Quote Originally Posted by Vyxn View Post
    It needs to go to court and let the courts decide when a human life begins there for deserveing of basic human rights that all other humans are allotted
    It will and will be rejected.

Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    Not my problem, I'd rather not have my tax money spent on destroying life.

Unless rape or incest.
    Well, it is a good thing your tax money isn't spent doing anything of the sort.

Quote Originally Posted by Barnabas View Post
    It will and will be rejected.
    Rejected under what grounds?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    It's a thing among some fundamentalist Christians to "take back" the country by out breeding non-fundamentalist-Christians.
    Quiverfull.

>.<
    Tiriél US-Stormrage

Signature by Shyama

Quote Originally Posted by Halyon View Post
    Doesn't give you right to inhibit the rights of other people. Medically, a fetus is not a human being, a person. It's human, sure, but it's not a person like I am, so I ask again, how does a fetus warrant blanket protection that trumps mine?
    I have neither argued in favor or against this law. If you must know, I do not support abortion except in cases of rape, incest, and threat to the mothers life. But once more, that is not the point.

Disagree with me, call me foolish, call me short-sighted. But don't dare to call me sexist, because I am not. And I can't speak for everyone, but I'd like to believe the majority of people truly want to do the right thing. The problem is we all disagree what the right thing is exactly. And it doesn't help when the power hungry politicians pour fuel on the fire for their own personal gain. It's them telling us to hate each other, causing unbridgeable divisions among us.

I'm tired of arguing, of being angry, of being cynical. I'm tired of corrupt politicians relying on bi-partisanism to divide the people. If I accomplish nothing else, at least try to hate each other a little less.
    Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    WoW is ending soon. Mark my words right here right now.
    They're shifting to a Diablo MMO and putting World of Warcraft on hold for the moment/a while.
    Prophet tikcol at your disposal any day, any time.
    Spoken by the great prophet on 6/29/17

10+ Year Old Account
    It needs to go to court and let the courts decide
    Already happened. You're talking about Roe v. Wade and Planned Parenthood v. Casey. So you're either confused or admitting your complete ignorance on the subject.
    There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge." - Isaac Asimov

Quote Originally Posted by The Fiend View Post
    No Daimakura? No sale.
    Comes with the Asian seasonal edition. Limited time only. For christmas.
    Ohio rape/incest laws require a report to police. There is a thing called cell-free fetal DNA testing. No but at least you should be conscious enough to know if someone ejaculates in you or not. This bill won't withstand the courts anyway. The next bill they have will and will peg abortions at 20 weeks.
    *sigh* A lot of pregnancies, even wanted ones, are aborted naturally because they fail to implant. Of course the risk is there to get pregnant if you go unsafe, and it's still a risk if you fly double-dutch, if ridiculously small risk, but it's there. There is no actual 100%, only, very, very close.

Nothing is guaranteed, so banning abortion, or restricting it like this is just complete and utter retarded.

Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Pretty much.

Then again, when have Republicans ever given a shit about women.
    Quoted for truth, no one likes women more than Bill Clinton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Venant View Post
    I feel bad for all those 'protesters' at the Trump rally, it's like the real life equivalent of making a 40 man raid in WoW and not having the boss spawn, thereby denying them a chance at looting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    That's a nonsense argument that ignores what words mean.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Danuru View Post
    But don't dare to call me sexist, because I am not.
    If you think you have the right to tell women what they can do with their own body, you are.

Sorry if that bothers you, champ, but thems the facts of the situation, as they say.
    There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge." - Isaac Asimov

Deleted
    Comes with the Asian seasonal edition. Limited time only. For christmas.
    Go Centaur or go home. Look at this classy and practical item.

Unless rape or incest.
    56% of you tax dollar funds a military that destroys plenty of life on foreign soil. Your tax dollar doesn't pay for abortions, but I'd hate for you to have to figure that out.

Quote Originally Posted by Espe View Post
    Already happened. You're talking about Roe v. Wade and Planned Parenthood v. Casey. So you're either confused or admitting your complete ignorance on the subject.
    nope Roe v Wade didn't make a ruling when a human life begins

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Something something "all life is sacred!" something something *ignores the fact that the official GOP platform supports the death penalty* something something.

Because what is hypocrisy?

I generally liked Kasich as a candidate given he was the only sane Republican running for the office later on during the primaries, but his positions on social issues is very in-line with the GOP's official party platform being straight out of the 1950's, and it's something I've strongly disagreed with him on throughout.
    You could just put aside the feminist issues and the moral issues and permit abortion on purely medical grounds. America--which as Chou Enlai famously said has no historical memory--forgets that we used to have back alley abortion clinics which were dirty and disgusting places. The woman would lose the child and quite possibly her life and I think America felt losing one life was better than two so abortion should be legal.

Now America will probably end up in the hellhole that is Brazil, where women cannot have abortions but instead turn to drugs which basically cause abortions. So we'll probably end up in the back allies.

"Unintended Consequences" is a phrase politicians should tatoo on their arms. If American poor communities adapt to self-induced abortions (in Brazil there's a quite illegal midwife), the American poor may find that abortions are cheaper, easier to get, and highly convenient. And we could end up having many more abortions in America...And abortions where there is no right wing protestors trying to talk women out of the procedure. Hell, it will be a business to the midwives, and they'll be trying to talk them into it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка

Unless rape or incest.
    Bit late, but you can't use insurance or your own money for it... because?

10+ Year Old Account
    Nothing is guaranteed, so banning abortion, or restricting it like this is just complete and utter retarded.
    Clearly some people get off at the thought of young girls and women dying in back alleys from botched procedures or dying from foreign pharmaceuticals.

"Shouldn't have opened her legs, *snicker* that'll teach her *wide grin*"

Most people would consider that evil, then again we have a president-elect who brags about raping young girls and women so maybe that's jsut where we're at as a country.

Quote Originally Posted by tollshot View Post
    A return to backstreet abortions, keep it classy Ohio.
    The people that can will just cross into border states. The ones that can't will have a child that the system ends up paying for. With this the GoP can keep bitching about the poor and welfare while being apart of the problem from the get go.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Deleted
    I have neither argued in favor or against this law. If you must know, I do not support abortion except in cases of rape, incest, and threat to the mothers life. But once more, that is not the point.

Disagree with me, call me foolish, call me short-sighted. But don't dare to call me sexist, because I am not. And I can't speak for everyone, but I'd like to believe the majority of people truly want to do the right thing. The problem is we all disagree what the right thing is exactly. And it doesn't help when the power hungry politicians pour fuel on the fire for their own personal gain. It's them telling us to hate each other, causing unbridgeable divisions among us.

I'm tired of arguing, of being angry, of being cynical. I'm tired of corrupt politicians relying on bi-partisanism to divide the people. If I accomplish nothing else, at least try to hate each other a little less.
    The "right" thing is that people should be able to decide what to do with their body, criminalizing abortions, because thats effectivly what this bill is, will only cause more unwanted children born in poverty and bad family situations, meaning more crime, more suffering and more unwanted children in the future.

I can respect not wanting to terminate life in the womb, but a fetus is not a baby and therefor not a person and has therefor no rights. I'd rather see a dead fetus than a persons life ruined because of an unwanted pregancy.

I'm so happy to live in a country where politics are secular, we have none of this fundamentalist bullshit.
    Last edited by mmoc013aca8632; 2016-12-07 at 09:57 PM.

snip
    I'm not angry or hating on anyone. I'm just not particularly polite.

This is less a politics problem, more than it is a human problem, one of ethics. I'm not 'pro'-abortion, and I never will be, but it's fundamental to have it legal and accessible to maintain the rights of women... And even further down the line...

Forcing more births will result in more kids being unwanted, treated poorly, or worse, end up being stuck or bounced around in the adoption system. Our population can't carry this much weight either, it will collapse under its own weight at some point because we exhaust resources much, much faster than they can be replenished...

Rejected under what grounds?
    Because north dakota's got rejected and it's similar. So it's safe to say this won't be allowed in Ohio either.

http://www.motherjones.com/mojo/2016...e-abortion-ban

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HeatherRae View Post
    It is, but our technology is advancing at such a pace that the "viable" age for a baby is getting younger and younger. With some of the new things coming out, I wouldn't be surprised to see "viability" drop to under 20 weeks in the near future.
    Actually, it hasn't moved since the 80s. That 21 weeks, 5 days was in 1987 and it's never been surpassed.

Odds for premature births have improved, but 22 weeks has remained a pretty solid wall.

I'd say the viability limit is unlikely to move until/unless we invent an all-up artificial womb.

Quote Originally Posted by Allerius View Post
    So since pregnancy can be unavoidable even by reasonable individuals I assume you're ok with both partners being able to opt out of impending parenthood ahead of time?
    One is risking life and health for it, whereas the other only has to deal with money.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters