Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cows For Life View Post
    5 lbs is a very heavy and large laptop and a real slog to be hauling around all day.
    I mean I can understand wanting as light as possible (as long as you're not sacrificing much on the battery life and performance side), but how in the world is 5lbs very heavy? Do you honestly have trouble carrying 5lbs?

Hell the Razer Blade 2016 is known as a pretty thin and portable laptop and even that's 4.16lb.
    | Fractal Design Define R5 White | Intel i7-4790K CPU | Corsair H100i Cooler | 16GB G.Skill Ripsaws X 1600Mhz |
    | MSI Gaming 6G GTX 980ti | Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD | Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD |

Quote Originally Posted by Arbiter View Post
    I mean I can understand wanting as light as possible (as long as you're not sacrificing much on the battery life and performance side), but how in the world is 5lbs very heavy? Do you honestly have trouble carrying 5lbs?

Hell the Razer Blade 2016 is known as a pretty thin and portable laptop and even that's 4.16lb.
    The difference between 2.5lbs and 5lbs is quite noticeable if you have to carry it on your back all day.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    The difference between 2.5lbs and 5lbs is quite noticeable if you have to carry it on your back all day.
    I can't say I agree, but who am I to assume your physical capabilities.
    | Fractal Design Define R5 White | Intel i7-4790K CPU | Corsair H100i Cooler | 16GB G.Skill Ripsaws X 1600Mhz |
    | MSI Gaming 6G GTX 980ti | Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD | Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD |

But....why?

If 2.5 lbs makes that huge of a difference, I don't know what to say. I am reminded of my wife's key chain though, "Suck it up pussy." It's 2.5 lbs, yeah, it's a noticeable difference, but carry that thing around for a week or 2 and you won't even notice it anymore. It's a mere 2.5 lbs. Like I said, I could understand if the laptop was 20-30 lbs or something, and the lighter ones were like 5-10. That would be a pain in the ass, but still easily possible. My 6 year old daughters overnight bag weighs more that and she carries that around with her all the time, just in case she gets the spend the night somewhere, she always has it ready and always carries it with her. Thing must weigh 20-25 lbs or so. You are literally saying that you are weaker than a 6-year old girl when complaining about carrying an extra 2.5 lbs.

Deleted
    Buying Mac for gaming is like buying a Porshe 911 to have Offroad trips. or using a screw as a hammer :P

Quote Originally Posted by Lathais View Post
    If 2.5 lbs makes that huge of a difference, I don't know what to say. I am reminded of my wife's key chain though, "Suck it up pussy." It's 2.5 lbs, yeah, it's a noticeable difference, but carry that thing around for a week or 2 and you won't even notice it anymore. It's a mere 2.5 lbs. Like I said, I could understand if the laptop was 20-30 lbs or something, and the lighter ones were like 5-10. That would be a pain in the ass, but still easily possible. My 6 year old daughters overnight bag weighs more that and she carries that around with her all the time, just in case she gets the spend the night somewhere, she always has it ready and always carries it with her. Thing must weigh 20-25 lbs or so. You are literally saying that you are weaker than a 6-year old girl when complaining about carrying an extra 2.5 lbs.
    You're projecting too much. Who said I'm not capable of carrying more than 2.5lbs? For me it is about the threshold between 'can't notice it's there' and I'm carrying a set of tools to work.

You're projecting too much. Who said I'm not capable of carrying more than 2.5lbs? For me it is about the threshold between 'can't notice it's there' and I'm carrying a set of tools to work.
    and as I said, carry it around for a week or two and you won't even notice it's there anymore.

Deleted
    Ok so in the interests of full disclosure...

The lenovo didnt arrive from amazon and i got a refund.

I am weak. I bought a macbook pro.

Ive not had long with it but here's some initial impressions.

Its lovely. It feels like it hasbeen hewn from a block of unobtanium

I have a acer 271hu and the macbook screen looks really nice

Only ran around a bit in valajar but on settings 1 and no adfons installed i get 55-60 fps. I locked frame rate in game options to 60.

Load times seem as fast, if not faster than my desktop 850 pro evo.

Macos ui compared to windows seems immensely clunky, but ill give it and ser how i get on. Bootcamp is included within the os so i might give it a go in the not too distant future.

Quote Originally Posted by Dkwhyevernot View Post
    Macos ui compared to windows seems immensely clunky
    Ladies and gentlemen - this is what a good UX looks like, not clunky, just perfect, according to OP:

triggered
    My nickname is "LDEV", not "idev". (both font clarification and ez bait)

yall im smh @ ur simplified english

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ldev View Post
    Ladies and gentlemen - this is what a good UX looks like, not clunky, just perfect, according to OP:

triggered
    I just need some time to get used to mac os.

Touch pad on the new mbp is very nice and getting 80+ fps on low settings is better than i was expecting.

So basically, you're asking us if you should pay more money to buy a macbook pro for your casual gaming when you could pay waaay less and have the same performance?

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dkwhyevernot View Post
    I just need some time to get used to mac os.

Touch pad on the new mbp is very nice and getting 80+ fps on low settings is better than i was expecting.
    Wait. You're actually justifying spending $1500+ (I'm guessing a lot more unless you went for the 13" model) just to be satisfied with low setting?

Those costs could've gotten you a better laptop that would've played any game out right now at much higher settings. I'm basically just reading "yea the gaming performance sucks but I get to say I own a Mac so I think it's worth the high cost".

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arbiter View Post
    Wait. You're actually justifying spending $1500+ (I'm guessing a lot more unless you went for the 13" model) just to be satisfied with low setting?

Those costs could've gotten you a better laptop that would've played any game out right now at much higher settings. I'm basically just reading "yea the gaming performance sucks but I get to say I own a Mac so I think it's worth the high cost".
    pretty much yes. its a very nice piece of kit for commuting on cramped british trains

"Should I throw money in the thrash? I'm gonna anyway" - the thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Hextor View Post
    "Should I throw money in the thrash? I'm gonna anyway" - the thread.
    Yup. At this point, I really have to question why he made a post anyway. He wanted to buy a MBP, was told it's a waste of money, and did it anyway. Why waste our time asking our opinion if it's just going to be completely ignored anyway.

Meh some people will pay extra for fitting in with strangers, to each their own. Personally i woulda grabbed a razer blade or xps 13 with a 1060.

10+ Year Old Account
    He got the MacBook, so what's the point of continuing?

Quote Originally Posted by Fascinate View Post
    Meh some people will pay extra for fitting in with strangers, to each their own. Personally i woulda grabbed a razer blade or xps 13 with a 1060.
    Razer Blade is also a waste of money. The XPS 13 doesn't have a dGPU. What you on about?
    Shahaad , Kevkul
    <Magdalena's pet>

Quote Originally Posted by Shahad View Post
    Razer Blade is also a waste of money. The XPS 13 doesn't have a dGPU. What you on about?
    Ya i wasn't sure the xps 13 shipped with a 1060 yet, and i never said the macbook was a waste of money. I dont think either the macbook or razer blade are a waste of money, you pay for the build quality mostly in both cases i just personally woulda went with the blade for the 1060. He just values social status over performance, and there is nothing wrong with that.