Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

It's been confirmed that SEF is either getting fixed or buffed in 7.1.5

Good news for WWs.

So in the latest interview with the game director, he acknowledged that SEF is broken and that they are trying to fix the bug, if they can not then they will be just straight up buffing the damage of SEF to compensate for it in 7.1.5.

Edit: He also touched on the Serenity "bug fix" that is having it revert the CDs of abilities back when it expires. Said they are looking into it and may revert it back or just buff Serenity's damage to compensate.

Odd how they left the shittiest talent of that tier, Chi Orbit, out of the conversation. That talent needs the most fixing. That talent is so bad, people are just pretending it doesn't exist now.
    Last edited by Saverem; 2016-12-07 at 07:14 PM.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Cool. Hope they can fix it, love the way it looks.

If they cannot fix i they need to redesign it mechanically. Compensating with damage is just poor design philosophy that doesn't address the gameplay issue. Hopefully they can get the issues fixed for those who want to play SEF. Personally a Setrenity player as I prefer its depth and find SEF/WDP to be quite boring in its rotation.

Hoping they can find a way to fix Serenity without doing the same thing. Buffing the damage seems silly given we already have significant burst. Tough one for them though as I understand their logic in the change even if it sucks for us.

Chi Orbit doesnt need a mention. WW have it pretty good in terms of talent choices with 7.1.5 as it is. Buff to RJW bringing choice to L90 for M+, buffs to defensive with Dampen Harm and Diffuse, if SEF and Serenity are maintained that is two viable and differing playstyles out of L100 talents. Our mobility is god-tier... we have it peetty damn good in terms of class mechanics. Its just the scaling and bugs that need to be addressed.

Would love to type out more but on phone at work.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by snegro View Post
    If they cannot fix i they need to redesign it mechanically. Compensating with damage is just poor design philosophy that doesn't address the gameplay issue. Hopefully they can get the issues fixed for those who want to play SEF. Personally a Setrenity player as I prefer its depth and find SEF/WDP to be quite boring in its rotation.

Hoping they can find a way to fix Serenity without doing the same thing. Buffing the damage seems silly given we already have significant burst. Tough one for them though as I understand their logic in the change even if it sucks for us.

Chi Orbit doesnt need a mention. WW have it pretty good in terms of talent choices with 7.1.5 as it is. Buff to RJW bringing choice to L90 for M+, buffs to defensive with Dampen Harm and Diffuse, if SEF and Serenity are maintained that is two viable and differing playstyles out of L100 talents. Our mobility is god-tier... we have it peetty damn good in terms of class mechanics. Its just the scaling and bugs that need to be addressed.

Would love to type out more but on phone at work.
    If they just buff the damage on SEF without fixing the bug, it would be pretty funny to see how it will be used. Guessing this will be the only DPS ability in the game where it will actually be better to use when Lust/Heroism isn't up.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain

I don't mean to be 'that' guys but even if they do fix SEF, that will not improve our single target dps, which were lacking
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonus View Post
    Anyway stop being such an ass fucktard.
    Quote Originally Posted by oblivium666 View Post
    Would you kindly go fuck yourself?

Quote Originally Posted by Divinexve View Post
    I don't mean to be 'that' guys but even if they do fix SEF, that will not improve our single target dps, which were lacking
    How does having a 2 charge CD for 150% damage for 15 seconds extended even longer with the bracers not improve our single target damage?

Quote Originally Posted by Him View Post
    How does having a 2 charge CD for 150% damage for 15 seconds extended even longer with the bracers not improve our single target damage?
    Even with drinking horn cover it is still not worth picking SEF over Serenity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonus View Post
    Anyway stop being such an ass fucktard.
    Quote Originally Posted by oblivium666 View Post
    Would you kindly go fuck yourself?

If it were fixed, and did what the tooltip says, along with the Serenity nerf, I think it would definitely be more beneficial to take SEF with the bracers.

Deleted
    why dont they just make the clones visual and the dmg come in form of a "dot". its just fact that the ai sucks massive since it can get stuck in shit and sometimes dont replicate your FoF correctly

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Saverem View Post
    Odd how they left the shittiest talent of that tier, Chi Orbit, out of the conversation. That talent needs the most fixing. That talent is so bad, people are just pretending it doesn't exist now.
    I think Chi orbit could easily work like fel barrage but for ST. Passively you generate 1 orb every Xsec,maximum 4. Active: you press the button and you unleash all orbs to the target for X amount of damage.

Basically this would make the talent a clear better choise (if it does more dmg ofc) than WDP for ST fights and also compliment our mastery and hit combo even more cause we would have another free ability on (almost) no cd to weave in through our other spells (basically like chi wave works).

On another topic Ion said that he is ok with S2M being the clear best choise for a 4min fight like Ursoc and its what i would like to see for Xuen. Make it like if the fight is long HC is better but if the fight is short than the 1 use of Xuen is clearly better than HC. RJW change,maybe with a small damage ramp up is really good already i think.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaostar View Post
    I think Chi orbit could easily work like fel barrage but for ST. Passively you generate 1 orb every Xsec,maximum 4. Active: you press the button and you unleash all orbs to the target for X amount of damage.

Basically this would make the talent a clear better choise (if it does more dmg ofc) than WDP for ST fights and also compliment our mastery and hit combo even more cause we would have another free ability on (almost) no cd to weave in through our other spells (basically like chi wave works).

On another topic Ion said that he is ok with S2M being the clear best choise for a 4min fight like Ursoc and its what i would like to see for Xuen. Make it like if the fight is long HC is better but if the fight is short than the 1 use of Xuen is clearly better than HC. RJW change,maybe with a small damage ramp up is really good already i think.
    That would be interesting. Also, would love to see an alternative talent to Hit Combo. I see Hit Combo as more of a mandatory crutch than a fun talent. It's a pointless talent with a mechanic that leaches from our Mastery instead of adding anything new.

I love the RJW change and I think it might be the go-to talent for M+ now as it will definitely help a lot with trash and M+ is more about your total damage than your boss damage.
    Last edited by Saverem; 2016-12-07 at 10:08 PM.

Deleted
    oh and forgot to say that chi orbit COULD be a pseudo-ranged ability,like 20y range giving even more options

I love the RJW change and I think it might be the go-to talent for M+ now as it will definitely help a lot with trash and M+ is more about your total damage than your boss damage.
    Is the damage enough though?! I think it could use a 5-10% dmg increase

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaostar View Post
    oh and forgot to say that chi orbit COULD be a pseudo-ranged ability,like 20y range giving even more options

Is the damage enough though?! I think it could use a 5-10% dmg increase
    If it does what I'm understanding it does, which is add a Mark of the Crane for every target it hits up to 5 targets, then you'd use it once in a fight, get the up to 5 stacks of Mark of the Crane instantly and then use the rest of the time to spam Spinning Crane Kick/TP.

If it adds 1 Mark of the Crane for every time it ticks damage up to 5, then it would probably be even better since you can now potentially get 5 stacks of it from less than 5 targets, but the ramp up time would be slower.

I think it's the former though because potentially getting 5 stacks of it on a single target would probably make SCK the best DPS ability to use even on single targets.
    Last edited by Saverem; 2016-12-07 at 10:31 PM.

Deleted
    I believe its the first thing you mentioned not the second. MotC doesnt stack and I see no point in changing that!

That would be interesting. Also, would love to see an alternative talent to Hit Combo. I see Hit Combo as more of a mandatory crutch than a fun talent. It's a pointless talent with a mechanic that leaches from our Mastery instead of adding anything new.

I don't think it will be the go-to for M+ thou. The only case I can think of when it is useful is when paired with serenity for that maximum 8 second burst aoe, since WDP & SEF already marks everything extremely easily anyways. But then you are giving up 16% of your damage for this interaction. Will it be worth trading 16% overall dps for a 8 sec aoe burst every 1.5min that only is useful on huge (at least 5-6+) packs? I don't know, but I would guess not.

It will, however, make slacking a lot easier while still maintain a very good aoe dps.

Quote Originally Posted by coblade14 View Post
    I don't think it will be the go-to for M+ thou. The only case I can think of when it is useful is when paired with serenity for that maximum 8 second burst aoe, since WDP & SEF already marks everything extremely easily anyways. But then you are giving up 16% of your damage for this interaction. Will it be worth trading 16% overall dps for a 8 sec aoe burst every 1.5min that only is useful on huge (at least 5-6+) packs? I don't know, but I would guess not.

It will, however, make slacking a lot easier while still maintain a very good aoe dps.
    except for all the times you are scared to use SEF and have it pull shit 2 rooms over.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorechief View Post
    except for all the times you are scared to use SEF and have it pull shit 2 rooms over.
    IMHO that's more of a LTP issue than a SEF issue. That shouldn't happen if you know what you are doing with SEF.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Divinexve View Post
    Fixing haste or hit combo bug with SEF will definitely improve our single taget dps. And after serenity nerf, I doubt there will be a talent option over WDP, so every SEF buff/fix counts.

I'm not a serenity guy, so I'm glad they are going to do something with SEF :P

Deleted
    Sadly i like serenity more than SEF shouldnt blizzards design be to keep talents balanced and not force people to go to just one...

I doubt ill ever like SEF they wont be able to make the AI feel good

Quote Originally Posted by coblade14 View Post
    IMHO that's more of a LTP issue than a SEF issue. That shouldn't happen if you know what you are doing with SEF.
    It's a bug issue, clones shouldn't be going for out of combat/CC'd mobs like it is at the moment and its unpredictable when you have no control over who they bounce to.