Page 1 of 8
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account

Exclamation Lets Boast about our College Majors for Fun

I am a physics major. All of you other science majors depend on me. I am basically better than all of you (joking).

10+ Year Old Account
    I dropped out after getting into an argument with my C++ professor! Saved a lot of money in the long run...
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

I'm a home economics major. I took it to meet girls and I met a lot of them but none were into men who would take home economics as a major.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    I dropped out after getting into an argument with my C++ professor! Saved a lot of money in the long run...
    My networking professor just copied everything directly from the book onto the whiteboard, students hated him and challenged him on almost everything because whenever someone asked a legit question he would just point people to the book. One day one of the students asked permission to record the class under the guise of helping him study and sent the tape to the dean.

He was not rehired the next year but at least the class was an easy A.

Finance, then some grad work in finance, then law, now some graduate psych work.

There is not much to brag about. Probably should have listened to my aunt and uncle when I was 18 and gone into nursing, or gotten an accounting degree (not really though as I doubt I would have enjoyed either profession). I like the logic inherent in CS languages but I don't enjoy programming.

I like my graduate psychology coursework the most, although I also liked my finance and econ coursework.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    I'm a home economics major. I took it to meet girls and I met a lot of them but none were into men who would take home economics as a major.
    I was in a long term relationship with a guy I met in my women's studies class.

I was a computer science major, now I am a graduate. All sciences, and most all occupations rely on people like me, as most people are completely screwed without technology.

Business degree - Yale

Currently completing my MD at Harvard.

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account
    B.S. in CompSci, M.S. in Sensor Networks and Artificial Neural Networks.

Totally worth it, but if you aren't having an absolute blast programming, don't do it, you'll burn out too fast. We go through a good chunk of fresh graduates who burn out in 6mo all the time.

10+ Year Old Account
    About to start a msc in bioinformatics. We are a rare breed.

Got a 2.1 Honors Degree in Computer Sciences... wondering why I did it -- fecking hate programming. Wasted 15 years of my life programming...

Planning on going back to Uni to do a Biology related area.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Annoying View Post
    Totally worth it, but if you aren't having an absolute blast programming, don't do it, you'll burn out too fast. We go through a good chunk of fresh graduates who burn out in 6mo all the time.
    I concur, from self experience.
    Last edited by Daedius; 2016-12-07 at 09:04 PM.

IM an Automotive Engineer Major, all other engineers only look good on paper I actually touch shit with my hands and understand how to apply what I design.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    Ugh, C++ worst class I ever took professor made it that way. walked into class and she got up on her soap box and bitched about how we wouldn't call her Ms or Mrs. she would be referred to as Dr. or Prof. " I am very proud of our achievements". We were also forced to use the Train wreck browser that is Firefox because a woman invented it. I used Chrome just to piss her off.

Double major, have a B.S. in Mathematics and Physics (Astrophysics). In a grad program now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    B.S in Business Management Information Systems

The professors were all horrible as they would have all the assignments and exams online. All their lectures were given by the publishers as PP from our text book.

Also all our books were digital so you can't buy used which is stupid.

I learned more from YouTube than in college.
    Last edited by Ave07; 2016-12-07 at 09:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Annoying View Post
    I switched to physics from Comp Sci because the Data Structures class I took for Java was the most frustrating class I've ever taken in my whole life.

Most of the problems stemmed from the unfortunate choice of Goodrich and Tamassia's text, which has a totally unclear exposition and about as much actual fucking code as my Topology textbook. It's a book that only makes sense to me years later when I've actually learned that shit from other sources.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hellrime View Post
    I was a computer science major, now I am a graduate. All sciences, and most all occupations rely on people like me, as most people are completely screwed without technology.
    Basically, yeah. I switched out of CS and expected to never do it again. But lo and behold, here I am using C++ again in grad school. All roads lead to Rome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Garnier Fructis View Post
    I switched to physics from Comp Sci because the Data Structures class I took for Java was the most frustrating class I've ever taken in my whole life.

Most of the problems stemmed from the unfortunate choice of Goodrich and Tamassia's text, which has a totally unclear exposition and about as much actual fucking code as my Topology textbook. It's a book that only makes sense to me years later when I've actually learned that shit from other sources.
    That'll do it. Fuck Java.

10+ Year Old Account
    Started as CS. When I moved (and changed schools) I switched to BS Management Information Systems... Which is just Business Administration for nerds.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

Didnt finish college, currently employed at 6 figure job. Enjoy the student loans suckers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Venant View Post
    I feel bad for all those 'protesters' at the Trump rally, it's like the real life equivalent of making a 40 man raid in WoW and not having the boss spawn, thereby denying them a chance at looting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    That's a nonsense argument that ignores what words mean.

Quote Originally Posted by Luxxor View Post
    Didnt finish college, currently employed at 6 figure job. Enjoy the student loans suckers.
    And your major was......

You do realize that 5000.45 isn't a six figure job right?

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Luxxor View Post
    Have both a 6fig job and no student loans. Enjoying my sports car. At least until it snows, heh.

Scholarships and Pell grants were pretty sweet.

Quote Originally Posted by BeerWolf View Post
    Got a 2.1 Honors Degree in Computer Sciences... wondering why I did it -- fecking hate programming. Wasted 15 years of my life programming...
    I think we need to stop giving people shit who don't go into STEM, not everyone enjoys it and there aren't enough jobs to funnel Millennials or Gen Xers into STEM anyway.

Some posters on this forum are ridiculous. "Well what do you expect with your non-STEM degree" apparently they should have taken that "soft science"-y econ course so they could understand how supply and demand work.