10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    1.) I'm currently unsubbed. I do not "love" retail. I simply believe the Legacy "movement" amounts to little more than a fringe obsession of a particularly vocal group of ex-WoW players who are, at times, fun to argue with.
    The obsession maybe a symptom of a problem with retail WoW. It's my opinion that current WoW is vastly different from Vanilla. So much so that it's a new game. The discussion about Legacy servers wouldn't be an issue if a lot of the original core designs from Vanilla weren't altered too much. At least if you're going to change it, change it for the better.

To give you an idea, Vanilla WoW had like how many raids? There's MC, ZG, AQ, BWL, and Naxx. TBC had even more raids. WoD they had three or just two content patches. New feature in Legion is old feature before WoD where you get 3 content patches. Price of the expansion is still $50 but was $40 in the past. So I pay more for less.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    I really don't understand the hate for pet battles. It gave a mini game to people that seems to be well enjoyed. It added collecting/trading/selling of pets, added more quests to the game and added a pvp element to the game. Hey if you'd rather have LESS things to do then that is fine but I enjoy having the option of pet battles being a thing. And pet battles isn't some unique thing that came along in Legion, it has been around for quite some time now.
    Quality over quantity. The whole point of pet battles is to keep you playing the game, which keeps you paying your monthly fee. It's only an issue cause some people see a decline in other aspects of the game, and think it maybe related to crap like pet battles taking away development time. Remember, WoD had only two content patches, and people were complaining there was nothing to do in the game. Players like myself only like to do something if it improves my characters damage or healing output. Pet Battles don't do that, and I would prefer if Blizzard doesn't get creative and find ways to improve characters through pet battles.

As entertaining as Meet Mischief is, that took some serious effort to make. How many bosses in Legion raids are reusing old models with new textures? For every boss that doesn't have an original 3D model, that's a -50DKP for Blizzard.

Deleted
    Stop comparing raid over exp. TBC had even 1boss Raid like Mag that cant really be counted as "raid" but only scattering tier set around

Also "pet battle makes you still subbed" is a mere conspiracy like "chemtrails!112"

Quote Originally Posted by Dukenukemx View Post
    Quality over quantity. The whole point of pet battles is to keep you playing the game, which keeps you paying your monthly fee. It's only an issue cause some people see a decline in other aspects of the game, and think it maybe related to crap like pet battles taking away development time. Remember, WoD had only two content patches, and people were complaining there was nothing to do in the game. Players like myself only like to do something if it improves my characters damage or healing output. Pet Battles don't do that, and I would prefer if Blizzard doesn't get creative and find ways to improve characters through pet battles.

As entertaining as Meet Mischief is, that took some serious effort to make. How many bosses in Legion raids are reusing old models with new textures? For every boss that doesn't have an original 3D model, that's a -50DKP for Blizzard.
    You are making some huge leaps of faith to the land of conclusions here. First of all I really doubt it takes long to create a pet when compared to a raid boss. Also pets have been around since day 1 of Vanilla so I'm pretty sure it is a simple thing to create one. Also some of these pets create a large hit of money and some of them even do something nice, such as Mischief being a charity based pet.

Pet battles may have taken something from the game but they also added something else. Many many people have done pet battles over the years since it has come out, the stats are out there somewhere from Blizz if you wish to go look. We don't know what pet battles cost the game but they came out in MoP and that shouldn't have really impacted WoD too much.

I get it, you want LESS to do and would rather spend your time doing a long level grind session. To each their own.

Dukennukemx makes a valid point. Its rather funny to see such nice skinned bought pets, mounts, etc while new content has recycled skins over and over. People get upset at that since putting in serious time to get something of note has less time put into it than a 15 dollar store purchase. Spend many hours farming to get a mount to just have it have a recolor of another one that took 10 minutes to get. If some one things those in game store thing don't take time to make and some how its not taking time away from CURRENT wow, they'd be wrong.

Which is ironic since the common arguement is "Legacy will take to much time way from current wow, that just should not be allowed" all while they eagerly buying content from stores that did just thate. Take time away from wow.

Quote Originally Posted by Bellabel View Post
    Dukennukemx makes a valid point. Its rather funny to see such nice skinned bought pets, mounts, etc while new content has recycled skins over and over. People get upset at that since putting in serious time to get something of note has less time put into it than a 15 dollar store purchase. Spend many hours farming to get a mount to just have it have a recolor of another one that took 10 minutes to get.
    It's not WoD. We're playing Legion.

You are making some huge leaps of faith to the land of conclusions here. First of all I really doubt it takes long to create a pet when compared to a raid boss. Also pets have been around since day 1 of Vanilla so I'm pretty sure it is a simple thing to create one. Also some of these pets create a large hit of money and some of them even do something nice, such as Mischief being a charity based pet.

Pet battles may have taken something from the game but they also added something else. Many many people have done pet battles over the years since it has come out, the stats are out there somewhere from Blizz if you wish to go look. We don't know what pet battles cost the game but they came out in MoP and that shouldn't have really impacted WoD too much.

I get it, you want LESS to do and would rather spend your time doing a long level grind session. To each their own.
    You neglect how long they took to code. Simple to create, artistically. What kind of dev time did pet battles take away from "live" content, at the time?

What kind of dev time will Legacy take away? You seem to approve of these pet battles.
    Last edited by Vineri; 2016-12-07 at 09:11 AM.

Deleted
    Some Example of "Re-model Bosses" ?

Because im quite sure there is a difference between, re-model and re-skin

I like how people there confuse and mix "Model" with "Texture/Skin" the bliss of ignorance.

Deleted
    Legacy didn't have pet battles, and it was awesome
    If pet battle were introduced to a classic server, would it be less awesome? I'm curious to read the "It's bad" arguments besides the overused "It's for retail kids" that i read a lot in the official forums, on various reddit, here and on all the youtuber who like to "discuss" on 100 various videos for nothing.

The only one which makes me quite sad is one i've read in a previous post, it was "i want to progress with my character". Sad because everything must be a progression? You can't just enjoy doing "nothing" or it must always be something to be stronger? But considering Vanilla was only a matter of how much time you can put into the game more than anything else, maybe...
    (Don't lie to yourself, only people with huge gametime could "progress" in vanilla. The main difficulty of the pve was all the necessary grind and technical organisation before the raid more than the raid itself).

Like transmog in that way. It's something that makes me play coutless hours for... nothing. The "prestige" of the gear was indeed something really fin back then but now? Were you still excited to see someone with the epic gear on those private server? Were you still euphoric when you use a flypath for the first time or meet a curious elite mob in silverspine? Are you still playing without keybinds? Even back then when i played in 2005 i found the levelling extremely easy compared to older mmo. Right now with all the knowledge i got it would be trivial.

By the way one of the youtuber made a video to discuss about "Is there a war between legacy fan and retail one" while being quite neutral on the subject. And then by curiosity i check his "twitter" and saw a condescending tweet like "We are gonna play the real game while retail people will enjoy the non rpg pokemon dress up shit fest of a game".

Indeed.

Deleted
    I complain about retail a lot and about the things that were changed or added during or after wrath but pet battles are actually pretty neutral to me.

I mean as far as I know they have no real impact on the game? Those kind of features don't bother me, I'm not really a pet battle player but whatever.

Plus, the pets were ingame since launch so it's not a bad thing that they made something out of them.

Anyways, anyone has the diabo pet from WoW collector's edition? how cool would it be to have it, I heard accounts with it are sold for a lot of money.

Quote Originally Posted by Raenor View Post
    I complain about retail a lot and about the things that were changed or added during or after wrath but pet battles are actually pretty neutral to me.

I mean as far as I know they have no real impact on the game? Those kind of features don't bother me, I'm not really a pet battle player but whatever.

Plus, the pets were ingame since launch so it's not a bad thing that they made something out of them.

Anyways, anyone has the diabo pet from WoW collector's edition? how cool would it be to have it, I heard accounts with it are sold for a lot of money.
    The CE itself even used goes for quite a bit. I paid £375 for mine but it was used.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2016-12-07 at 01:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vineri View Post
    What kind of dev time will Legacy take away? You seem to approve of these pet battles.
    Whether you like it or not, Pet Battles are already in the game. To make a new pet for pet battling is no different than making a new pet pre-'Pet Battle'. Pick up an already existing rig (feline, slime, bird, etc), minimize it and give it a new artistic style. How much dev time it took to add Pet Battle to the game? Unknown. Nowhere as much as it would take to re-create legacy realms, I'm willing to bet. Besides, Pet Battles was an addition to the retail game, not a separate game on its own.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    The CE itself even used goes for quite a bit. I paid £375 for mine but it was used.
    Yup, the price is insane http://www.ebay.com/itm/World-of-War...-/221870910347

why didnt I buy it in 2004

Quote Originally Posted by Raenor View Post
    Yup, the price is insane http://www.ebay.com/itm/World-of-War...-/221870910347

why didnt I buy it in 2004
    Honestly it was better to buy it way back because it's spiked right up now due to it being even more rare.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shad View Post
    Stop comparing raid over exp. TBC had even 1boss Raid like Mag that cant really be counted as "raid" but only scattering tier set around

Also "pet battle makes you still subbed" is a mere conspiracy like "chemtrails!112"
    The starting raids for TBC like Karazhan along with Gruul's layer and Magtheridon's layer count as 1 content patch. Serpentshrine Cavern and Tempest Keep was the second content for TBC. The Battle for Mount Hyjal was 3rd. Zul'Amen was 4th. Black Temple was 5th, and finally Sunwell was 6th. Legion will be half the expansion of what TBC was.

You are making some huge leaps of faith to the land of conclusions here. First of all I really doubt it takes long to create a pet when compared to a raid boss.
    The point is there's a lot of raid bosses with reused models and new recolored skins. The time put into kitty could have been used for a better looking raid boss.
    The reception for pet battles wasn't a warm welcome. I've done pet battles but only to see what it's about. That and I get gold for completing something.
    Pet Battles is doing... LESS, cause it doesn't add to the game. I want more dungeons and raids, not this junk. If Pet Battle is a good substitute for real content, why was so many people complaining about WoD? Cause it isn't a substitute for real content. That's like in Witcher 3 where you have a game that you play cards. I never played it, but the game was so huge and great that I wasn't bothered by it. Also, I don't pay a monthly fee to play Witcher 3 so its not like I need to be entertained for my $15.
    Last edited by Vash The Stampede; 2016-12-07 at 02:40 PM.

Guys, in a local gaming website, I heard is coming back. Is this true? I may try it this time.

INFRACTION
    Last edited by Saracens; 2016-12-07 at 03:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    Guys, in a local gaming website, I heard Nostalrius is coming back. Is this true? I may try it this time.
    Kinda, sorta, merging or something. 17 December 2016.

Quote Originally Posted by Morbownz View Post
    Kinda, sorta, merging or something. 17 December 2016.
    How this is even possible? Didn't Blizzard threaten them to sue?

10+ Year Old Account
    Guys, in a local gaming website, I heard Nostalrius is coming back. Is this true? I may try it this time.
    Something something December 17th. Forum rules says I can't say anything or the moderator police will get me.

How this is even possible? Didn't Blizzard threaten them to sue?
    Well you see the way it works is like this. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by Dukenukemx View Post
    The reception for pet battles wasn't a warm welcome. I've done pet battles but only to see what it's about. That and I get gold for completely something.
    And your evidence to your claim is... a tiny part of a single video, which was clearly designed more with the intention to be funny than critical? That's anecdotal evidence, at best, there.

Pet Battles is doing... LESS, cause it doesn't add to the game. I want more dungeons and raids, not this junk.
    Newsflash: the game is not developed for you, in particular.

If Pet Battle is a good substitute for real content,
    You don't get to decide what "real content" is and what isn't.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    And your evidence to your claim is... a tiny part of a single video, which was clearly designed more with the intention to be funny than critical? That's anecdotal evidence, at best, there.
    I thought it was common knowledge that lots of people weren't happy about Pet Battles? That and LFR.

Newsflash: the game is not developed for you, in particular.
    Duh, that's why I'm going back to Vanilla WoW. This game is totally casual now.
    You don't get to decide what "real content" is and what isn't.
    Yes I do, cause I get to decide if Blizzard gets real money or no money. I pulled a page from James Rolfe and didn't buy Legion. If I know I'm going to hate it, why should I buy it? If my view of "real content" doesn't line up with Blizzards, I'm not paying for their game. I'm going back to Vanilla WoW.