Page 25 of 26 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fiend View Post
    I'd just it more to the fact that "Alt-Right" is a term used as am umbrella for everyone who generally dislikes the Nanny-state progressives.
    Im a progressive who objects to the nanny state. End corporate welfare, arrest the bankers who commited fraud, tax land and capital gains.

And this bit bout blanket terms is rich. Everyone with any remote concern for others is a sjw or pc cuck to the alt right.
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    Im a progressive who objects to the nanny state. End corporate welfare, arrest the bankers who commited fraud, tax land and capital gains.

And this bit bout blanket terms is rich. Everyone with any remote concern for others is a sjw or pc cuck to the alt right.
    And everyone who is against the Progressives is "Alt-Right"... See how that works.

10+ Year Old Account
    And everyone who is against the Progressives is "Alt-Right"... See how that works.
    Thats why the complaint is rich. If members of the right fear being labeld as alt right then they really ought to get their house in order.

I happen to think social, political and economic justice are worthwhile goals to pursue and dont care that those goals.have become snarl words.
    The hammer comes down:
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    Thats why the complaint is rich. If members of the right fear being labeld as alt right then they really ought to get their house in order.

I happen to think social, political and economic justice are worthwhile goals to pursue and dont care that those goals.have become snarl words.
    "Social Justice" is a Misnomer used by people who want to police society. Look at all the great Social Justice acts we have now, Safespaces and trigger warnings.

It's all just there to browbeat people into a way of thinking.

Not really, no. The way I see it, you've got the moderate Republicans, then you've got the social conservatives, then you've got the Tea Party, and whatever is left over is pretty much the alt-right. These groups aren't necessarily mutually exclusive. But they all oppose progressives.

It's rather hard to pin down exactly what the fuck the alt-right believes, since it seems to be more of an umbrella term for all sorts of shit. What I do know is that it includes some of the most insufferable people on the right I've ever seen. Because, as Milo said, young rebels are attracted to it because it challenges social norms. And they tend to rattle off inane shit in a very arrogant manner without actually having a clue.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

Quote Originally Posted by wikinews View Post
    His fan base goes crazy with his videos on how he "destroys feminist" in an argument.

All he is doing is touring college campuses and debating uninformed people in the crowd.

It's really simple to win debates when your job revolves around using statistics that favor your side. The average college kid isn't going to be stockpiling statistics on the topics that Milo discusses.
    Which is exactly why he should do it. These kids have to know that they are being used, and if a little bit of reality bites them in the ass in the form of Milo, then I applaud.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    So in your view it's actually just not possible that people really care about ongoing inequality?
    When you "Care" about the ongoing inequality by causing riots, staging protests that help nobody and in general just form circles to pat each other on the back, sure.

Claiming "The Patriarchy is an evil white man system there to keep minorities and women down" while White Working class people are STILL being treated just as badly as ever is the height of contradictory shit.

Most "Social Justice" folk are people from the rich or middle class, trying to pawn off any guilt they have for their riches on pyramid schemes and petty politics.

If #Blacklivesmatter cared about Black Lives, REAL Black Lives, they'd be out in the Ghettos, funding schools and opening programs to stop violence and crime, not trying to make White people feel more guilty for things not in their control.

Deleted
    I mean, it seems to me like everything you're asking for basically amounts to demanding people be quiet and stop rocking the boat. Yet, we know when that happens change tends to not occur, so in essence what you ask of them is to just shut up and deal with it in perpetuity. Does that seem constructive or fair?
    Pretty sure this is off topic, but deserves a rant anyway.

I want these liberal arts majors and these social studies dropouts to shut the fuck up about non-issues like Gender or Fat Shaming and to tackle REAL social issues. Black people die to gang violence, entire families are plunged into Ghettos and never have chances to get out and people like Black Lives matter don't give a rat's ass, they go after a statistically small part of Black deaths and blame the white people on it.

I have done my little bit of community work, I worked with a handicapped office that worked to give disabled people jobs so they can FEEL like productive members of society despite how heavily addled the poor sods were. Where are the Social Justice Warriors there? Nowhere. Because there is no glory in getting your hands dirty in actual work. Instead they make Committees and "Communities" where they just pat each other on the back for raising "Awareness".

Take the gloriously Feminist Emma Watson's "HeforShe" movement on how vapid and hollow this entire progressive movement is.

I want to end racism, I want a world where people are colourblind and cultures are not hating on creed, Gender or Sexuality. We don't get that by going backwards, thought policing what people say and segregation. So no Nixx, I don't intend for people to be quiet and stop rocking the boat, I intend for these people to stop rocking the boat and start paddling so we can all progress together.

So in your view it's actually just not possible that people really care about ongoing inequality?
    Oh do tell me of this ongoing inequality that hasn't already been discredited, aka the wage gap.

And not some fallacious bullshit such as, "Muh movies aren't exclusively minorities/female."

So if people don't talk about things you think are real problems, they should just shut up? I mean, you don't strike me as a particularly educated or worldly individual, so I guess my question is why do you think you should be in a position that can be roughly summarized as the sole arbiter of import? A lot of what you're describing isn't reality, but pulled straight from the nightmares of the self-styled "anti-PC" crowd. Poverty and gang violence are certainly real issues, but so are gender and fat shaming. There is room at the table for everyone and just as trying to solve world hunger doesn't require us to stop searching for a cure to cancer, neither does trying to discuss how people interact with others due to a variety of dimensions require people stop working on more traditional social concerns. A lot of the people who get screamed at for being oh so awful "SJWs" are in college or, in some cases, are literally still children, and I think it's a bit silly to crucify them for not being the most articulate speakers or having the most well thought out ideas, the fact that they give enough of a shit to take any action at all be damned. It's up to each individual to figure out what they care about and how to address it and I don't really think there's any real value to trying to play tone police or otherwise shut down the conversation. Doing so is what led to these more aggressive forms of advocacy in the first place.

- - - Updated - - -

White people still exist. Duh.
    Yeah, I suppose we should just kill ourselves like Black Lives Matter wants.

Quote Originally Posted by Forsworn Knight View Post
    Yeah, I suppose we should just kill ourselves like Black Lives Matter wants.
    It's for the best. Simply existing perpetuates those inequalities no one can ever name.

10+ Year Old Account
    I mean, it seems to me like everything you're asking for basically amounts to demanding people be quiet and stop rocking the boat. Yet, we know when that happens change tends to not occur, so in essence what you ask of them is to just shut up and deal with it in perpetuity. Does that seem constructive or fair?
    Ironically hes asking for a police state.
    The hammer comes down:

Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    It's for the best. Simply existing perpetuates those inequalities no one can ever name.
    All right, I'm going to stab myself with one of my swords. Oh wait, would that be appropriating the Japanese?

Yes. Please picture to use a culturally appropriate and sensitive suicide technique.
    I guess the revolver is fine to use, right?

All right, I'm going to stab myself with one of my swords. Oh wait, would that be appropriating the Japanese?
    Why don't you have european swords? What do you have against white people?!

Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    Why don't you have european swords? What do you have against white people?!
    I do have European swords, but Europeans don't have a custom of stabbing themselves to achieve honorable deaths.

AW SHIT. I didn't mean to imply that Japanese are suicidal or anything.

I'm committing so many racist, and sexist for some reason, sins!

That depends. Are you American?
    I'm Canadian, does America's hat count? If not...then I'm a sinner beyond belief, and only one option remains.

Time to hire a cavalry line of mounties to trample me to death.

No, get out. Drown yourself in maple syrup or lose a drunken brawl with a beaver or something.
    I'll have beavers chomp a tree positioned to fall on me.

I'll have beavers chomp a tree positioned to fall on me.
    The tree is on native american soil.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Assbandit View Post
    The entirety of my conservative family knows that I'm openly gay and I have a huge family if you combine both mum and dads side. This was a fairly recent occurrence though, but I've been out to my immediate family since my teens.

Reaction was pretty much similar to what you would expect from any religious family. Everything except for anger they went through the other 4 stages of grief and it did suck, but I was fortunate to still have a loving family who tried to understand. I recall my elder brother calling me and telling me I'm perfect the way I am, and because of me he questioned his faith and came to terms with both. Mind you by "western" standards he looks and has even been called a terrorist (has a large beard and wears a skullcap), yet he's a highly successful cardio-thoracic surgeon near Chicago.

On the surface Islam shuns gay people (and embraces trans people and hermaphrodites weirdly enough). I've never been under the illusion that there are highly questionable things in the religion itself, but we can't discuss religion in detail here so I can tell you more in a private message. Suffice to say that in most Islamic countries I've been to, there has been an ever increasing underground gay scene where gay dating apps like Grindr are growing ever popular and sex is very easy to find.

Islam is modernizing as time goes no matter how much the naysayers want to paint it a different way.
    Thank you for the insider information.
    I am glad it worked out in the end with your family.

Islam embracing trans people seems peculiar at first, but I remember watching a docu some years ago where Muslim countries have many goverment-sponsored sex changes, because they'd rather have a man change into a woman than him being gay ( as weird as this sounds).

The underground scene also doesnt suprise me one bit.

I am not sure if Islam will modernize naturally tbh. European muslims tend to form a microcosmos, places with high amount of muslim infrastructure and population, where they do not even have to know the native language of the country they are in the least. Modernizing out of necessity seems out of the question.
    Another thing are the islamic fundamentalists, who need to be stripped from power and influence so the religion can truly be compatible with western culture.