Page 9 of 25 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    No US source is going to be reliable on this topic because its heavily ingrained into the culture.
    "Even though you linked me a credible and reputable source just like I asked you to, I'm still gonna ignore it and claim it as bias because it's not from MY country and therefore isn't really useable here, because reasons."

Ahhhh, the ignorance of some people knows no bounds.

Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    Hygiene: the article outright says hygiene is easy with foreskin anyway. Removing your lips would make it easier to clear your gums too, but isn't exactly necessary because that is already sufficiently easy.

HIV: Wikipedia article outright says it's applicable to high-risks populations, the specific context behind the studies on that being Africa; also, less cost-effective than condoms, doesn't replace condoms anyway. And WHO says it should be performed under informed consent only to blabber that it should fall to parents in case of children, effectively removing the informed consent of the person that actually matters here (and is a case of WHO being sexist hypocrites because they are for banning any and all forms of FGM, including type Ia even though it has no negative effects easier and is less significant of a procedure).

HPV: Merely an association.

Other infections: conflicting data.

Foreskin conditions: who would have guessed, removing parts of the body removes the risk of conditions applicable to said part of the body.

UTI: mostly applicable to people with anatomical defects of the penis and/or other parts of the urinary system. It also says it does not warrant routine circumcision.

Cancer: related to HPV and foreskin conditions creating a heightened risk of cancer and not to foreskins themselves, so see above.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by Zephyr Storm View Post
    "Even though you linked me a credible and reputable source just like I asked you to, I'm still gonna ignore it and claim it as bias because it's not from MY country and therefore isn't really useable here, because reasons."

Ahhhh, the ignorance of some people knows no bounds.
    Or the US is just biased, you can just look at research done in all other countries on this, which proves the American studies to be wrong.

Sexual effects

The highest quality evidence indicates that circumcision does not decrease the sensitivity of the penis, harm sexual function or reduce sexual satisfaction.[20][69][70] A 2013 systematic review found that circumcision did not appear to adversely affect sexual desire, pain with intercourse, premature ejaculation, time until ejaculation, erectile dysfunction or difficulties with orgasm. However, the study found that the existing evidence is not very good.[71] Another 2013 systematic review found that the highest-quality studies reported no adverse effects of circumcision on sexual function, sensitivity, sensation or satisfaction.[21]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Circumcision#Effects

Your rumors are easily proven wrong by actual studies.

How does a keratinized gland head not decrease sensitivity?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fiend View Post
    If it's done for the perfectly sane reason of being a complete dumbass, fine. But "For cultural reasons" is always a code-word for Brainwashing, and people should be laughed at and ridiculed for following stone age beliefs.
    I have no issue with a man making that choice for himself though, however 'for himself' is the important part, a baby is not making any choice for himself.

I have a tattoo, my body, my choice. I don't have any piercings, my body, my choice. If someone wants their foreskin removed, their body, their choice and if they do it for religious reasons, or just because they felt like it, then I am fine with that, but they need to choose.

Deleted
    I don't think things like that should be done (if not medically necessary) without the boy's consent, once he is old enough. He can always get it done later on if he chooses to; but once done it can't be undone - so parents should not get to make that decision for the child based on some arbitrary tradition.

Quote Originally Posted by tehealadin View Post
    Wha?

How is banning forced genital mutilation akin to forcing boys to play with Barbie?
    I just find it ironic that people say circumcision is multilation..... when the end result looks better than the uncircumcised penis. Uncircumcised penis looks like some mutated worm thing...

7+ Year Old Account
    Good. More countries should follow suit. It's a barbaric practice.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    when the end result looks better than the uncircumcised penis.
    That's an opinion, not an objective fact, though. Other people might disagree with you there. Every boy/men should be able to make that decision for himself.

7+ Year Old Account
    I just find it ironic that people say circumcision is multilation..... when the end result looks better than the uncircumcised penis. Uncircumcised penis looks like some mutated worm thing...
    Circumcised dicks look awful. Just FYI.

Quote Originally Posted by Xarim View Post
    http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...-a7459291.html

Doctors in Denmark want to stop circumcision for under-18s

Boys should not be circumcised until they are old enough to choose for themselves, doctors in Denmark have said.

The Danish Medical Association said it had considered suggesting a legal ban on the procedure for children under the age of 18, because it believed circumcision should be “an informed, personal choice” that young men make for themselves.

When parents have their sons circumcised, it robs boys of the ability to make decisions about their own bodies, and choose their cultural and religious beliefs for themselves, the organisation said.

Lise Møller, chair of the Doctors' Association Ethics Board, said it was wrong to deny an individual the right to choose whether or not they wanted to be circumcised.

“To be circumcised should be an informed, personal choice," she said.

"It is most consistent with the individual’s right to self-determination that parents not be allowed to make this decision, but that it is left up to the individual when he has come of age."

The organisation said that because male circumcision is not without risk it should only be performed on children when there is a documented medical need.

The doctors stopped short of calling for an all-out legal ban on the procedure, which is currently allowed but remains relatively rare in Denmark, because it said the move could have too many negative consequences.

“We have discussed it thoroughly, also in our ethics committee," Ms Møller said. "We came to the conclusion that it is difficult to predict the consequences of a ban – both for the involved boys, who could for example face bullying or unauthorised procedures with complications – and for the cultural and religious groups they belong to."

The Danish Health and Medicines Authority estimates that somewhere between 1,000 and 2,000 circumcisions are performed in Denmark each year, primarily on Jewish and Muslim boys.

The majority of those procedures occur outside of the public health system and are done as part of a religious ceremony in the child's home, or in a private clinic.

The Danish Health Ministry announced on Monday that beginning in 2017 all circumcisions, regardless of where they take place, will have to be reported to Denmark's national patient registry.

According to a major 2007 study by the World Health Organization, roughly 30 per cent of the global male population is circumcised.

Past polls have shown that upwards of 87 per cent of Danes support banning the practice on boys under the age of 18, the Local reported.
    So they are banning Jews and Muslims? Neat.

10+ Year Old Account
    That is a cultural thing, it isn't a Western culture thing, it is relatively recent in America and traditional in Judaism and Islam.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    Or the US is just biased, you can just look at research done in all other countries on this, which proves the American studies to be wrong.
    Sorry, but disagreeing with a reputable source like one of the best healthcare/research institutions in the world simply because you feel it's biased does not make you right and the proof wrong.

I was also trying to point out how he had asked for proof, was provided said proof, and then completely dismissed that proof outright because of a personal opinion of his (claiming bias) and nothing more. That's ignorance in one of its purest forms to say the least.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zephyr Storm View Post
    Sorry, but disagreeing with a reputable source like one of the best healthcare/research institutions in the world simply because you feel it's biased does not make you right and the proof wrong.

I was also trying to point out how he had asked for proof, was provided said proof, and then completely dismissed that proof outright because of a personal opinion of his and nothing more. That's ignorance in one of its purest forms to say the least.
    We don't remove other parts of the body just in case, they get removed if and when they cause problems if it can't be fixed with medicine. No reason to do so with the foreskin just to prevent possible problems in the future.

Doesn't matter if it's rare, circumcision has well understood positive effects and no downsides.

Literally the only people who are against circumcision are the ones stuck with ugly penises most women won't even look at and who don't want to undergo surgery now that they're adults. I implore you to think about your health and get over your insecurities.
    And even including African countries and faith-related circumcision, you and US are still in global minority. And, imagine that, women in the majority of the world that does not practice circumcision, prefer uncircumcised penises. And foreskin is important for lubrication during sex, removing it removes that effect. And the health effects are minuscule even in risk populations, which Europe is not.
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Circumcision is mostly unheard of around here, so it seems more like a formal law. Nothing noteworthy really.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    Calling you rigth-wing is not an ad hominem, sorry. I insulted/critized American culture, not your person.
    Sadly, many Americans don't realize that democrats are right-wing only by US' stinted scale.

Trick is to have such a big dick when it's up it looks circumcised even though it isn't :^)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Deleted
    That just means I can quote Dune in the bedroom, you need to quote the smurfs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tijuana View Post
    So they are banning Jews and Muslims? Neat.
    Denmark's most famous products are Lego and bacon. Jews and Muslims are bad for their economy.