Page 38 of 44 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Daelak View Post
    There is no relevant points, you are just jabbering and making unsubstantiated accusations at the "media", as it's some type of amorphous entity.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/12/07/wo...enle.html?_r=0

Just because you think they are "inferior" to us, again a laughably ignorant statement, doesn't mean their role in assisting our interests in the region should be ignored . Diplomatic solutions require far more expertise and willingness to see in the long term than just threatening military force.
    I didn't say the Chinese people were inferior to us. I said their economy and military are inferior to ours, a fact disputed by no one.

Just because you didn't like what I said, didn't mean it wasn't relevant. However, you are entitled to your opinion, even if you offer no rebuttal to mine. The only thing you refuted, is something I never even said. GG

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tijuana View Post
    I didn't say the Chinese people were inferior to us. I said their economy and military are inferior to ours, a fact disputed by no one.

Just because you didn't like what I said, didn't mean it wasn't relevant. However, you are entitled to your opinion, even if you offer no rebuttal to mine. The only thing you refuted, is something I never even said. GG
    Just because they are economically and militarily inferior to us, doesn't mean it would cause a massive effect if we cut them off or they cut us off. And besides, all 3 of your "media headlines" are not mutually exclusive. Trump is a bumbling moron who is ignorantly messing with china and trying to undermine Obama's legacy. In fact, his candidacy was based on 2 of those 3 things, and everyone knows the third.
    Last edited by Noxx79; 2016-12-07 at 04:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Noxx79 View Post
    Just because they are economically and militarily inferior to us, doesn't mean it would cause a massive effect if we cut them off or they cut us off. And besides, all 3 of your "media headlines" are not mutually exclusive. Trump is a bumbling moron who is ignorantly messing with china and trying to undermine Obama's legacy. In fact, his candidacy was based on 2 of those 3 things, and everyone knows the third.
    What you, and Mr. Obama fail to understand, is that if our relationship with China ends, they suffer far more than we do. Ergo, we should not submit to their demands; quite the contrary.

Just because Trump has a policy that contradicts Obama's, doesn't mean he is a "bumbling moron". He may be a moron, but the standard for that is not disagreement with one of the lease effective presidents in history.

7+ Year Old Account
    What you, and Mr. Obama fail to understand, is that if our relationship with China ends, they suffer far more than we do. Ergo, we should not submit to their demands; quite the contrary.

Just because Trump has a policy that contradicts Obama's, doesn't mean he is a "bumbling moron". He may be a moron, but the standard for that is not disagreement with one of the lease effective presidents in history.
    Trump is a bumbling moron. I never said that had anything to do with Obama. It has to do with the fact that continuously spouts lies, has no idea what he's talking about, doesn't understand foreign policy (unless you agree with him that we LOVE Pakistan).

And just because you say that we won't be as effected by China as them, doesn't mean that it won't have a huge negative effect on us. Unless you like job losses and price increases.

Just because something hurts them more, doesn't mean that something won't hurt us tremendously.

Quote Originally Posted by Noxx79 View Post
    Trump is a bumbling moron. I never said that had anything to do with Obama. It has to do with the fact that continuously spouts lies, has no idea what he's talking about, doesn't understand foreign policy (unless you agree with him that we LOVE Pakistan).

And just because you say that we won't be as effected by China as them, doesn't mean that it won't have a huge negative effect on us. Unless you like job losses and price increases.

Just because something hurts them more, doesn't mean that something won't hurt us tremendously.
    We are the landlord of the greatest mall in the world. If China wants to close their boutique, another nation will lease it.

We are the landlord of the greatest mall in the world. If China wants to close their boutique, another nation will lease it.
    you're arguing with somebody that works off "feelings" instead of logic. you not going to convince them of anything. give it an hour or two, maybe they "feel" different.

Quote Originally Posted by oxymoronic View Post
    you're arguing with somebody that works off "feelings" instead of logic. you not going to convince them of anything. give it an hour or two, maybe they "feel" different.
    I expect 4 years of this. Trump plays the media like a fiddle. There is a lot to hate about Trump but, he has the media completely dancing to his drum. They basically elected him. They will spend 4 years over reacting to things he does, that he knows later info will come out to make them look silly. No matter how many times they perform in the play, they still fail to see the script for what it is.

I expect 4 years of this. Trump plays the media like a fiddle. There is a lot to hate about Trump but, he has the media completely dancing to his drum. They basically elected him. They will spend 4 years over reacting to things he does, that he knows later info will come out to make them look silly. No matter how many times they perform in the play, they still fail to see the script for what it is.
    Or, possibly, he has a Clouseau-like ability to do incredibly stupid things that work out for him anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by LaserSharkDFB View Post
    Or, possibly, he has a Clouseau-like ability to do incredibly stupid things that work out for him anyway.
    Sure, that could be it. Pure dumb luck.

What I love, is how liberals say he will be ineffective because he knows nothing of politics, only business. Then, political pundits start talking about how business works and no irony is noticed.

15+ Year Old Account

None of that precludes them from being one of the most integral partners in Asia that we would be completely foolhardy to lose because of an incompetent Trump Administration.
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    There is a problem, but I know just banning guns will fix the problem.

10+ Year Old Account
    This story has been great to watch in the media.

The first day, Trump was a bumbling moron in their view, who was unaware of the one china policy.

The next day, the issue became he is playing "dangerous games" with China.

The next day, it was "Who is he to undermine Obama before he takes office?"

I wonder how many days until the media can figure out that China is economically and militarily inferior to us, and the relationship has been exactly backwards for far too long. Probably never.

The least surprised entity in this news story is China. Surely they watched the election that the media didn't, and they were aware of how Trump felt about our relationship.
    The problem with your rhetoric, is that in order for us to thrust our might against China to show we are stronger, we would segnificantly need to change our living conditions. The majority of product that middle class depends on, is made in China not due to laxes tariffs, but as Trump said during the debates, it's due to Americans getting paid too much.

If we want to compete with China on manufacturing, their government provides everything from healthcare to higher education. In US, that comes out of our pockets directly. China's revenue also doesn't depend pretty much solely on tax payers, as it does in US. Due to capitalism, the land leases go to private enterprise and then are taxed in the form of property tax. China has the whole sum go to their government.

US can compete with China, but it would mean US living standards shifting to those of China. Where we are no longer a power house due to being the largest consumer, but are racing for manufacturing jobs with China and India, while automation is waiting at the finish line.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by oxymoronic View Post
    Tijuana's agreeing with Trump, not arguing with him.

- - - Updated - - -

So another nation leases it. If they do the same thing as China, then we'll be in the same situation as we were before. Jobs going out of the country, say India.

OR we don't allow a "tenant" or increase the "rent" so to speak by adding a 35% jump in the lease.
    So either
    A)Nobody joins and you lose ALL the revenue
    B)Prices go up and you sell less items, leading to job losses.
    C)Everything is exactly the same, just with a different tenant.

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    US can compete with China, but it would mean US living standards shifting to those of China. Where we are no longer a power house due to being the largest consumer, but are racing for manufacturing jobs with China and India, while automation is waiting at the finish line.
    This really demonstrates why conservatism and its backward looking attitude will always fail in the long run - the right is always pushing yesterday's solutions to yesterday's problems instead of doing the smart thing and trying to get out in front of future problems before they become too big to cope with. America's future is not in coal mines and steel mills, and trying to make some kind of legacy server country to satisfy the whims of a few overly nostalgic idiots isn't going to work.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Macaquerie View Post
    This really demonstrates why conservatism and its backward looking attitude will always fail in the long run - the right is always pushing yesterday's solutions to yesterday's problems instead of doing the smart thing and trying to get out in front of future problems before they become too big to cope with. America's future is not in coal mines and steel mills, and trying to make some kind of legacy server country to satisfy the whims of a few overly nostalgic idiots isn't going to work.
    My position is conservative, it's just not isolationist or corporatist.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

I'm a Democrat but I've gotta admit it's now Trump 2, Dems 0

What academics and my party don’t understand is that he’s not interested in starting a war. He simply recognizes that we’re already in one. And he’s giving voice to its long-suffering victims: millions of voters in places like North Carolina, Ohio, and Michigan.

-snip-

Last summer, however, academics released a study that took 38 pages to acknowledge the obvious: they were wrong. It turns out that our political class had sold off the American dream to the Chinese and given blue-collar workers – and their communities – an economic nightmare in its place.

But it gets worse. That’s because China hasn’t been content to just take American jobs through unfair competition. They’re stealing them via cyber-warfare too.

Consider the case of U.S. Steel. In 2011, the Chinese government hacked its way into U.S. Steel’s computer systems and stole trade secrets. They passed the information to an assortment of Chinese steel companies, allowing these competitors to produce advanced steel products. As a consequence, we lost market share, and jobs.

None of that precludes them from being one of the most integral partners in Asia that we would be completely foolhardy to lose because of an incompetent Trump Administration.
    Fuck China.

Just because you think they are "inferior" to us, again a laughably ignorant statement,
    They are inferior to us. and if you knew anything about the actual situation this wouldn't even be an issue.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aurinaux View Post
    Larger markets are always better.
    Yup. Apple sells more iPhones in China than US.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

Quote Originally Posted by Aurinaux View Post
    Larger markets are always better.
    Thats debatable for how long that can remain the case. Even hollywood is making a push for China. Because their market can only get bigger, ours not so much.

Wow, nation bash much?
    If you don't like it, stop confirming it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.