Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    "I told you @Time Magazine would never pick me as person of the year despite being the big favorite They picked person who is ruining Germany"
    Is he talking about Merkel or Hitler? With Trump he could be talking about both.

Person of the year is not something you deserve by doing things.
    Stalin won it twice, just as Bush. Frikking Hitler was person of the year in 1938.
    Even I was person of the year in 2006.
    at the time, what stalin and hitler achieved was miracles that saved their people from poverty.

discard their future actions, but at the time of the award what they both accomplished was the noblest in history

Quote Originally Posted by NYC17 View Post
    1Winning an election and governing are two vastly different things. Trump's about to find that out, and 2apparently so are you.
    1. No shit Sherlock
    2. What implied I didn't?
    3. We're over here talking about puppies and you're shouting kittens.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Concequence View Post
    Just going to leave this here Adolf Hitler: Man of the Year, 1938
    Obama was man of the year in 2008, this must mean Obama is also just like Hitler.

Deleted
    How do they decide this? Who are the qualified people to decide the person of the year?

Quote Originally Posted by MissMin View Post
    How do they decide this? Who are the qualified people to decide the person of the year?
    It's Time's Person of the year, not just person of the year.

If it really bothers you, you should bitch about Dwayne Johnson winning sexiest man alive, that's just bullshit, Steve Buscemi got robbed!

Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    Obama was man of the year in 2008, this must mean Obama is also just like Hitler.
    It means the "title" doesn't mean shit.

Deleted
    I'm sure the folks in the mid of America who voted for him are now nonstop winning. When they hammer a nail into the wall they won - thanks to Trump! Very tough and very smart. It's great.

Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    It means the "title" doesn't mean shit.
    I think it just means a person who has done a lot to change the world, for better or for worse.

10+ Year Old Account
    Obvious is obvious... too late for... In before 'another thing he has in common with Hitler'...?
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by MissMin View Post
    It's largely based on who we have been talking about the most, or getting the most press, etc.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Obvious is obvious... too late for... In before 'another thing he has in common with Hitler'...?
    Yeah, there are about 3 on each page.

I think it just means a person who has done a lot to change the world, for better or for worse.
    Exactly, so it doesn't mean anything. Ghengis Khan is said to be one of the most influential people ever, notice how it doesn't say anything about good influence.

1. No shit Sherlock
    2. What implied I didn't?
    3. We're over here talking about puppies and you're shouting kittens.

- - - Updated - - -

The point is that you sarcastically(poorly executed) declaring it "different" because Trump "won" is shortsighted. The fact that they have different personalities and methods does not mean that ultimately Trump has changed the game, as you claimed earlier.

3.) It's good to see your inability to think beyond whatever reactionary feelings a comment stirs within you hasn't impacted your decision to hilariously wade into each discussion with your customary obliviousness.

Exactly, so it doesn't mean anything. Ghengis Khan is said to be one of the most influential people ever, notice how it doesn't say anything about good influence.
    Well it means that person changed the world, and that is something.

Yeah, I can't see giving it to anyone else, Trump's win was amazing, for better or worse.

It certainly caught me by surprise.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Well it means that person changed the world, and that is something.
    It is something but kind of pointless for a discussion.

He changed the world for the worst! Hooray! Ain't that an interesting conversation...

Where's Putin's "award" for annexing Krimea?

Quote Originally Posted by NYC17 View Post
    The point is that you sarcastically(poorly executed) declaring it "different" because Trump "won" is shortsighted. The fact that they have different personalities and methods does not mean that ultimately Trump has changed the game, as you claimed earlier.

He did change the game, go google it, you will fine articles written on it from left and right news sources. If you don't believe it, I really don't care and there is nothing more to be said about, unless you find a Presidential Candidate who won in a similar fashion.

This isn't a pro or negative Trump argument, this is just what is.

- - - Updated - - -

Where's Putin's "award" for annexing Krimea?
    Maybe he was runner up

I'm not sure what you are on about here. Are you assuming freaking Time magazine is some kind of highly respected bastion of journalism? Nobody cares what they think, even if they were saying this award is for greatness, and not just amount of press.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post

Never, Ever, My President!
    I don't have to tell you how pathetic I find this statement, but I do thank you NeverTrumpers though. It is exactly this bratty, irrational and self-spiting attitude that ensures that your candidates will never ever win again as long as you keep it up.

Your candidates never winning again will ensure much fewer crooked corruption in the establishment as well as fewer global conflicts.
    Keep it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    Building the Obama coalition filled with people who had not voted before (especially the young). Utilizing new technology and a revolutionary campaign and message to defeat two entrenched establishment figures (Hillary Clinton then John McCain). His ultimately victory, it was, claimed, heralded a new enduring era of "change" (in the obama context, a liberal, post-racial society where "demographics was destiny") and a rejection of the elites that had failed the country.

Sound familiar? Change a couple of notes, it is the Trumpkins, 8 years before Trump.

Trump's election is horrifying. But he, like his predecessor will find it much harder to govern. And his supporters, much like his predecessor, will find their hopes and dreams dashed rather early. It was after all, about a year and a half before people started to say "What happened to the Change I voted for?"

Get ready for a repeat performance.
    You post reminds me that people were full of shit and didn't know their ass from a hole in the ground - and that hasn't changed.

Quote Originally Posted by Trump View Post
    You post reminds me that people were full of shit and didn't know their ass from a hole in the ground - and that hasn't changed.
    Is this what passes for intellectual debate?

His post was littered with more insults than compelling thought but, you only reduce your position when you lower to his standard.

Well he did kind of own 2016 in the states, I doubt any one was more talked about.
    READ and be less Ignorant.