Page 15 of 25 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by theburned View Post
    So I did some testing with the boots and they actually boost all 3 regrowths from PotA, which would achieve basically the same effect, but towards 3 different targets. I guess it doesnt stack up as well with the trinket, unless I have misunderstood how trinket actually works.
    Trinket is all overhealing is divided among the 3 closest people that need healing, pretty similar to the legendary cloak in MoP. So, when you make it stupidly big, of the 10m regrowth, all of that overhealing will be divided among 3 other people that need heals. So it should instantly top 4 people at once. Mix in PotA, like you mentioned, and that will be 2 more targets with overhealing, then split to 3 more people EACH. So, you'll have a 21x effect Regrowth (~10mil for me) split among 4 people and 2 7x Regrowth (~3.3mil) split among 4-8 people.
    Last edited by masterhorus8; 2016-12-04 at 03:36 AM.

Hey guys! I just started playing my Druid a bit more and I was lucky to get http://www.wowdb.com/items/137095-ed...onds-of-aglaya out of an Emissary Cache right now. My question now is, is it worth taking Prosperity as a talent for Mythic+ content just because of the Legendary? Or should I stick to Cenarions Ward?

And another question: what's the best Resto Druid legendary out there?

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Hey guys! I just started playing my Druid a bit more and I was lucky to get http://www.wowdb.com/items/137095-ed...onds-of-aglaya out of an Emissary Cache right now. My question now is, is it worth taking Prosperity as a talent for Mythic+ content just because of the Legendary? Or should I stick to Cenarions Ward?

And another question: what's the best Resto Druid legendary out there?
    Cenarion ward is even better if you got the wrists.

Cenarion ward is even better if you got the wrists.
    Yeah just realised that. I thought double Swiftmend would be useful but having ~ 16sec Cenarion Ward is pretty awesome. It just rocketed from ~ 5% overall healing to 10-15% overall healing with the wrists.

With lvl 100 talents I'm pretty insecure as well. For Mythic+ I'm using Stone Bark right now but Flourish + Wrists + Cenarion Ward / Wild Growth + Essence seems to be incredible... mhm?
    Last edited by Nyel; 2016-12-04 at 10:21 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    So, with some messing around on ptr, I can get ~34mil healing with "1" regrowth (including living seed). The initial regrowth was hitting for 13.7mil (with a 6.7m living seed) and the 2 PotA regrowths were hitting for 4.5mil each (with 2.2mil living seeds). Just split off all of the overhealing with that healer legendary trinket, and bam, Lay on Hands for half of the raid.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Yeah just realised that. I thought double Swiftmend would be useful but having ~ 16sec Cenarion Ward is pretty awesome. It just rocketed from ~ 5% overall healing to 10-15% overall healing with the wrists.

With lvl 100 talents I'm pretty insecure as well. For Mythic+ I'm using Stone Bark right now but Flourish + Wrists + Cenarion Ward / Wild Growth + Essence seems to be incredible... mhm?
    I change between floursih ans stonebark depending on the dungeon and difficulty.

For example eye of ashara last boss with tyrannical or CoS last boss with tyrannical floruish just helps a lot.
    On most other dungeons thought flourish is kinda uneeded and having more ironbarks just makes tank healing feel more relaxed.

But since CW->flourish is also a strong tank healing choice it comes mostly down to preference and which tank or dungeon you are running.

This could actually be a bit fun to test out, cultivation doesnt really have the best synergy with a tank healing build...
    Cultivation has no particular synergies with any build except for Flourish, which you'll usually get regardless of your other talent choices (except for some niche stuff for mid-level mythic+). The talent obviously has excellent synergy with Power of the Archdruid and Tearstone, but you're going to have both of those (if you have them) even with a more tank-oriented build. It's a great talent regardless of your other talent choices. Sure, it doesn't do that much for the tank, but dedicated tank healing hasn't been a thing in years, and even when assigned to tank duty for some hard-hitting boss, the majority of your healing will still be on the rest of the raid.

Quote Originally Posted by masterhorus8 View Post
    So, with some messing around on ptr, I can get ~34mil healing with "1" regrowth (including living seed). The initial regrowth was hitting for 13.7mil (with a 6.7m living seed) and the 2 PotA regrowths were hitting for 4.5mil each (with 2.2mil living seeds). Just split off all of the overhealing with that healer legendary trinket, and bam, Lay on Hands for half of the raid.
    Yeah, but completely at random and not when you need it, making it a neat circus trick but utterly useless for actual healing.
    Diplomacy is just war by other means.

Quote Originally Posted by Alltat View Post
    Cultivation has no particular synergies with any build except for Flourish, which you'll usually get regardless of your other talent choices (except for some niche stuff for mid-level mythic+). The talent obviously has excellent synergy with Power of the Archdruid and Tearstone, but you're going to have both of those (if you have them) even with a more tank-oriented build. It's a great talent regardless of your other talent choices. Sure, it doesn't do that much for the tank, but dedicated tank healing hasn't been a thing in years, and even when assigned to tank duty for some hard-hitting boss, the majority of your healing will still be on the rest of the raid.

Yeah, but completely at random and not when you need it, making it a neat circus trick but utterly useless for actual healing.
    Cultivation heavily points you towards spreading rejuvs to get as many cultivation procs as possible, while tank healing makes you focus more on few targets, the synergy here comes from getting more mastery stacks from cultivation, which is a strong stat for this build. This however is pretty weak synergy.

In a raid setting I wouldnt necessarily call it all that weak, the biggest concerns would be:
    - You would have to hold OoC procs to not waste the buff
    - You would need downtime to spam wrath
    - For the big heal you need sotf, but thats only for ridiculous heals on 1 target
    - PotA would have to proc frequently enough to not waste massive time on trinket uptime.

If you cast WG its pretty safe to assume you want to do more healing, you would also need both legendaries, but getting out 3* 3-4m regrowths onto 9 players at the same time as you have some WGs up aswell, we are talking pretty heavy healing being thrown out.

10+ Year Old Account
    The only part that is random is the PotA. Meaning that the 20.3mil initial heal is NOT random at all. It just takes casting 20 wraths and 1 swiftmend. And that's nothing to scoff at.

The only part that is random is the PotA. Meaning that the 20.3mil initial heal is NOT random at all. It just takes casting 20 wraths and 1 swiftmend. And that's nothing to scoff at.
    well getting both legendaries is pretty random aswell

10+ Year Old Account
    well getting both legendaries is pretty random aswell
    True. Especially getting those Boomkin boots as resto. Makes me a little sad.

But PotA is a low chance proc from a spell you can't spam, making it 100% (or 80% if you will) luck. It's not a useful trick, because four times out of five it will not work when you need it. And you can't hold on to the buff for more than a few seconds, because it disappears the moment you cast Rejuvenation.
    Diplomacy is just war by other means.

10+ Year Old Account
    But PotA is a low chance proc from a spell you can't spam, making it 100% (or 80% if you will) luck. It's not a useful trick, because four times out of five it will not work when you need it. And you can't hold on to the buff for more than a few seconds, because it disappears the moment you cast Rejuvenation.
    Yes. I know. I agreed with this. PotA is the only random part of this. The 20.3mil healing is NOT from PotA. PotA just adds another 10mil.

Can anyone help me figure something out? Almost feels like it's staring me in the face, but...horse-blinders sometimes:

What causes such a huge "Avg Cast" difference? Better Flourish/G'hanir usage?

Deleted
    Are these from the same person? Probably not, since the crit is very different between the two. So gear could be a thing, overhealing could be as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Greif9 View Post
    Are these from the same person? Probably not, since the crit is very different between the two. So gear could be a thing, overhealing could be as well.
    9 item level difference, favoring the right. Right side also has 35th trait, but also listing less Intellect (which doesn't make sense).

It's a snapshot from 2 different players; same boss, and same length (left was a wipe, so I cut the time for the right-side's kill).
    Last edited by Anastacy; 2016-12-07 at 07:12 AM.

Deleted
    If you could link to the entire thing, someone might be able to figure this out, but just with the screenshot, it can be 101 things and there is just not enough info to know.

Aren't there many factors that could come together?

- Holy Priests Divine Hymn increases healing on targets
    - Some classes have traits / self buffs that increases healing on them
    - One Druid having more Haste than the other (more Haste for stronger HoTs)
    - Average cast / average hit on the left side is ~ 10 whereas it's ~ 14 on the right side

etc.

No, I can't link the entire thing because my guild is silly and keeps their logs private (and I never developed the habit to log myself ). I can link the Druid on the right, however.

An Avg Cast difference of 200k+ on Rejuvs cast during a 9:10 window, isn't going to come down to DH buffs and Druid-Bear mastery, no? Looking at raw healing, the left Druid jumps to 442k and the Druid on the right to 635k.

Haste difference between the two is 1,300 (favoring the Druid on the right).

I did note the difference in the amount of ticks per cast, which is why I mentioned G'hanir/Flourish usage. The Druid on the right also has Legendary ring, and received PotA buff 5 times (versus 2 for the Druid on the left).

Quote Originally Posted by Anastacy View Post
    No, I can't link the entire thing because my guild is silly and keeps their logs private (and I never developed the habit to log myself ). I can link the Druid on the right, however.

An Avg Cast difference of 200k+ on Rejuvs cast during a 9:10 window, isn't going to come down to DH buffs and Druid-Bear mastery, no? Looking at raw healing, the left Druid jumps to 442k and the Druid on the right to 635k.

Haste difference between the two is 1,300 (favoring the Druid on the right).

I did note the difference in the amount of ticks per cast, which is why I mentioned G'hanir/Flourish usage. The Druid on the right also has Legendary ring, and received PotA buff 5 times (versus 2 for the Druid on the left).
    Vantus rune, Int flasks, Defiled Augment rune, 11 Trinket procs, 6 innervates (he's getting boomkin's buffed innervates too), Beserking.... His gear also seems fairly balanced. He has Drape of Shame for extra crit healing (I'm super envious). The only thing he didn't use is a pre-pot.
    Last edited by Tygerlily177; 2016-12-08 at 12:07 AM.