost me only 130 złotych.
    I managed to snag a retail version at more than 20% off of Origin's asking price here in Denmark. Completely legit site too, I've been using them for years. Try looking around, there might be a good deal hiding in plain sight somewhere.

200PLN is around 45-50 euro's mark, which is kind of normal for games. Pre euro era allot of AAA games used to cost 100 gulden which is around 45 euro's.

My guess is that since Poland is a bit more connected with western Europe now then lets say 10 years ago prices have moved a closer over the years, so even if you could get games cheap 4 years ago.

Also it may be because you get a English version this time (text and audio) instead of a PL/Russian version (fucked me over when I bought 2 games when I stayed in poland) so they might jacked up the prices to avoid people selling the ''cheaper'' polish version in western Europe.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ati87 View Post
    200PLN is around 45-50 euro's mark, which is kind of normal for games. Pre euro era allot of AAA games used to cost 100 gulden which is around 45 euro's.

My guess is that since Poland is a bit more connected with western Europe now then lets say 10 years ago prices have moved a closer over the years, so even if you could get games cheap 4 years ago.

Also it may be because you get a English version this time (text and audio) instead of a PL/Russian version (fucked me over when I bought 2 games when I stayed in poland) so they might jacked up the prices to avoid people selling the ''cheaper'' polish version in western Europe.
    Well i found an offer on diffrent site than Origin where price is 169PLN so 20% discount but still is kinda big at least for me. Kinda i agree that Bioware ruined Poland voices in ME2, but in ME1 was great.

Quote Originally Posted by Razamith View Post
    In my opinion it's better than going the other way around, like many games do with trailers, looking a lot better in them and then downgrading to the game when it's released.

Well i found an offer on diffrent site than Origin where price is 169PLN so 20% discount but still is kinda big at least for me. Kinda i agree that Bioware ruined Poland voices in ME2, but in ME1 was great.
    Might be a polish version, personally I hate dubs of any kind and even the menu needs to be English for me

The games I bought at that time (because I lived in Poland) where cheaper then the English speaking version.

TLDR: Bullshit bullshit bullshit WE PROMISE WE WILL MAKE OUR CURRENT DOGSHIT ANIMATIONS NOT LOOK LIKE DOGSHIT BY LAUNCH bullshit bullshit bullshit.

I'll believe it when I see it, but they should not look this terrible at this stage in the game.

If your animations look like hot dogshit, don't release a trailer where they're on display. If it can't be helped, make sure your trailer shows off as little detail of the animations as possible. This is like, marketing 101.

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post

#2 Non-human races. It is likely, that the focus in ME stories will always be human centric, but it doesn't mean other races do not matter. Mass Effect game without any trace of the council races and Krogans, Quarians and other non-council species wouldn't just feel liek MAss Effect.
    This is my main gripe with the game. We are going to a new galaxy and humans gotta be waving their dicks being superior to everything. This is a game about making a new home for everyone and yet we are stuck with 2 goofy looking humans. Why can't we pick our race hell you could prob just alter the voices of the actors a bit to make em sound more korgan, salarian, etc and not have to pay anyone extra and just remove the sibling entirely for the Asari or make them a half brother/adopted brother. Plus sofar most of the humans and asari look worse than the original games would much rather play a Salarian or Drell where its nearly impossible to make them look fucked up.

Deleted
    It would've been more believable if they actually did anything like that in the past.

https://youtu.be/Vd5qFQ4GHLI?t=9m51s

It's the finale - as stupid as it is and looks, it's still the very-very end - basically the last thing the player sees before both the story and game is done
    Aside from the book that is being held in the Inquisitors hand as if it weights like, 5 grams and of course other issues... just skip to the very, very end and watch what that NPC is doing there. (12:20)

"Bioware Quality"

Ya... he's just talking bullshit
    As a downstream team, it means it’s one of the last things to get polished, and something we work on up until the very end.
    Translates to: It's the last thing we are looking at and they'll adjust a few things right before release... if there is time that is.
    Last edited by mmoc96d9238e4b; 2016-12-06 at 11:28 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KrayZee View Post
    Ya... he's just talking bullshit

Translates to: It's the last thing we are looking at and they'll adjust a few things right before release... if there is time that is.
    To be honest I buy that excuse.

You don't polish a car in the middle of building it.

Fixing animations that look's like it was made a monkey with down's syndrom is hardly polishing, not even close.

They are just lying through their teeths, especially if you consider their track record.
    The good bioware members is long gone anyways.

You shouldnt, while animation is one of the last thing you do when you make models, it doesent mean its the last thing you do when you do the actual game. If the game is almost gold like this, animation say for running is already all made lol. They arent saved for last. It will look as it look now, theres no way they go back and redo the per bone animation for the system they use. Its just a lie to fool the general people that it will get better.

Animation is not one of the last thing that gets polish, not even close. Bioware seriously needs to get past year 2010 when it comes to motion cap (they dont seems to use those). It even more obvious when they use dice engine now while animation is pretty much one of the strong point of dices games. Youd think since all of voice over from bioware were top notch, they would have been able to work with proper motion cap actors as well, but they never did.
    Last edited by minteK917; 2016-12-07 at 10:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    I could watch that sequence all day. These orientation videos are gorgeous as fuck.
    Me too. I know a lot of us have a (imo deserved) hateboner for Bioware but I will be very happy if this game is as enjoyable for me as any of the original 3 games were up until the last 30 minutes of ME3.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ouch View Post
    You shouldnt, while animation is one of the last thing you do when you make models, it doesent mean its the last thing you do when you do the actual game. If the game is almost gold like this, animation say for running is already all made lol. They arent saved for last. It will look as it look now, theres no way they go back and redo the per bone animation for the system they use. Its just a lie to fool the general people that it will get better.

Animation is not one of the last thing that gets polish, not even close. Bioware seriously needs to get past year 2010 when it comes to motion cap (they dont seems to use those). It even more obvious when they use dice engine now while animation is pretty much one of the strong point of dices games. Youd think since all of voice over from bioware were top notch, they would have been able to work with proper motion cap actors as well, but they never did.
    I don't know what to tell you... Don't buy the game then?

They have said that it will be polished and look better upon release? I don't see them, a business intent on selling a product (and I would assume more products in the future), so blatantly lying about something like that if it weren't so. Something that will be instantly verifiable upon release and result in massive backlash if it is untrue.

Its not like they beat around the bush and implied it may or may not look better or some other ambiguous marketing line that gives them plausible deniability later. Mac Walters flat out said it will be polished and look better. So either they are telling the truth or intentionally trying to get their game a lot of bad publicity during its launch... Which do you think is more likely?