Quote Originally Posted by Packers01 View Post
    Why do normal people deserved to be fucked over by crazy people who think a man in the sky thinks abortion is wrong? No, it should not be a state issue.
    Just like you have the right to believe abortion is ok, and whatever else you want. They haev the right to believe in God, Allah, Yahweh or whatever they want. If the state you lives in has a majority of these people, who manage to get a leader elected that shares their views. Then maybe, you aren't the normal one then?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Danuru View Post
    A woman can do what she wants with her body
    Well I'm glad you see it that way, now I'm sure you'll keep your asinine opinions to yourself and let a women and her doctors decide what is best for her in a medical setting.
    There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge." - Isaac Asimov

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blur4stuff View Post
    problem with some anti-abortion positions is that they straddle the fence on rape and incest

if you believe the fetus is a person with a soul then that soul is still there even if it was rape/incest

there's no consistency in the position of being against abortion except for rape and incest
    There's no logical reason to be against abortion. /shrug

Quote Originally Posted by Espe View Post
    The Supreme Court already decided third trimester so I guess there's no need for these laws that would cause mass harm to US citizens, just more taxpayer money wasted dreaming it up, legislating it and then losing in court when their feeble minds try to defend it.
    Yes I agree in the end it's a waste of taxpayer money. That's why I said, leave it as a state issue and let them figure out. I don't know why everybody thinks all this crap needs to be handled by the "President" or Supreme Court. let alone 90% of Americans, don't even understand how actual power works in America. Else they'd realize, how little the President actually has.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AzazeltheRuthless View Post
    Just like you have the right to believe abortion is ok, and whatever else you want. They haev the right to believe in God, Allah, Yahweh or whatever they want. If the state you lives in has a majority of these people, who manage to get a leader elected that shares their views. Then maybe, you aren't the normal one then?
    There is a concept in the United States called Separation of church and state. Our founding fathers did not want any religion taking over and imposing their backwards views on the rest of society.
    There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge." - Isaac Asimov

Don't like it? Don't have sex. If you're a whore, and can't go with out the D, use protection. If you can't be a responsible whore? Get sterilized.

Quote Originally Posted by Espe View Post
    Well I'm glad you see it that way, now I'm sure you'll keep your asinine opinions to yourself and let a women and her doctors decide what is best for her in a medical setting.
    So is my earlier stated opinion about a woman being able to get an abortion if that is what's best for her in a medical setting, asinine? If a women's health is at risk of course abortions should be an option. Or are you implying that I ever said that I know better than a doctor considering a woman's health. (I never did.)
    Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    WoW is ending soon. Mark my words right here right now.
    They're shifting to a Diablo MMO and putting World of Warcraft on hold for the moment/a while.
    Prophet tikcol at your disposal any day, any time.
    Spoken by the great prophet on 6/29/17

There is a logical reason to be against abortion. But, it isn't based on religion. That's why most people are against it. They think the fetus has a soul. Some even believe a fertilized egg has a soul.

Quote Originally Posted by DistortionSleep View Post
    Don't like it? Don't have sex. If you're a whore, and can't go with out the D, use protection. If you can't be a responsible whore? Get sterilized.
    All current forms of protection/fixing can still result in babies. There is no 100% baby proof sex beyond butt sex and oral.

Yes I agree in the end it's a waste of taxpayer money. That's why I said, leave it as a state issue and let them figure out. I don't know why everybody thinks all this crap needs to be handled by the "President" or Supreme Court. let alone 90% of Americans, don't even understand how actual power works in America. Else they'd realize, how little the President actually has.
    I actually agree with this wholeheartedly. The President and Supreme Court have their fingers in way too many pots. In my opinion, the Supreme Court really ought not to touch anything not specifically mentioned in the Constitution.
    Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    WoW is ending soon. Mark my words right here right now.
    They're shifting to a Diablo MMO and putting World of Warcraft on hold for the moment/a while.
    Prophet tikcol at your disposal any day, any time.
    Spoken by the great prophet on 6/29/17

Quote Originally Posted by Blur4stuff View Post
    There is a logical reason to be against abortion. But, it isn't based on religion. That's why most people are against it. They think the fetus has a soul. Some even believe a fertilized egg has a soul.
    A soul is a religious belief not a scientific based one, science use consciousness which is something different. As for most that is untrue the country is basically equally divided on the subject.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyxn View Post
    Rejected under what grounds?
    Most likely for not allowing abortions in the case of incest and rape.

Plus previous 6-week abortion bans have been knocked over by district courts easily.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

10+ Year Old Account
    That's not at all the issue here and doesn't change the fact that young girls and women suffered and died when it was illegal, but I'm sure you feel better about yourself now

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracos854 View Post
    A soul is a religious belief not a scientific based one, science use consciousness which is something different. As for most that is untrue the country is basically equally divided on the subject.
    Don't think he meant that most people are against it, but rather that's the reason most who are against it are against it.

10+ Year Old Account
    So defund Planned Parenthood and make abortions impossible. The party of smaller government people.

Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    6 weeks? Quite a few women wont even know they;re pregnant until around that time (given that it can take 4 weeks to notice a missed period, and people that naturally have spotty / missed periods can take a few more weeks before preg symptoms start)
    Heh, women that don't have periods because they are on the pill are way more fucked. They won't notice anything. And no, "the pill" isn't 100% pregnancyproof

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Danuru View Post
    Or are you implying that I ever said that I know better than a doctor considering a woman's health. (I never did.)
    Ok good, so you are going to keep your asinine opinions on the subject to yourself. Works for me.

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account
    Rights shouldn't be subject to state legislatures. Bodily autonomy is a human right.

Again, someone who failed sex ed. You do know that ALL forms of contraception have failures.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    Yes, but the majority isn't supposed to be able to hold civil rights hostage either. One of the important functions of government is to protect the rights of the minority. As we believe in freedom of religion, a simple majority should not be able to use what are fundamentally religious beliefs to restrict an individual's authority over their own body.
    I wouldn't necessarily it's there to protect the rights of the minority, after all, look at our president elect.

Our government was designed to protect our rights, no matter which political party wanted to take them away. Right to bodily autonomy of course has been one of those rights they decided to protect.

Of course, conservatives keep trying to turn back the clock 70 years. Because remember the good old days when we could cause people to have millions of unwanted babies and brainwash them into believing in magical men in the sky that hate abortions (even though it's not even mentioned)?
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"