Page 49 of 87 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    It wouldn't be a Q&A without Ion mentioning those awful legendary warlock pants LOL

You know how bad they are by the way they keep talking them up. The universal reaction to getting those is not "A legendary!" it is "oh fuck, I got that piece of junk which lower smy chance of getting a good one"

It's like a bonus roll giving you gold.

Glad to hear we'll get ember's functionality back, sad to hear we won't get their visuals back.
    Last edited by Sulblaka; 2016-12-07 at 07:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nebiroth99 View Post
    It wouldn't be a Q&A without Ion mentioning those awful legendary warlock pants LOL

You know how bad they are by the way they keep talking them up. The universal reaction to getting those is not "A legendary!" it is "oh fuck, I got that piece of junk which lower smy chance of getting a good one"

It's like a bonus roll giving you gold.
    To be honest affliction is riddled with horrendously bad legendaries as well outside the helm. Warlock is very similar to Demonhunter where you get 2 legendaries that are worth anything and the rest are super niche.

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    Yeah that only directly flies in the face of them just recently saying they can't fix Destro "just by making Soul Shards work like Embers."
    Did you watch the Q&A or just read a condensed summery? The key word there is "just". They can't just snap their fingers and instantly make SS work like Embers. It's going to take them weeks of time and effort to both redesign the class abilities around it and program the game engine to handle it. That's why it's happening later and not now.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirroth View Post
    Did you watch the Q&A or just read a condensed summery? The key word there is "just". They can't just snap their fingers and instantly make SS work like Embers. It's going to take them weeks of time and effort to both redesign the class abilities around it and program the game engine to handle it. That's why it's happening later and not now.
    So like many many people have already pointet out that you just don´t fix something which´s working fine?
    And then they changed it just to get told that´s bad again and again then saying we can´t cange it and finally after an even longer time they finally admitted they fucked up but they don´t have the time for us now because other classes´re more important.
    And you´re wondering why we don´t like it?

I mean, what's not to celebrate? Destro is getting Embers back! Just, not yet.
    Hey awesome, we're getting that cool thing we had in the first place that never should've been changed but hey instead of embers now we have to look at soul shards still AND wait for them to get that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Gohzerlock View Post
    Hey awesome, we're getting that cool thing we had in the first place that never should've been changed but hey instead of embers now we have to look at soul shards still AND wait for them to get that way.
    I'm willing to let the "We told you so" remain implied and unspoken. It doesn't do anyone any good to nurse a grudge or try to rub it in the Dev's faces. The Devs are not the enemy, and treating them as such won't win us anything.

Also, by not saying it now, it becomes more meaningful if we need to say it in the future when we think they're making a similar mistake again.

Deleted
    I'm genuinely happy that they're going back to a Ember resource system with the Soul Shards. Nothing much to say other than it was a far superior resource system in every aspect conceivable. I hope they'll add back functionality to Incinerate outside of just being a filler; aka it should contribute to ember regeneration.

Yeah maybe they should have not changed the entire system and then ignored the feedback that was almost universal about how bad it was?

Quote Originally Posted by Lucrece View Post
    To be honest affliction is riddled with horrendously bad legendaries as well outside the helm. Warlock is very similar to Demonhunter where you get 2 legendaries that are worth anything and the rest are super niche.
    What, you don't like that 60% slow Corruption ring ? How dare you! /s

Quote Originally Posted by Shandalar View Post
    "Shadow is more important than warlocks, so we havent worked on them. Get more luck in the next try guys"
    Why do you put those words between quotations marks as if it's an actual quote? If you are not careful, somebody may come by the forums, read that, and then repeat it to others as factual information. That would then run the risk of these wonderful informative forums no longer being a source of reliable information and could just dilutes down to a bunch of nerds arguing back and forth over semantics. You wouldn't want that to happen. Practice safe forums posting.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dwill View Post
    What, you don't like that 60% slow corruption ring ? How dare you! /s
    Sarcasm aside, I actually really do want that ring (just not over others first )

Quote Originally Posted by Soulzar View Post
    Sarcasm aside, I actually really do want that ring (just not over others first )
    I'd take it for shit and giggles in world PvP but not at the cost of an actually useful one. Sadly, I already have Prydaz and Norgannon's boots so chances are I'm gunning for either that ring or the pants next!

Ok, let me see if I have gotten the gist of the current state with warlocks (namely affliction) from the last Q&A with Ion. (I have hardly logged on the last couple of weeks tbh.) After months of alpha and beta feedback on changes that were definitely going to be glaring issues, the only thing they really did change was the affliction legendary, in turn putting it in an even worse state than the bad position it was already in when Legion went live. We continued giving feedback through legion, some of it the last couple of months being a lot more rough (Which I admit I understand when you feel ignored for such a long period of time). A couple of weeks ago they kinda said they wouldn't have time on this ptr cycle to fix any of the major issues but Affliction for example got some talent swaps and numbers tweaks, that to my understanding were mostly to help with single target damage, but malefic grasp for example still isn't even nearly as good as Agony? So All we really have gotten, is an unintended large nerf to self healing since we won't be using drain life as a filler anymore. (Really looking forward to being even more squishy). And now... Ion's response... was pretty much that 7.1.5 and 7.2.5 are for changes like this, but they didn't have time to correctly fix warlocks, so maybe by 7.2.5... 10 weeks after 7.2?? Seriously? Every *very seldom* response to the state of our class is basically just wait a little longer. Followed by wait a little longer. Followed by wait a little longer. Followed by just give us a few more *months*.

Deleted
    STOP WHINING. We are getting what we wanted. Embers back. Mechanical improvements. Demonology reworked... Isn't that what we asked for ? So now get patient, and "thanks" them that for once we've been heard.

We'll have to get them tons of feedback once the time will be required. For now, enjoy your lock and make the best of it in its current state.

Quote Originally Posted by Anuwiel View Post
    STOP WHINING. We are getting what we wanted. Embers back. Mechanical improvements. Demonology reworked... Isn't that what we asked for ? So now get patient, and "thanks" them that for once we've been heard.

We'll have to get them tons of feedback once the time will be required. For now, enjoy your lock and make the best of it in its current state.
    All the feedback they always listen to, right?

Deleted
    I would like to stay demonology, but I feel like a concrete block. For now I'm staying affliction, the mobility is great aspecialy with the legendary boots spaming drain life while running feels awsome.

I hope they will nerf windwalker monks to the ground...
    Last edited by mmoc1fe1668073; 2016-12-07 at 08:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Anuwiel View Post

How about no?

Some of y'all are hilarious:

We've been giving the same feedback for nearly 2 years now, since Alpha, which is when these problems first arose, and were first told we were just wrong, then told our feedback wasn't helpful, then told that they can't just simply "go back to embers" and now are "going back to embers" with zero indication when this is occurring, in what manner they are doing it. Is it just Soul Shards that work the same way as Embers but called Soul Shards? Is the regeneration rate the same? Do we have Incinerate going back to generating 1/10th an ember? What's the deal?

We're nearly at the last raid of the first tier and the class is still in horrible shape. Just because they suddenly decided to go against everything they've been saying for nearly 2 years doesn't mean its all ok now.

Just vaguely saying "we're going to an ember system" with no specifics is pandering. Its Trumpian levels of pandering. Next we'll hear about how Warlocks will be great again.

MWGA!
    Last edited by KrazyK923; 2016-12-07 at 08:46 PM.

Deleted
    They already got tons of feedback since alpha/beta. Didnt they know that we hate Demonic Empo? They knew. Didnt they know we want embers back? They knew. etc etc etc... They ignored ALL feedback.

They want to fix Warlock now? After few months of pointless alpha/beta and you still belive that they will do more than shit talents swap?

Quote Originally Posted by Dwill View Post
    I'd take it for shit and giggles in world PvP but not at the cost of an actually useful one. Sadly, I already have Prydaz and Norgannon's boots so chances are I'm gunning for either that ring or the pants next!
    Why would you do affliction in world pvp anyways, by the time you've used three globals for dots and started casting unstable affliction you're long dead or on the way there.

Snares are pretty useless against melee anyways with all the gap closers they have, it'd only be useful against maybe an enhancement shaman.
    Last edited by Lucrece; 2016-12-07 at 09:17 PM.

thanks god we are going back to embers.