Page 7 of 25 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Yeah, if you don't have earlobes, they can't get ripped off and cause pain. They can't get infected due to bad piercings either.
    And the only downside is you look like a weirdo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    Circumcision doesn't cause any permanent harm either and it gets rid of diseases.
    I already posted a bunch of sources proving that wrong.

- - - Updated - - -

We would get used too it if everybody did it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    Those are just opinions, an opinion you'll probably won't find much outside the US.

But looks should be no argument in these kind of decisions.
    I believe they should.

If you make someone ugly, that's a real downside and that you might wanna think twice about preventive medical treatments.

10+ Year Old Account
    With circumcision there aren't any, it actually makes the penis look better if you ask me (and women).
    The looking better claim is pretty much an American/Jewish/Muslim thing and is down to cultural norms, you get the opposite reaction in places that don't have routine circumcision.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    I thought it was generally considered to be beneficial to health? If that's the case, wouldn't it be better getting that out of the way prior to being aware of it? Not sure this falls under "mutilation".
    No, that's in the US, in most of the rest of the western world its considered child abuse and aged religious behaviour.

There are a few medical conditions that call for this, the most common being a foreskin that is to small for the penis so erection becomes painfull since the skin wont pull back properly, in this situation its beneficial to perform a circumcision.

All other health benefits are mostly gained in countries with poor hygene and STD prevention methods.

I find it hilarious that there is such a strong defense from the americans about this middle eastern practice as it's from judaism and muslim cultures.

There are no REAL medical benefits for a healthy male to do this. Also to the people who preach that the sensitivity doesnt get lowered, bullshit. It creates scar tissue and rough skin on the penis, both of these cause lessening of the nerves etc... CBA with english so sorry for the language, I'm sure my point comes across.

I know in the US not being circumcised is seen as wierd and in many cases "ugly", guess what? The exact opposite is true most everywhere else given that barely anyone outside the US and muslim communities does it these days.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hey, if its done enough time, it'll become normalized just like circucision.

Chop your kid's earlobes, the medical benefits are clearly there. Start a trend.

10+ Year Old Account
    I believe they should.

If you make someone ugly, that's a real downside and that you might wanna think twice about preventive medical treatments.
    So its okay to ban circumcision if people don't like the looks? Because the US seems to be the only western country where Woman acteally prefer it.

Quote Originally Posted by hypermode View Post
    This is simply wrong: chance of HiV infections go down significantly in circumcised people.
    How about you use a condom? they are cheap have a more significant odds of preventing HIV and a number of STDs and more importantly YOU DON'T HAVE TO CHOP OFF YOUR PENIS TO USE THEM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    The looking better claim is pretty much an American/Jewish/Muslim thing and is down to cultural norms, you get the opposite reaction in places that don't have routine circumcision.
    Well then, I suggest Europe does its thing and we do ours.

The medical benefits being what they are and the downsides to us being non existent, we'll happily continue.

But I won't approve of what they do in Denmark anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by VileGenesis View Post

I find it hilarious that there is such a strong defense from the americans about this middle eastern practice as it's from judaism and muslim cultures.
    "Fuck muslim culture!!!!!.... ....but keep the circumcision part, we like that!"

Quote Originally Posted by Dracos854 View Post
    There are no proven medical or hygienic benefits to circumcision.
    I don't have the evidence to hand as it was a long, long time ago I found out, I wouldn't call it medical or hygienic benefit, but I think its Jewish circumcisions happen at 8 days old, they've been doing it at that point right to the roots of their religion. It's been shown 8 days is actually the best point for a circumcision to be done, I can't remember exactly what its to do with, but thats pretty dammed cool.

Anyways I'm on the fence about this, I would of hated to be circumcised when I was a baby. And I'm totally all for it being down to the individual when they get to the right age. But this isn't a clear cut issue, you can't flip a switch and say right! No more from today onwards! and expect no more to happen. It will still happen and as regulation / control got stricter and stricter, practitioners arrested or massively fined to motivate them to stop, you'd just be forcing the parents (Im talking orthodox here btw) to take more and more extreme actions, from a father doing it himself with no training or some dodgy bloke in a basement. And if a set of parents are caught out doing it, are the kids taken away to care. Would the parents truly deserve that? Would the children deserve to be taken away from a loving family thats physically capable of looking and loving that child?

As I said its not a clear cut issue which you can sort out in a blink of an eye. It could cause bigger and worse issues.

15+ Year Old Account
    People will always defend their way of life. No matter how barbaric or bizarre it may seem to reasonably enlightened people.
    Si vis pacem, para bellum.

10+ Year Old Account

The medical benefits being what they are and the downsides to us being non existent, we'll happily continue.

Won't stop us from laughing at the US for it, though.

The country of the Orange monkey, circumcision, Gitmo and god knows what else.

Deleted
    American doctors used to say that alcohol, tobacco and sugar were good for you

Doctors can be biased, they're just human and the USA sees circumcision as culturally normal, just like some places in Africa view female circumcision as completely culturally normal

Circumcision as a widespread practice in the USA was the result of trying to reduce the immorality of masturbation, the medical "benefits" were added on

As the Danish doctors point out, the medical benefits only exist in specific cases and there are also risks including infection, loss of sensation and worse; overall from a medical perspective, it's a net negative
    Last edited by mmoca8403991fd; 2016-12-07 at 05:20 PM.

Deleted
    Won't stop us from laughing at the US for it, though.

The country of the Orange monkey, circumcision, Gitmo and god knows what else.
    We're too busy being proud of our country to care wether someone in Europe claims to laugh at us.

True story, bro.

Or is it comrade?

10+ Year Old Account

Again the medical benefits argument is not valid, it isn't done in the US due to medical benefits, it is a cultural practice.

There are some awful cultural practices around the world, we are free to criticise them...unless they are about Islam, then the thread gets closed.

10+ Year Old Account
    We're too busy being proud of our country to care wether someone in Europe claims to laugh at us.

True story, bro.

Or is it comrade?
    Well, if being proud somehow benefits you guys, go ahead!

Well, if being proud somehow benefits you guys, go ahead!
    Proud about all the beautiful penises he has seen as a non gay.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Butthurt Beluga View Post
    It's funny 'cause it's true.
    Funnily enough, this thread is mainly about Islam and Judaism, because it centres on Denmark and the issue there is an alien cultural norm going against mainstream Danish culture, but the mods and some American posters haven't realised it yet.

Deleted

True story, bro.

Or is it comrade?
    Being proud of it just makes you all look even more stupid...