Deleted
    So, what are the chances legacy servers will be mentioned at today's Q&A?

I think I have a better chance of dying from an asteroid strike which is 1 in 74,817,414.

Quote Originally Posted by creb99 View Post

I think I have a better chance of dying from an asteroid strike which is 1 in 74,817,414.
    Extremely doubtful. I would like them to just say yes or no personally.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jonssown View Post
    Absolutely, it's very unfortunate that the loud minority of both sides are at war. I still personally think World of Warcraft is a good game, it just doesn't target the same audience anymore.
    The problem is the person you quoted then proceeded to call the retail crowd "malcontents". Might as well have deleted the rest of that statement if the person in question was going to insult retail players yet call out people for doing it to the Legacy crowd.

Quote Originally Posted by creb99 View Post

0% like always.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Deleted
    See blizzard has become a multi-billion dollar company where money is no object, the original devs who originally created the masterpiece that is wow vanilla have long since left blizzard and nost of them are developing other games, blizzard has no heart or soul anymore, they have become another ea, driven by nothing but money. they know players are desperate for vanilla realms but remain silent on the subject, i hope one day they fid it within there very souls and hearts to after all of these years provide something very special to the veterans of the game and that is vanilla servers, after all, it was these veterans that kept wow going for all of these years and simply cant accept the fact that the game has changed too much it is no longer the same game, sure it has the graphics of the old game, but the core essence of the game is no longer there, and the only way to experience this is by playing on private servers provided by people who took the time and effort without earning a penny to provide them for us.

People keep saying its all about the costs involved to blizzard to make these classic realms, blizzard literally makes millions a day and if a group of random people can make a server that can succesfully hold thousands of players on 1 server then im almost certain blizzard can, they are just refusing to do it, so what if it only gains 500k players, these 500k players would be eternally greatful to blizzard if they provided them, but still they persist, still we wait for legacy and still we have been denied, i honestly think they they see vanilla realms as a threat to retail wows popularity and thats why they are refusing to release them.

Not only this but i am starting to see a lot of players who where originally against the idea of legacy join the cause, it is only a matter of time until blizzard have an ultimatium on this, lose half of the current playerbase, or keep it and gain millions more by releasing classic realms.
    Last edited by mmoca138a41cd8; 2016-12-07 at 06:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hav0kk View Post
    See blizzard has become a multi billion dollar company where money is no object, the orginal devs who originally created the masterpiece that is wow vanilla have long since left blizzard and nost of them are developing other games, blizzard has no heart or soul anymore, they know players are desperate for vanilla realms but remain silent on the subject, i hope one day they fid it within there very souls and hearts to after all of these years provide something very special to the veterans of the game and that is vanilla servers, after all, it was these veterans that kept wow going for all of these years and simply cant accept the fact that the game has changed too much it is no longer the same game, sure it has the graphics of the old game, but the core essence of the game is no longer there, and the only way to experience this is by playing on private servers provided by people who took the time and effort without earning a penny to provide them for us.
    This is the exact kind of posting I was talking about from the "vanilla crowd". This actually hurts the Legacy argument more than it helps when people push their opinion as "fact".
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2016-12-07 at 06:10 PM.

breaking news a company needs to make money to function.

Quote Originally Posted by High Marshal Sigismund View Post
    2.) I hope they are successful in shutting down Nostalrius 2.0 somehow. The river of tears that would follow would be an absolute feast.
    They won't be able. was out of their mind to put there server in France. It was not hard to see that their host would close everything the first legal letter they would receive. They were French after all, everyone know they wave the white flag at the first sign of conflict.

Right now, the river of tears from anti-legacy is indeed an absolute feast.
    Last edited by Saracens; 2016-12-07 at 06:57 PM.
    MMO-Champion, once the place to get WoW News, now the home of the haters and their clickbait and doomsaying threads

Quote Originally Posted by Shridevi View Post
    Nah, I don't believe you. There was a closed beta and two stress tests which lasted 1-2 weeks each. Actually, after the second stress test closed beta keys were selling for $100 on ebay, I know because I looked. In other words, there was no open beta. Additionally, it is extremely rare for someone to have played WoW since beta who also despises the idea of vanilla legacy servers.
    I'm pretty sure there was an open beta a week or two before the game released. I know that was the period I was playing in which made me decide to buy the game. It is hard to remember 12 years ago that exact but I'm fairly certain it was an open beta.

Either way I'm a beta/vanilla player who despises the idea of Legacy servers but I'm sure you don't care about that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zequill View Post
    They won't be able. Nost 1.0 was out of their mind to put there server in France. It was not hard to see that their host would close everything the first legal letter they would receive. They were French after all, everyone know they wave the white flag at the first sign of conflict.

Right now, the river of tears from anti-legacy is indeed an absolute feast.
    Didn't You eard The news???? They are still hosting in France

Quote Originally Posted by Merillo View Post
    Didn't You eard The news???? They are still hosting in France
    Eh, no. Russia my friend. Where they heat their house with legal letter from the US.
    MMO-Champion, once the place to get WoW News, now the home of the haters and their clickbait and doomsaying threads

hate to get political but if Trump fixes things with Putin. Hiding in russia may no longer work.

Deleted
    Eh, no. Russia my friend. Where they heat their house with legal letter from the US.
    I suggest You to watch The Last alexnsual vod my friend. Esactly at min 7. You want the baguette whit ham or froumage?
    Last edited by mmoc9979bd922c; 2016-12-07 at 07:02 PM.

As with every few pages of this thread, STOP with the bickering and the personal attacks. Discuss the topic of the thread, please. Thank you.
    Summon Apollo's fire, with hell and heaven's might. Then with great force attend, the falling of all men.
    Release this captured world, from point of no return. Destruction has no end, unless you ride again.

Quote Originally Posted by Merillo View Post
    I suggest You to watch The Last alexnsual vod my friend. Esactly at min 7. You want the baguette whit ham or froumage?
    If you did write like a normal person, it wouldn't had took me 5 min to find what video you are talking about. I have watch one video of that guy and he was just so wrong on every point he was giving, it was ridiculous. No way I'm going through a second one. If you want to believe some dude just because he think like you do go ahead, at least what you say fit with the way you are saying it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hav0kk View Post
    See blizzard has become a multi-billion dollar company where money is no object, the original devs who originally created the masterpiece that is wow vanilla have long since left blizzard and nost of them are developing other games, blizzard has no heart or soul anymore, they have become another ea, driven by nothing but money. they know players are desperate for vanilla realms but remain silent on the subject, i hope one day they fid it within there very souls and hearts to after all of these years provide something very special to the veterans of the game and that is vanilla servers, after all, it was these veterans that kept wow going for all of these years and simply cant accept the fact that the game has changed too much it is no longer the same game, sure it has the graphics of the old game, but the core essence of the game is no longer there, and the only way to experience this is by playing on private servers provided by people who took the time and effort without earning a penny to provide them for us.

People keep saying its all about the costs involved to blizzard to make these classic realms, blizzard literally makes millions a day and if a group of random people can make a server that can succesfully hold thousands of players on 1 server then im almost certain blizzard can, they are just refusing to do it, so what if it only gains 500k players, these 500k players would be eternally greatful to blizzard if they provided them, but still they persist, still we wait for legacy and still we have been denied, i honestly think they they see vanilla realms as a threat to retail wows popularity and thats why they are refusing to release them.

Not only this but i am starting to see a lot of players who where originally against the idea of legacy join the cause, it is only a matter of time until blizzard have an ultimatium on this, lose half of the current playerbase, or keep it and gain millions more by releasing classic realms.

if anything I expect blizzard to one day annc. 'legacy servers' but actually make Frankenstein servers. It will pretty much be everything that is on the top-10 dislike list about retail from legacy proponents included in a version with old maps and (linear, no-choice) questlines that are modeled on classic questlines. It will be accessible in a very modern sense and geared as much or more toward the playerbase that prefers retail vs. the folks that would prefer older versions of the game. Activision-Blizzard doesn't make unaccessible games, imho, and classic wow is definitely unaccessible by modern standards (no matter how accessible it was 11 years ago).

I am not kidding, unfortunately. I think the above scenario is much more likely than actual authentic legacy servers. I think that blizzard execs know that the demand is for older version of the game, not the old map/storyline grafted onto a modern engine and modern tuning. I just don't think it will be allowed to work out that way.
    Last edited by Deficineiron; 2016-12-07 at 08:01 PM.
    Authors I have enjoyed enough to mention here: JRR Tolkein, Poul Anderson,Jack Vance, Gene Wolfe, Glen Cook, Brian Stableford, MAR Barker, Larry Niven and Jerry Pournelle, WM Hodgson, Fredrick Brown, Robert SheckleyJohn Steakley, Joe Abercrombie, Robert Silverberg, the norse sagas, CJ Cherryh, PG Wodehouse, Clark Ashton Smith, Alastair Reynolds, Cordwainer Smith, LE Modesitt, L. Sprague de Camp & Fletcher Pratt, Stephen R Donaldon, and Jack L Chalker.

Deleted
    If you did write like a normal person, it wouldn't had took me 5 min to find what video you are talking about. I have watch one video of that guy and he was just so wrong on every point he was giving, it was ridiculous. No way I'm going through a second one. If you want to believe some dude just because he think like you do go ahead, at least what you say fit with the way you are saying it.
    I have send the vod to you by PM, i'm more well'informed as a viewer than the people that want to play on it lel

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dukenukemx View Post
    That's what Microsoft said about people that hated Windows 8, and look how that turned out.
    Anecdotal evidence is anecdotal? Just because once a loud group turned out to also be a big group, doesn't necessarily mean that all loud groups are big groups.

A little casual isn't the same thing as a lot of casual.
    Did you forget WoW players, back in vanilla, were mocked for being 'too casual' by the players of other MMOs at the time?

It's called voting with your wallet,
    "Voting with your wallet" simply means you don't like what is being offered. And just because you don't like the content that is offered does not mean it's not 'real content'.
    "Torturing someone is not an evil thing to do if it is done for good reasons" by Varodoc
    "You sit in OG/SW waiting on a Mythic+ queue" by Altmer <- Oh, the pearls in this forum...
    "They sort of did this Dragonriding, which ushered in the Dracthyr race." by Teriz <- the BS some people reach for their narratives...

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    This is the exact kind of posting I was talking about from the "vanilla crowd". This actually hurts the Legacy argument more than it helps when people push their opinion as "fact".
    It's not the "Vanilla crowd", it's that poster in particular and you damn know it.

Quote Originally Posted by voidillusion View Post
    It's not the "Vanilla crowd", it's that poster in particular and you damn know it.
    Hence those quotation marks. Also there are a few in this thread if we go back a bit but that particular one is the most noticeable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by voidillusion View Post
    more generally the few dozen personalities on this board are likely to have a near-zero impact on whatever blizzard ends up doing. it is likely blizzard has independently discovered (via their own forums) that forum crowds are disproportionately toxic.
    Authors I have enjoyed enough to mention here: JRR Tolkein, Poul Anderson,Jack Vance, Gene Wolfe, Glen Cook, Brian Stableford, MAR Barker, Larry Niven and Jerry Pournelle, WM Hodgson, Fredrick Brown, Robert SheckleyJohn Steakley, Joe Abercrombie, Robert Silverberg, the norse sagas, CJ Cherryh, PG Wodehouse, Clark Ashton Smith, Alastair Reynolds, Cordwainer Smith, LE Modesitt, L. Sprague de Camp & Fletcher Pratt, Stephen R Donaldon, and Jack L Chalker.