Page 1 of 2
LastLast

How to get rid of stomach flu symptoms quickly?

I have a reservation for today's Sushi buffet and was planning to eat like a pig but am feeling unwell today, and I think it's the stomach flu my sister had the previous week. Does anyone know a way of easing the pain and feeling of fullness that come with it? It doesn't really bother me that much if I feel much worse tomorrow, I need to be well this evening.

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    You are looking at this the wrong way. You have a golden oppurtunity to go in that sushi buffet, gorge like crazy, vomit, and likely cause an entire restaurant to vomit as well.

Try some fresh ginger in carbonated water. Alka seltzer works.

Time. If you have the flu virus, you have to wait until your body dispenses biological justice on it. There is no quick fix for these things.

Go eat sushi anyways. Pig out, take some home with you. Leave it in your car in the sun for 6 hours then eat the sushi. I guarantee the food poisoning will override your stomach flu.
    I'm the root of all that is evil, yeah, but you can call me cookie.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Piglord View Post
    Go eat sushi anyways. Pig out, take some home with you. Leave it in your car in the sun for 6 hours then eat the sushi. I guarantee the food poisoning will override your stomach flu.
    Why not cut out the middle man and just hang yourself to show the flu who is the boss of your body.

15+ Year Old Account
    IF a store near you sells Gin Gins (chewy candy), pick up a bag of those for nausea. For the pain, take either Advil or Tylenol depending on which generally works for you.

I've had a mild case of food poisoning before. And the only way to really deal with it is to ride it out.
    Not pretty. The extreme weakness and the hourly or so trips to the toilet...WHERE IS THIS ALL COMING FROM IF I HAVEN'T EATEN ANYTHING?
    And I believe the stomach flu is similar.

Pepto Bismol

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

BRAT diet for 24-48hrs. During that time drink plenty of fluids. Pedialyte, Gatorade would be good if you can stomach them.

B - Bananas
    R - Rice
    A - Applesauce
    T - Toast

basically stick to just eating those things and especially stay away from Caffeine and Dairy. You could go get something like immodium to help but I would only consider doing that after the 48hr period.

Deleted
    No, no don't listen to the other people in this thread.

Take a dirty ashtray and rub your sandwich in it, then eat it.

Deleted
    I heard weed gives you munchies and eases pain... you should try it!
    /joke

In all seriousness; You should never consider "quick fixes" when it concerns your health.

Stood in the Fire Static Transit's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ginger ale helps. I wouldn't recommend going to eat sushi until you've recovered though, unless you want food poisoning.

Love some of the comments. Thanks for the advice. I'll keep in mind not to eat that much.

Morphine supposedly eases pain i have heard /s

I like to simply eat loads of bananas

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fiend View Post
    Why not cut out the middle man and just hang yourself to show the flu who is the boss of your body.
    This is good advice for this poster. Alternatively, you could just cut your stomach out. A little bit of pain at the start, but symptoms will vanish almost instantly!

Quote Originally Posted by Nemah View Post
    This is good advice for this poster. Alternatively, you could just cut your stomach out. A little bit of pain at the start, but symptoms will vanish almost instantly!
    youd probably have phantom pain as a result of this

meaning youd have flu symptoms for the rest of your life

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by apples View Post
    youd probably have phantom pain as a result of this

meaning youd have flu symptoms for the rest of your life
    Hm, hadn't considered that. It'd work itself out pretty quick, though.

Field Marshal
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fiend View Post
    Seriously what's with these idiotic comments? Maybe you should do that to yourself when you get stomach flu or infection.

At OP, there is no quick fix for this, best alternative though is to see your doctor and get some prescriptions for medication.

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Do the BRAT diet for the day.
    Bacon
    Red meat
    Adderal
    Tequila

Solid diet.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuji47 View Post
    Seriously what's with these idiotic comments? Maybe you should do that to yourself when you get stomach flu or infection.

At OP, there is no quick fix for this, best alternative though is to see your doctor and get some prescriptions for medication.
    Maybe because any other comment trying to give a quick fix is just as stupid.?