Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    She's bound by a contract.

If she actually went missing or died, I'm not too sure what they'd do. I don't believe she'd just leave the show on her own accord, though. It's career suicide, and she'd be facing a lawsuit.
    Ya i was thinking more on the lines of rehab or an OD. Considering her ill looking state and the fact that she is dating the cokehead Jonas brother.

10+ Year Old Account
    I didn't know him much outside GoT, but he really did a great job with Maester Aemon.

And now, his watch has ended.
    "Je vous répondrai par la bouche de mes canons!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontenac View Post
    I didn't know him much outside GoT, but he really did a great job with Maester Aemon.

And now, his watch has ended.
    Yes. Unfortunately, he never got to know the ending. Wonder if GRRM will ever finish the books now that he is made his millions.
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    The main function of Mythic mode for most players is to act as a reminder that, compared to that 1%, they suck.

Quote Originally Posted by Fayenoor View Post
    Yes. Unfortunately, he never got to know the ending. Wonder if GRRM will ever finish the books now that he is made his millions.
    I wouldn't. I would ride out the life of royalties and appearances, never having to work much again, if I had as little time left as GRRM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    I wouldn't. I would ride out the life of royalties and appearances, never having to work much again, if I had as little time left as GRRM.
    Yea.. I think so too. unfortunately most artist/writers go the franchise route and sell their soul in the process once their creations become famous and they never finish what they started if they hadn't already finished it before becoming famous.

Only exception I can think of is the guy who drew the character in my Avatar -- a rare gem of a cartoonist who refused to sell his creations off.
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    The main function of Mythic mode for most players is to act as a reminder that, compared to that 1%, they suck.

No ending might be better than an ending; with a series as popular as ASOIAF, it'll be extremely difficult to create a tight-knit ending that satisfies the majority, let alone everyone. With so many plot lines to close up and people rooting for opposing characters, it'll be very easy to botch the ending. No ending means that everyone can dream of their own perfect ending.

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    GRRM has said that he's had the ending in mind the whole time. With very few exceptions he already knows who's going to do what. So if he's going to "botch" the ending, he was always going to.

While I know he feeds off of the reactions of fans, I get the sense that this work was always about his own sense of artistry. He's only going to be happy crafting his ending, and really isn't as interested in trying to create a crowd pleasing ending.

I think he left that part to the show.
    Last edited by Sooba; 2016-12-08 at 07:45 PM.

Most writers are haunted by their stories. To them, writing is some form of exorcising their demons. I've written a book, not because I wanted to be famous or rich, but because it was rattling around in my head for a few years and I had to get it out of me so I could move on to other things.

I don't know if GRRM is like that, or if money and fame can ease the stories bouncing off the inside of your skull, but hopefully he finishes because as a creative person, he's compelled to finish.

Well new set photos are in. It appears The free foalk leak is 100% legit now.

The photos show Euron parading Yara by a collar around KL followed by Ellaria and Tyene.

We know that Euron and the Lannisters defeat Dany's navy at sea killing the other two adult sand snakes, Capturing Yara Tyene and Ellaria

Tyene apparently is killed by poison in front of Ellaria as revenge for Myrcella.

No word on Ellaria's fate

Things don't look good for Yara just about the only way she will live through this is if Euron makes her his wife/rape slave.

I guess Dorn passes to one of the younger sand snakes then Saraella I think.

RIP once and for the Dornish Master Plan?

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    RIP once and for the Dornish Master Plan?
    By the end of the Season Dorne will probably be under the leadership of one of the younger Sandsnakes. They may go neutral may stay with Dany.

The Reach is pretty well fucked half of them betray the Tyrells then get bbqed by Dany.

Dany will probably win the Westerlands As she takes The Rock.

Somewhere in there Dany ambushed Cerci's men and slaughters them with the dragons.

By season 8 Cercil(if she lives that long) will only have whats left of hers and Euron's personal men to call upon.

Cerci is probably dead at the end of season 7 or early season 8 with the rest of the time dedicated to the ice zombies.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well now that the Giants are officially out of the playoffs, and the Golden Globe after parties are done... The Mountain that Writes Edits Anthologies deigns to maybe finish the book this year.

"I think it'll be dome this year."

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    Most writers are haunted by their stories. To them, writing is some form of exorcising their demons. I've written a book, not because I wanted to be famous or rich, but because it was rattling around in my head for a few years and I had to get it out of me so I could move on to other things.

I don't know if GRRM is like that, or if money and fame can ease the stories bouncing off the inside of your skull, but hopefully he finishes because as a creative person, he's compelled to finish.
    Mmmm I don't know. I know a lot of creative types, several of whom have gotten bored with a given project and didn't bother to finish. Even after sinking a lot of time and energy into it...

I am sure GRRM will finish (even if merely due to the fact that his series has become quite the cash cow), but it seems to me as though he's become rather bored of his opus, is more enamored with his newfound level of fame, or that he has a serious case of writer's block.

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    Mmmm I don't know. I know a lot of creative types, several of whom have gotten bored with a given project and didn't bother to finish. Even after sinking a lot of time and energy into it...

I am sure GRRM will finish (even if merely due to the fact that his series has become quite the cash cow), but it seems to me as though he's become rather bored of his opus, is more enamored with his newfound level of fame, or that he has a serious case of writer's block.
    Your memory is a bit skewed. Given the relative growth in size of each book, the time-per-page between works has been remarkably consistent from beginning to end. He always was slow.

That being said, even if it happens, who could blame him? But you're a bit off topic. We weren't talking about whether or not he would finish. We were responding to those who thought he was going to sell out and / or try to create a "crowd pleasing" ending. If people think that's what he's after, they haven't been paying attention.

Of course he enjoys his fame. He likes people and is less introverted than the typical author. It's remarkable that he's not adjusted his pace all that much, considering the way aSoIaF blew up.
    Last edited by Sooba; 2017-01-12 at 03:50 PM.

At this point I fear he'll die before the end. By then we'll have had people following the series for 30 years.

Come now, it's only been 20 years since I read the first book.

Surely the last book has to come out in the next 10 years.......right?

right?

To be honest, I'm getting so sick of the delays, I'm starting to lose interest.

He needs an editor who is not a fanboy/girl.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

I wonder who will write the last two novels when GRRM passes away. Do you think his editor already has someone lined up?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slacker76 View Post
    Well now that the Giants are officially out of the playoffs, and the Golden Globe after parties are done... The Mountain that Writes Edits Anthologies deigns to maybe finish the book this year.
    LOL so true.