Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelos View Post
    I am very picky about my games, but the stuff some people post in this thread... come on. Many of these things are understandable, but many seem like 'OMG A FLY JUST LANDED ON MY PLATE, I WON'T EAT MY MEAL ANYMORE'.
    While true, I think that mentality is simply attributed to the fact that there are SO many games that meet the persons specific criteria/ expectations that there's no need for them to branch out and try these "lesser" games (in their opinion).

For example, I don't have anything against "indie games" or smaller games that used retro graphics styles (Undertale) but I just can't get myself to play one for long because I just really enjoy more current and graphically intense visuals. FFVI is one of my all time favorite games (I know it's not indie, just an example) but I just can't play it for that long because the graphics coupled with the old school control scheme don't provide a compelling gaming experience for me in today's sea of current gen games.

One thing i can't stand is 1st person view in anything other than fps especially rpg/mmorpg.

btw happened once that some terrible control/camera combo in a 3rd person game caused me sickness
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

15+ Year Old Account
    Censorship of any kind. Why bother releasing it overseas if you're gonna censor it?

10+ Year Old Account
    Diablo style controls, believe it's called Isometric. Just can't play them.

Bad difficulty curves. Some games you're progressing just fine and then it's like hitting a wall, things become super difficult and just not fun for me. Other games become too easy, specifically games like Shadow of Mordor and the Far Cry's. Once you have all the talents unlocked or collected all the weapons the game becomes a joke and boring.
    I sat alone in the dark one night, tuning in by remote.
    I found a preacher who spoke of the light, but there was Brimstone in his throat.
    He'd show me the way, according to him, in return for my personal check.
    I flipped my channel back to CNN and lit another cigarette.

10+ Year Old Account
    If I don't like the combat, I won't play it.

Take Witcher 3 for example. I think that almost everything aside from the Combat is good to excellent, but I can't get myself to enjoy it. The second I'm playing a game with combat and I spend more time trying to bypass enemies due to the tedium of fighting them (stealth games not included), then I just stop enjoying it. Even in a game like Skyrim, where the combat is so incredibly basic, I can still enjoy it for what it is.

Another would be over the top sexualized art-style, to the degree of Blade and Soul.

15+ Year Old Account
    Anime /10hentais
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Quote Originally Posted by serenka View Post
    quite a lot can turn me off a game

the anime style is a big one, hate that style, turns me off instant;y, wont even read the description of the game.

if we're talking in the game it self, then its unskippable tutorials, if i start up a game and i have to spend 25mins doing a basic tutorial of how to move, jump, shoot etc, then i don't want to know. i just want to play the damn game.
    I completely agree with this so hard. One of my favorite genres is simulation/strategy. I just bought Planet Coaster and I IMMEDIATELY went to sanbox mode and learned the game there, I cannot STAND guided tutorials. >.<

Also... I dislike Anime too, however, have you heard of Flyff? It is an Anime game, but it's an MMO. They've got very intricate systems in place for upgrading/farming. Unfortunately, the only updates it receives now are cash shop updates. While serious issues like duping are quite literally ruining the servers. It literally HAS to be played on private servers nowadays.

10+ Year Old Account
    Crappy controls / UI are by FAR the easiest turn off for me. Even if I adore everything else, sloppy controls will ruin any fun.

Hilarious one: No option to invert Y axis.

That alone caused me not to purchase Archeage with my friends; I had (fortunately) tried one of the open beta weekends for it, found the option wasn't available unless i went out of my way to load 3rd party software that was iffy at best in terms of effectiveness, so I simply nope'd out. Only game I've run into without that option in all these years.

They eventually added that option to AA...9 months after launch. By then all of my friends who had bought it had quit several months prior to that patch.

Bad controls, its a game after all.
    Hi Sephurik

Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    Games that don't let me jump.
    Funnily enough, I couldn't play Guild Wars 1 at all because of this.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    For me it's anime art style. If it has that, can't do it no matter what.
    Another anime hater signing up. Also pretty much anything retro like 2D graphics and stuff like that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Bad controls and the worst thing a game can do IMO

AN INCREDIBILITY LONG AND BORING TUTORIAL!

Assassins Creed 3 and Kingdom Hearts 1 are games I can almost never pick up again simply because of the tutorial. AC2 had a rather long one, but it was interesting because the plot got moving really quick and kept up the pacing which made me not care that we are still early game tutorial for all aspects of your character.

Assassins Creed 3 was obnoxious slow.... you get two TWO TUTORIALS! One as haythem and one as connor..... and honestly it was booorrriiinnnggggg.

Then you have Kindom Hearts where I refused to pick up the game or any after because of how long the beginning segments were. They were slow, boring, not interesting, etc. It was more confusing and wondering wtf is this shit.

Quote Originally Posted by lucred View Post
    Sloppy/unresponsive controls. It is a video game, one of the biggest focuses should be on making it PLAY comfortably/accurately.
    Yeah, I have stopped playing a few games because I just thought the control was awkward. It surprises me that the games don't let you customize the controls to your liking. Why lose a player over controls, seems silly.

Also, a toxic player base. Who wants to deal with that type of idiocy?

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Boring Gameplay.

bad control character in game and too much shortcut on the keyboard, i mean there are some game that are just too many shortcut to remember, i dont want to do the third symphony of Mozart when i play a game ;p

10+ Year Old Account
    ALso boring villains kinda hurts the game experience to me too.

They are the antagonist, they shouldn't be boring. Like in AC revelations (my least favorite AC game since I havnt played Unity, Rogue, or Syndicate) the villains were dull and boring compared to the Borgia family or even your mentor in the first game.

Think of jhow many games were the villain was a good character, now think of the quality of that game.

Extreme political correctness. Battlefield One comes to mind.
    You cannot do that while stunned.
    You die.
    You are dead.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by serenka View Post
    quite a lot can turn me off a game

the anime style is a big one, hate that style, turns me off instant;y, wont even read the description of the game.

if we're talking in the game it self, then its unskippable tutorials, if i start up a game and i have to spend 25mins doing a basic tutorial of how to move, jump, shoot etc, then i don't want to know. i just want to play the damn game.
    My god this shit needs to stop. Every time I want to go through Halo, it has to tell me how to move the freaking camera. Like seriously, I know how to move a goddamn joystick. It's not rocket science, I want to look left, I move the stick left (because only psychopaths use inverted, and I'm not a psychopath.) I don't need a f**king tutorial.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    Not having proper save system in single player game or pause. If I play a single player game I expect to be able to take a break whenever I want to and not "only 30 min longer to the next checkpoint".
    Any developer who still puts checkpoints in a game rather than a simple "save whenever you want" system, should be blacklisted from ever making games again. There's no excuse for it. We have harddrives in the terabytes now. I have 600+ Skyrim saves after playing that game intermittently for 5 years. That hasn't even made a dent my my PC's storage.
    Putin khuliyo

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Any developer who still puts checkpoints in a game rather than a simple "save whenever you want" system, should be blacklisted from ever making games again. There's no excuse for it. We have harddrives in the terabytes now. I have 600+ Skyrim saves after playing that game intermittently for 5 years. That hasn't even made a dent my my PC's storage.
    Or you know... both? Nothing worse than forgetting to save for a few hours and then dying. Autosave/checkpoints is awesome combined with saving.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne