Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by mayhem008 View Post
    Hilary conceded. There's no need to do the recount.
    Stop being intellectually dishonest. You know conceding the race is not legally binding. You are on these forums and these treads enough to know that.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Narwal View Post
    So apparently heavily democratic precincts are coming up as non-recountable because the numbers are off so much that by law they have to go with the first result.

I smell something fishy here, it's surprising we didn't all consider the fact that what many have thought all along (voter fraud is real) may actually be.

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/new...able/95007392/

http://canadafreepress.com/article/h...-problems-with

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2016...oit-precincts/
    I saw this story too - the vote tally is off, so by law they can't recount. Which is the most counter-intuitive reasoning I've ever heard. And people ask why we request recounts.

Quote Originally Posted by Tijuana View Post
    That depends on the political ideology of the post, actually.

- - - Updated - - -

To be fair, the only reason CNN's bias gets so much press, is that their ratings crush those of MSNBC. If anyone was watching MSNBC, that is where the ire would fall.
    MSNBC is the Left's counter to Fox news. It want's to be a Liberal viewpoint media organization.

10+ Year Old Account
    Source please.
    Oh little Tj, you're adorable.

Ken Mehlman, Chairman of the RNC, held several large meetings with African-American business, community, and religious leaders. In his speeches, he apologized for his party's use of the Southern Strategy. When asked about the strategy of using race as an issue to build GOP dominance in the once-Democratic South, Mehlman replied,

"Republican candidates often have prospered by ignoring black voters and even by exploiting racial tensions," and, "by the '70s and into the '80s and '90s, the Democratic Party solidified its gains in the African-American community. Republicans gave up on winning the African-American vote, looking the other way or trying to benefit politically from racial polarization."
    There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge." - Isaac Asimov

Hoof Hearted!!!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Narwal View Post
    So apparently heavily democratic precincts are coming up as non-recountable because the numbers are off so much that by law they have to go with the first result.

I smell something fishy here, it's surprising we didn't all consider the fact that what many have thought all along (voter fraud is real) may actually be.

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/new...able/95007392/

http://canadafreepress.com/article/h...-problems-with

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2016...oit-precincts/
    Isn't it odd though that the counties where they cannot recount all voted for Shillary?
    when all else fails, read the STICKIES.

I guess they are scared of something if recounts aren't happening there.

That's the logic we are going with, right? As the Trump states where they fight the recount look suspect.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Espe View Post

Even better - he never offers them for his own ridiculous claims. But oh so cute in his anger.

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Holy shit the pictures in those sources.

And they call CNN biased, god damn.
    I didn't notice them Though, I am now considering operations to thicken my hair and decrease abdomen fat.

Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    4.8 million is the number of votes cast statewide, not the votes of the precincts in question.
    True, I misread that.

Also:

http://www.freep.com/story/news/loca...ount/95044646/

The recount may end up stopping.

Minutes after the 6th Circuit issued that opinion, the Michigan Court of Appeals released a 3-0 opinion, following a hearing Tuesday afternoon, saying the state Board of Canvassers never should have allowed the recount to proceed because Stein — who received just more than 1% of the vote — did not qualify as an "aggrieved candidate" under state law.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    I guess they are scared of something if recounts aren't happening there.

That's the logic we are going with, right? As the Trump states where they fight the recount look suspect.
    Is there another logic you would use? Why are they fighting a recount so vociferously? Makes no sense and just looks bad all around.

Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    If Wayne County's machines are anything like the ones I use one county over, I have no problem believing the explanation that they simply didn't work and people got lazy about fixing it. I spend longer waiting in line to feed my ballot into the machine than waiting in line to get a ballot and filling the ballot out combined each and every time I go to vote because people have difficulties making it work.
    I walked right up from the parking lot. It took longer for them to verify my driver's license than it took for me to stand in line to vote.

Quote Originally Posted by The Casualty View Post
    True, I misread that.

Also:

Voter fraud in Detroit confirmed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Even better - he never offers them for his own ridiculous claims. But oh so cute in his anger.
    Yeah it's completely predictable, but still hilarious.
    There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge." - Isaac Asimov

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Casualty View Post
    True, I misread that.

Also:

Minutes after the 6th Circuit issued that opinion, the Michigan Court of Appeals released a 3-0 opinion, following a hearing Tuesday afternoon, saying the state Board of Canvassers never should have allowed the recount to proceed because Stein — who received just more than 1% of the vote — did not qualify as an "aggrieved candidate" under state law.
    I think that is why Hillary was joining the effort, so the overall effort would have standing under the law.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mayhem008 View Post
    Hilary conceded. There's no need to do the recount.

Conceding means jack shit legally. It is ONLY done as a show of good faith.

Not to mention it's Jill Stien doing the recount, not Hilary.

Hoof Hearted!!!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    I think that is why Hillary was joining the effort, so the overall effort would have standing under the law.
    But Hillary would have to be the one to request the recount and she has already passed the deadline to do so.
    when all else fails, read the STICKIES.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flatspriest View Post
    But Hillary would have to be the one to request the recount and she has already passed the deadline to do so.
    Can't anyone request the recount...?

As long as they go through the proper methods, that is.

- - - Updated - - -

To be fair, the only reason CNN's bias gets so much press, is that their ratings crush those of MSNBC. If anyone was watching MSNBC, that is where the ire would fall.
    That we can agree on. MSNBC is just a liberal Fox.

Quote Originally Posted by Espe View Post

A couple of thoughts. First of all, enough with the "little TJ", etc. Condescension doesn't actually make you smarter, and it makes you look dumber. I don't call you names; show some mutual respect.

Second, when you say "the RNC chairman", people assume you mean Reince Pribus, not some guy that briefly held the position a decade ago.

Lastly, a person citing history is not the same as saying, "This is our secret plan still today, muwhahaha!"

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flatspriest View Post
    She would - but she had already joined Stein's efforts. Something must have gone wrong, though, if they are not citing Hillary as an also-aggrieved party.

It won't matter - they aren't going to do a proper recount, and the Trump Machine is shutting down efforts to allow it to happen. Not sure why they want to suppress this if nothing is wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Can't anyone request the recount...?

As long as they go through the proper methods, that is.
    As I understand, at least in Michigan, you have to show that you are an "aggrieved" candidate. Jill Stein does not qualify as she was behind by a substantial margin and has literally nothing to gain as no matter the outcome of the recount, even if she were to be shown as the clear winner, she cannot become president.

I also found this:

http://www.michigan.gov/documents/so...n_544089_7.pdf

which is the actual objection to the recount.