Page 14 of 25 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GoblinP View Post
    Because they wanted boys to stop playing with their genitals.
    I'd say they failed in that goal, then.

There are serious penalties for female genital mutilation.
    Think this is a solved problem.
    Even if you were to pretend that those are remotely the same thing, when a significant portion of a community already does it it becomes difficult to "punish everyone."

Besides. They can always claim they had it done in another country, or just actually have it done in another country.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Parents that feel strongly about it from a religious angle are going to have it done anyway, frankly.

When it comes down to "what the law man decided was right or wrong two months ago" and "what hundreds if not thousands of years of culture and tradition have stipulated," it comes down to the latter, regardless of whether you deem it a valid reason or not.
    This is like arguing "people will be using drugs anyway, why ban coke"?

Quote Originally Posted by Allybeboba View Post
    Banned from what? Life is not a forum or a game. A person can't be "banned" from it. At least not in the way you are staing.
    Ban in the legal sense? You know, what this thread is about?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    I hated the natural way, personally. My foreskin just got in the way most of the time; for years I didn't really like sex that much because it cut off so much sensation.

But that's me. I'm sure there are others who loved being uncirumcised.
    How does it come in your way, in any way? How huge was your foreskin?! Nvm, don't answer that.

10+ Year Old Account
    There are serious penalties for female genital mutilation.
    Think this is a solved problem.
    The difference is that male circumcision removes some skin but leaves the glans/sexual aspects of stimulation in place. For females, it's very different.

Quote Originally Posted by Allybeboba View Post
    Banned from what? Life is not a forum or a game. A person can't be "banned" from it. At least not in the way you are staing.
    He means the act should be banned. Are you for real?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    Isn't that why they legalized marijuana? And repealed prohibition?
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Tijuana View Post
    Since none of them has any experience with the opposite of what they have, I would imagine nobody is sitting around angry at their parents.
    Wouldn't that be the reason to be at least annoyed with your parents? Because you were unable to choose yourself to experience the other side?

10+ Year Old Account
    Since none of them has any experience with the opposite of what they have, I would imagine nobody is sitting around angry at their parents.
    It is possible to grow it back, so it is possible someone in here knows. Saw a video about it. The guy in the video sure did hate his parents. It might have been Penn & Teller Bullshit. Not sure.

Even if you were to pretend that those are remotely the same thing, when a significant portion of a community already does it it becomes difficult to "punish everyone."
    Type Ia is more than remotely similar. Just as banned as all the other types.

Besides. They can always claim they had it done in another country, or just actually have it done in another country.
    "Welp, people are going to break the law so let's not introduce it" isn't exactly a particularly good argument against laws.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Deleted
    Even if you were to pretend that those are remotely the same thing.
    They are.
    when a significant portion of a community already does it it becomes difficult to "punish everyone."
    Yet it is done with girls - Again, Solved problem.
    Fun fact - Still illegal as long as we are talking girls.
    Its almost like all of these considerations applied then and were dealt with then too.

- - - Updated - - -

The difference is that male circumcision removes some skin but leaves the glans/sexual aspects of stimulation in place. For females, it's very different.
    Its analogous to female genital mutilation type 1.

Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post

Ban in the legal sense? You know, what this thread is about?
    I agree! Lets legalize all acts that have no victim. Laws are to protect us from each other, not from ourselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Ehrenpanzer View Post
    Look. Im an atheist. And as much against Abrahamic religious bullshit as it is humanly possible to be.... BUTI would say that a definitive ruling on this would be a slippery slope on parental rights. What would be next? Boys MUST play with Barbies to promote gender equality? Girls arent allowed to have an Easy-Bake oven because that would regress their fragile egos? Should we artificially sterilize everyone and only allow reproduction from those whose ideas we like? Also, how in the fuck is this ANY different from Trumps "lets create a Muslim registry" nonsense? Hint: Its NOT. It's just trendy right now to apologize and bend over backwards for certain groups and then apply a totally different standard for another and that's bullshit.
    How the fuck is this slippery sloping into 'conditioning' children into something...seriously, what the f?

OT: Holy shit Denmark does something sensible! Good on us, I support it 100%.

Type Ia and IIa FGM don't remove sexual aspects of stimulation in place.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephyr Storm View Post
    "Even though you linked me a credible and reputable source just like I asked you to, I'm still gonna ignore it and claim it as bias because it's not from MY country and therefore isn't really useable here, because reasons."

Ahhhh, the ignorance of some people knows no bounds.
    I don't go reading muslim studies on "women are whores and the benefits of stoning them".

Why would I read american studies on why circumcisions are healthy?

Deleted
    Studies show in more than 99% rape cases, a penis or an object shaped like a penis is connected to the assault.

The only solution would be cutting it off as early as possible.

Even if you were to pretend that those are remotely the same thing
    They kinda are because in most cases they're both done for mindless tradition and not for any practical purpose. Even many of those who claim it isn't for tradition or religion cite bogus medical myths for it.

Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    I wonder how many circumcised grown men hate their parents for getting them circumcised vs ones who are happy they did it.
    Ignorance is Bliss.

Quote Originally Posted by Ehrenpanzer View Post
    The logical side of me agrees The parental side of me however says that you should be allowed to raise your children as you see fit, as I should be allowed to raise mine the way I see fit. I think there's a middle ground somewhere that can be found....
    I was never able to understand that mindset of "parental rights". It's a kid your charged to raise. The state should keep a tab on how well you're doing that and you shouldn't be able to "raise them as you see fit" because you could be a moron and know nothing. Hence why child protective services exist. Children have a right to not be abused, and I'm pretty fucking tired by now that dangerous and permanently damaging religious rituals or indoctrination get a pass because "It's how we've always done it". No.

I agree! Lets legalize all acts that have no victim. Laws are to protect us from each other, not from ourselves.
    I agree actually. Drugs should be legal as long as you're an adult and make the conscious decision to use them.

Religious indoctrination or circumcision is often done on kids though, which can't consent, and that constitutes child abuse, which is not a victimless crime.

Quote Originally Posted by i9erek View Post
    That's true although the argument against it was that children should be allowed to make their own religious and cultural decisions as I quote from the original post:

Yet it's stupid to assume that children will make their own cultural and religious beliefs; the parents will always will.
    High time to mandate and enforce secular parenting. Religious indoctrination of any kind is severe child abuse and should be handled as such.
    Last edited by Magicpot; 2016-12-07 at 08:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Halyon View Post
    How the fuck is this slippery sloping into 'conditioning' children into something...seriously, what the f?

OT: Holy shit Denmark does something sensible! Good on us, I support it 100%.
    Well, to be fair, it's just a bunch of doctors calling for this. I don't know how your government works but, I assume at some point it involves politicians.

7+ Year Old Account

Its analogous to female genital mutilation type 1.
    Type I — Partial or total removal of the clitoris and/or the prepuce (clitoridectomy).

Type Ia (circumcision) involves removal of the clitoral hood only and is rarely performed alone. The more common procedure is Type Ib (clitoridectomy), the complete or partial removal of the clitoral glans (the visible tip of the clitoris) and clitoral hood. The circumciser pulls the clitoral glans with her thumb and index finger and cuts it off.

How?