Page 1 of 10
... LastLast

Cool Time's person of the year = Donald Trump

http://www.today.com/news/president-...r-2016-t105684

So what do you think about him being the person of the year? Is it well deserved? I find it is undeniable the impact he had had on the US and the world since he proclaimed he was running for president.

Well he somehow has had a huge effect on 2016, it's not the "most awesome person" award tho.

Quote Originally Posted by W1sp View Post

So what do you think about him being the person of the year? Is it well deserved? I find it is undeniable the impact he had had on the US and the world since he proclaimed he was running for president.
    He definitely made the history books and changed the game.

Deleted
    I dig it.

/10char

Hitler was person of the year 1938, so they stay in line.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Since it is not about who is the nicest or smartest or prettiest or damnable person of the year, but just the person - yeah...I feel it is deserved, no matter what I think of him.
    This is pretty much how i feel about it
    Warrior, getting my face smashed in because I love it

"The Perfect Raid Design Drawn by me .

I mean it was the obvious choice. Presidential victors usually are in big election years.

I do love "President of the Divided States of America". I hope he puts that right on his wall.

At least we get an abject lesson in "how you win matters". How Trump won smothered any kind of mandate he had in it's crib.

Never, Ever, My President!
    Last edited by Skroe; 2016-12-07 at 01:22 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    That's a rather silly Argument, FDR was the person of the year 3 times, Ghandi, The Silent Majority of America, American Women, Reagan twice, The Earth, You, Obama, Bernanke, Ebola fighters, and last year was Merkel.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    He definitely made the history books and changed the game.
    People said Obama changed the game too. Remind me again how that went.

Trump supporters are the Obama 2008 Fantatics Version 2.0. The parallels are staggering. Two sides of the same zealot coin.

Quote Originally Posted by Tierbook View Post
    That's a rather silly Argument, FDR was the person of the year 3 times, Ghandi, The Silent Majority of America, American Women, Reagan twice, The Earth, You, Obama, Bernanke, Ebola fighters, and last year was Merkel.
    That was no "argument", that was just a fact. Trump has and will severely damage the USA, not as bad as Hitler did to germany, but... Det basically said all that needs to be said.

10+ Year Old Account
    Stalin twice 1939, 1942..
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post

Trump supporters are the Obama 2008 Fantatics Version 2.0. The parallels are staggering. Two sides of the same zealot coin.
    I don't disagree when people say Obama was a mediocre/lukewarm president, but comparing him with the likes of trump is frankly just insulting and over-dramatic.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

10+ Year Old Account
    That was no "argument", that was just a fact. Trump has and will severely damage the USA, not as bad as Hitler did to germany, but... Det basically said all that needs to be said.
    How has Trump severely damaged the US.... he's not even in office yet for Christs sakes.....
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post

How did Obama change the game?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by W1sp View Post

Takes me back to 1938...

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    If you truly understood the atrocities committed by Hitler, you would never have written what you just wrote.
    “I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: ‘O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.’ And God granted it.” -- Voltaire

"He who awaits much can expect little" -- Gabriel Garcia Marquez

10+ Year Old Account
    Obvious choice. Bush won it in 2000 and 2004. Obama in 2008. Bill Clinton in 1992. HW in 1990. Reagan in 1980 and 1983. Carter in 1976. Etc. Etc.

Congrats Trump.
    Eat yo vegetables

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dkwhyevernot View Post
    Takes me back to 1938...
    Ditto for your comment
    “I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: ‘O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.’ And God granted it.” -- Voltaire

"He who awaits much can expect little" -- Gabriel Garcia Marquez

Quote Originally Posted by Tierbook View Post
    How has Trump severely damaged the US.... he's not even in office yet for Christs sakes.....
    Yeah, and he already has damaged the relations to china, pissed off boeing... there is more to come, be sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Scathbais View Post
    If you truly understood the atrocities committed by Hitler, you would never have written what you just wrote.
    I do. Trump has already called for muslim registries.
    Last edited by XDurionX; 2016-12-07 at 01:27 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, and he already has damaged the relations to china, pissed off boeing... there is more to come, be sure.
    Oh no the incoming president of the US took a call from a democratically elected leader which pissed off a dictatorship this is terrible.