Page 18 of 118 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    Well if I considered the the wisdom teeth a child then of course I would be very disturbed by that.

I didn't think empathy was such a difficult concept.
    So now you're angry about teeth being removed that cause health issues. Great thinking.

Fetuses are factually not children. Its not up for debate. Your opinion doesn't really change things.

Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    So now you're angry about teeth being removed that cause health issues. Great thinking.

Fetuses are factually not children. Its not up for debate. Your opinion doesn't really change things.
    I never said they were children, please read over what I said. And no there are no facts for when it becomes a child, so to make that statement either way is incorrect.

Quote Originally Posted by Halyon View Post
    ...a fetus doesn't get ripped appart for the majority of abortions, it just gets flushed out... Goddayum people are uneducated on this subject if this is the thing still going around...

And the videos are purely argument from emotion, and is a fallacy. There's no reason in "SEE IT HAS HANDS!"
    "Emotion" is a fallacy to you? It is an attribute which makes us human, the ability to cry & laugh, to share empathy & feel pain –– No other animal can do this. And you support murdering of babies... due to proclaim “fallacy”? You... I have no words for the likes of you.

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Republicans showing they can be just as regressive as the far-left. Looks like you're all crazy in the end.

Good job, guys.
    This is the problem with the two party system in my opinion. It polarizes people. "Us against them". It pushes people further and further apart.

I never said they were children, please read over what I said. And no there are no facts for when it becomes a child, so to make that statement either way is incorrect.
    You are incorrect. Fetuses can't generally live outside the womb until 5.5 months or so. Again, your thoughts on the subject really don't matter. A fetus is nothing more than some cells. Your feelings don't change that.

Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    It should include the option to have an abortion later if it was rape or incest (ugh).

But if it was consentful, yeah no need to kill your baby.
    It's funny how abortion is the only way you *&*&^# republicans don't like to kill people. Guns, death penalty, torture, leaving people dying in the streets, etc. is all ok though.

Haha pathetic

Quote Originally Posted by Public Enemy Truth View Post
    "Emotion" is a fallacy to you? It is an attribute which makes us human, the ability to cry & laugh, to share empathy & feel pain –– No other animal can do this. And you support murdering of babies... due to proclaim “fallacy”? You... I have no words for the likes of you.
    Yes, appealing to emotional causes is a fallacy. because the argument isn't sound. A clump of cells isn;t a baby.

Emotions obscure reasonable thinking. Medically, the fetus has no functioning brain, it cannot even express or process emotion. It doesn't think. But that doesn't matter to you because it has hands and looks vaguely human yes? And a heartbeat. Yeah. It's not a baby, medically it doesn't qualify for human rights whatsoever, and legally it's not murder, it's a fetus. They're called different things because they're different.

If you want to be emotional over your fetus/unborn child (used as sentimental term), more power to ya. I won't be forced to.

And I couldn't care less what you think of me.

Quote Originally Posted by Halyon View Post
    No, you don't. Most people using BC will not expect to be pregnant, thus they won't test for it until some 'early' signs appear...they appear at like 4-6 weeks if you know what to look for, mainly missing menstruation, and even then, many women have spotty bleeding, which is normal for ovulating...
    Not to mention that early pregnancy symptoms and premenstrual symptoms are pretty much the same. So if you are not expecting a pregnancy, you won't suspect you are pregnant until well past the six weeks mark. Considering that weeks counting begins from the first day of the last period (so before sex!), when the law draws the line most women will be only 2-3 weeks pregnant... Go figure it's not PMS... it's even too early to show up on pregnancy tests in most cases.

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account
    Plenty of other animals feel empathy and pain, FYI. Do you believe that the government can control what you can and can't do with your body? I'd hope not, otherwise I could use a kidney right about now.

You are incorrect. Fetuses can't generally live outside the womb until 5.5 months or so. Again, your thoughts on the subject really don't matter. A fetus is nothing more than some cells. Your feelings don't change that.
    I'm not sure why you keep talking about my feelings as like I said, I am pro choice. So, how did you come up with this arbitrary measure of being able to live outside the womb? Because thats what it is arbitrary. Its a completely subjective measure, it's not in the realm of facts. You are entirely wrong here and stating your feelings as facts. I don't even know how we got to this topic as your argument against empathy was the one I said was laughable.

Just something I have noticed on this thread... You have those on the left claiming that those on the right hate abortion but support the death penalty (which is true for the most part), and you have the left that support abortion and oppose the death penalty (once again, a generally supported position by many individuals).

With that... I often wonder why individuals care more about the lives of people that have committed such horrible acts, and care so little about a life that has not done anything. I know people like to bring up the fact that the fetus is a "parasite" or "not a life" etc etc, and want to give women autonomy to "decide what she does with her body", but what happened to personal accountability, what happened to being an adult and responsible for your decisions. There are numerous birth control options available to both the female and her partner, and failure to use such methods result in 1 of 2 possible outcomes, (not including the risk for STDs if partners are casual).
    No man really becomes a fool until he stops asking questions.

Yes, appealing to emotional causes is a fallacy. because the argument isn't sound. A clump of cells isn;t a baby.
    The trace of a heart beat is a baby. Emotions is still a –fallacy– to you? What are you, but a robot with no remorse nor care for others? No care for the BEAT of a HEART. This, this is whom we fight against.

10+ Year Old Account
    1. Emotion is a fallacy in an intellectual argument.

2. Other animals have emotions.

3. The proper term is fetus. It isn't a "baby" until it is born. You're just using more emotion to support your argument.

I'm not sure why you keep talking about my feelings as like I said, I am pro choice. So, how did you come up with this arbitrary measure of being able to live outside the womb? Because thats what it is arbitrary. Its a completely subjective measure, it's not in the realm of facts. You are entirely wrong here and stating your feelings as facts. I don't even know how we got to this topic as your argument against empathy was the one I said was laughable.
    You have literally zero knowledge of this subject. And yes, you keep whining about empathy, which is just your feelings talking. Thats it, you're basing those thought on your emotions. "Have empathy!" isn't a good argument for basically anything in this realm of conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    If I find consuming broccoli deeply upsetting, is that justification for banning the consumption of broccoli?
    Depends on how many folks you can get on that band wagon, removing the sale of bacon and other pork products in place where Islamic density is high tends to be a thing.
    "It doesn't matter if you believe me or not but common sense doesn't really work here. You're mad, I'm mad. We're all MAD here."

The trace of a heart beat is a baby. Emotions is still a –fallacy– to you? What are you, but a robot with no remorse nor care for others? No care for the BEAT of a HEART. This, this is whom we fight against.
    No, that is untrue. A heart isn't some magical thing that means you're alive. If you brought that fetus out of the womb as soon as it had a heartbeat, it would die without thinking, feeling, or remembering anything. It is nothing like a human being.

10+ Year Old Account
    I advocate forcing America(ns) to see the videos of abortion, I guarantee within a massive swing the “abortion” debate would be over as no one would support the cruel act of murdering babies. It's very sickening.
    I know exactly what abortion entails. There's no difference between removing an unwanted fetus then there is a tick or a leech or any other parasite from their own respective hosts. As far as I'm concerned no one other than the mother has ultimate authority on whether or not she can have an abortion; not her family, not the doctor, especially not the government. Even the father should be restricted in his authority because it's not his body that's going to get fucked up from a child that he wants and she doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by NihilSustinet View Post
    GOP lost the popular vote by 2 million and thinks they still have a mandate to push the country back by decades. They are in for a rude awakening now that the left sees what they have to lose. I predict a huge change in the legislature in 2 years, when dems actually get out to vote in the mid terms for once, and Trump to be the first 1 term president in my lifetime, if he doesnt resign in shame by then.
    So you're 23 or younger. Nobody cares what you think. Especially after the hissy fit your snowflake generation has thrown over an election.

I welcome a future conservative once you realize how the world really works.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lansworthy
    Deathwing will come and go RAWR RAWR IM A DWAGON
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyCasual View Post
    There's no point in saying this, even if you slap them upside down and inside out with the truth, the tin foil hat brigade will continue to believe the opposite.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Templar 331 View Post
    How is the state taking responsibility?

Edit: You're also neglecting the real possibility of medical complications that can arise during pregnancy that require the termination of the fetus. Do you think this law will make that distinction?
    Some people still believe that the state funds abortions, which is patently false, but don't get in the way of their feels.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"