Page 37 of 44 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    people are so weird.

Trump opens communication up with Taiwan, everyone hates him lol double standards little lefties.

China a month ago was the enemy to most of you due to its slave labor and communist politics. Despite this the US followed China's orders to stop talks with Taiwan if it wanted to do business.

China now makes huge profits while the US takes huge losses due to current china/us trade deals.

Trump opening up conversation with Taiwan is bad, but closing communication because china said so is good???

lol ridiculous, that is why a talk about politics can never be serious with the modern liberal democrat. it just devolves into a well the news said it is bad, and i am not going to look into facts or question it. but if you dare to make valid reasonable points against it does not matter i will argue with you to the end of time.

Quote Originally Posted by Dankdruid View Post
    people are so weird.

Trump opens communication up with Taiwan, everyone hates him lol double standards little lefties.

China a month ago was the enemy to most of you due to its slave labor and communist politics. Despite this the US followed China's orders to stop talks with Taiwan if it wanted to do business.

China now makes huge profits while the US takes huge losses due to current china/us trade deals.

Trump opening up conversation with Taiwan is bad, but closing communication because china said so is good???

lol ridiculous, that is why a talk about politics can never be serious with the modern liberal democrat. it just devolves into a well the news said it is bad, and i am not going to look into facts or question it. but if you dare to make valid reasonable points against it does not matter i will argue with you to the end of time.
    Question: if this is purely a 'lol liberals' issue, why have none of the previous Republican presidents gotten all buddy-buddy with Taiwan just to spit in China's eye?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by LaserSharkDFB View Post
    Question: if this is purely a 'lol liberals' issue, why have none of the previous Republican presidents gotten all buddy-buddy with Taiwan just to spit in China's eye?
    'just to spit in china's eye' lol ridiculous, not going to get into a debate with someone who has a pre determined decision without knowing all the information.

Quote Originally Posted by Dankdruid View Post
    'just to spit in china's eye' lol ridiculous, not going to get into a debate with someone who has a pre determined decision without knowing all the information.
    In other words, you have no explanation. Got it.

Let's all stop pretending this was a deliberate move by Trump, yeah? He just picked up the phone and ingratiated himself with the same used car salesman bit he used on Pakistan and likely all the other countries. He has no idea what he's doing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

hmf...Taiwan once pursued a nuclear weapons program, but backed off when it was realized that such an movement would be seen as provocation and that the US wouldn't lift a finger when China would inevitably respond. And even though Taiwan is heavily armed, I can't imagine they take solace in that fact since China has a lot of missiles pointed at them.
    *shrugs*
    Taiwan will keep pushing for independence until China gets tired of hearing it and takes their warships down the Taiwan Strait and takes over.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Let's all stop pretending this was a deliberate move by Trump, yeah? He just picked up the phone and ingratiated himself with the same used car salesman bit he used on Pakistan and likely all the other countries. He has no idea what he's doing.
    Which kind of tells you something about the political climate in the US where the entire media and political spheres can come together and still get beaten by some guy who doesn't know what they're doing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    hmf...Taiwan once pursued a nuclear weapons program, but backed off when it was realized that such an movement would be seen as provocation and that the US wouldn't lift a finger when China would inevitably respond. And even though Taiwan is heavily armed, I can't imagine they take solace in that fact since China has a lot of missiles pointed at them.
    *shrugs*
    Taiwan will keep pushing for independence until China gets tired of hearing it and takes their warships down the Taiwan Strait and takes over.
    China's navy isn't that impressive.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

Quote Originally Posted by Tierbook View Post
    Depends on what you're comparing it to.

Donald Trump confesses US Presidency is 'bigger job than he thought'

Which kind of tells you something about the political climate in the US where the entire media and political spheres can come together and still get beaten by some guy who doesn't know what they're doing.
    Anyone remember Survivor season 1 from back in 2000? Richard Hatch manipulated them all into letting him win. Richard Hatch. Pictured here flunking out of Who Wants to be a Millionaire in the warm-up round because he failed the question "what is 11 times 12?":

I learned that day that Americans have some kind of hole in their brain that allows them to be manipulated by absolute dribbling morons.

infracted - trolling
    Last edited by Crissi; 2016-12-08 at 10:12 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Berengil View Post
    I'm 100% for a hard line with the tyrants in Beijing.

50% tariff on everything Made in China. WTO doesn't like it? US leaves the WTO.

Park a third of the US Pacific Fleet in Taiwan's territorial waters and publicly state support for Taiwanese independence. Make it clear that any attack on USN ships will be the closing of the book on Chinese history.

Basically, dare the PRC to cross a line that will end them.
    It would end you too. Don't be naive and think that US would come unscathed rofl. Economically and not only that it would be a total clusterfuck for decades to come.

- - - Updated - - -

Anyone remember Survivor season 1 from back in 2000? Richard Hatch manipulated them all into letting him win. Richard Hatch. Pictured here flunking out of Who Wants to be a Millionaire in the warm-up round because he failed the question "what is 11 times 12?":

I learned that day that Americans have some kind of hole in their brain that allows them to be manipulated by absolute dribbling morons.
    That's elementary school lvl math fail if i saw one:P

Yet

/10char

Quote Originally Posted by Berengil View Post
    I'm 100% for a hard line with the tyrants in Beijing.

50% tariff on everything Made in China. WTO doesn't like it? US leaves the WTO.

Park a third of the US Pacific Fleet in Taiwan's territorial waters and publicly state support for Taiwanese independence. Make it clear that any attack on USN ships will be the closing of the book on Chinese history.

Basically, dare the PRC to cross a line that will end them.
    I just love ignorance here...

Here's a reality check from my old notes:

When former President Clinton stated he was going to revoke China's MFN status, the Chinese lobby went into action. A coalition of Fortune 500 companies (AT&T, Kodak, Motorola, General Electric, TRW inc, Honeywell, Chrysler, Digital Equipment, Boeing, et al) teamed up with them. Add another pro-China business lobby, the Emergency Committee for American Trade with that allowed personal cash contributions from highly paid CEOs, the lobbying blitz that came was described by Rep Frank Wolf (R-VA) a "feeding frenzy of lawyers." They conducted briefing session at the Capitol. They brought corporate executives to Capitol Hill to personally lobby individual congresspersons. They mobilized letter-writing campaigns, and created all kinds of studies to show the "high cost" to the American economy of revoking MFN status for China.

In addition to all this pressure from US multinational corporations, China had its own team of lawyers representing its embassy. In 1970, China didn't have a single lobbyist in DC. Now, they have about 20 law firms and consultants registered as foreign representatives for the People's Republic. And that doesn't include the multinational businesses.

Between 1986 and 1995, the US trade deficit went from $1.6 billion to almost $34 billion, an over 2000% increase. The resulting job losses; almost 700,000.

Essentially what you really want is a hardline against all the big businesses lobbying on China's behalf...which also do business here in the US. China and an alliance of a legion of multinational corporations have a lobby that is too powerful. General Motors and Ford which fought Japanese imports of automobiles and such parts for years are among China's biggest supporters. Like most multinational corporations, they saw China as both an expanding marketplace, and a source of cheap labor. So it's in their interest for multinational corporations to keep the love Jones thing going between the US and China. Don't let the harsh rhetoric fool you. Things won't change until the money in DC politics goes away. (Campaign Finance Reform)

Wow, nation bash much?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    Whats the proper way to make a phone call? I only know of one way. Dial the number of the person you want to talk to
    You can call the president, right now? Please, tell me what happens when you try to call Trump and let me know how it goes.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Puremallace View Post
    Yes a nuclear armed high school freshman that owns all of our manufacturing and owns 10% of our debt.
    When you owe 100 $ to the bank it's your problem, if you owe 1 000 000 € to the bank it's the bank's problem.

This story has been great to watch in the media.

The first day, Trump was a bumbling moron in their view, who was unaware of the one china policy.

The next day, the issue became he is playing "dangerous games" with China.

The next day, it was "Who is he to undermine Obama before he takes office?"

I wonder how many days until the media can figure out that China is economically and militarily inferior to us, and the relationship has been exactly backwards for far too long. Probably never.

The least surprised entity in this news story is China. Surely they watched the election that the media didn't, and they were aware of how Trump felt about our relationship.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tijuana View Post
    This story has been great to watch in the media.

The first day, Trump was a bumbling moron in their view, who was unaware of the one china policy.

The next day, the issue became he is playing "dangerous games" with China.

The next day, it was "Who is he to undermine Obama before he takes office?"

I wonder how many days until the media can figure out that China is economically and militarily inferior to us, and the relationship has been exactly backwards for far too long. Probably never.

The least surprised entity in this news story is China. Surely they watched the election that the media didn't, and they were aware of how Trump felt about our relationship.
    Is this just a long-winded way of "we gun dun bomb dem if dey don't lik us"?
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    There is a problem, but I know just banning guns will fix the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Daelak View Post
    Is this just a long-winded way of "we gun dun bomb dem if dey don't lik us"?
    No, it was a relevant point discussing the change in media response over time to this event. Do you want me to read it out loud for you?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tijuana View Post
    No, it was a relevant point discussing the change in media response over time to this event. Do you want me to read it out loud for you?
    There is no relevant points, you are just jabbering and making unsubstantiated accusations at the "media", as it's some type of amorphous entity.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/12/07/wo...enle.html?_r=0

Just because you think they are "inferior" to us, again a laughably ignorant statement, doesn't mean their role in assisting our interests in the region should be ignored . Diplomatic solutions require far more expertise and willingness to see in the long term than just threatening military force.
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    There is a problem, but I know just banning guns will fix the problem.