Page 30 of 37 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
    Their necessity does not mean they are infallible.

- - - Updated - - -

The poor rural conservatives will be feeling the hurt the most. But when the economy starts failing a year and a half from the end of Trump's presidency, we can just blame it on Obama the next Democrat president we elect to fix all the problems Bush Trump creates.
    My point, is that giant bureaucracies are tough to manage, no matter what you do. Maybe if we let the states take some meat off the plate of the Fed, the Fed could handle some of these big ticket items a bit better.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tijuana View Post
    My point, is that giant bureaucracies are tough to manage, no matter what you do. Maybe if we let the states take some meat off the plate of the Fed, the Fed could handle some of these big ticket items a bit better.
    And yet even the states have a hard time enforcing federal regulation. Look at just how much state regulations fail.

MY POINT is that overall they do an excellent job, and pointing to a couple of failures isn't going to negate that.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

And yet even the states have a hard time enforcing federal regulation. Look at just how much state regulations fail.

MY POINT is that overall they do an excellent job, and pointing to a couple of failures isn't going to negate that.
    If you think the government is doing an excellent job, that makes one of you.

I'm sorry you feel that way. I was hoping you would take an intellectual stance on the issues, and that enjoyable debate would ensue.

If you want it put in a smaller bite, what Conservatives are all up in arms about over government, is that giant bureaucracies are woefully inefficient, and giving them too much power is dangerous. To help you understand their position, replace words "big government" and "big corporation". Does that make more sense now?

I mean, really the root divide in America between the left and right, is that the right views the public as "us" and the government as "them", while the left views government as "us" and corporations as "them".
    There was nothing unintelligent or inaccurate in my post. I understand you r position just fine,. What you don't seem to grasp is your definition of small government is not the only one that cons use. That isn't my fault nor does it make me the problem. I'm also accurate in what the argument always seems to boil down to.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Espe View Post
    The scary part is Trump was one of the main people broadcasting that shit, when he wasn't busy bragging about sexually assaulting young girls
    What part of the word 'let' do you not understand?

15+ Year Old Account
    If you think the government is doing an excellent job, that makes one of you.
    Looking at a small number of failures and thinking that means the government has failed isn't very honest.

You have to look at the whole track record. Water and ground toxicity was a real problem before the EPA. Is the water you drink toxic? Is the ground you live on barren? Is the air you breath carcinogen filled? If not, the EPA has done its job.

"BUT FLINT MICHIGAN HAPPENED, THAT NEGATES ALMOST A CENTURY OF GOOD EPA RECORD!"

Getting rid of our alphabet soup would open up our country to a host of problems we left behind over a century ago.

I assume you're one of those types that wants to get rid of them though, since you seem to be defending this viewpoint, and turn back the clock to when your biggest concern was securing a single piece of bread and some clean water each day, rather than which MMO-C thread to argue on. Back when carpet baggers could sell you tooth paste that rotted your teeth and not be held accountable, because it wasn't illegal. Back when people could sell you snake oil as a miracle cure, and it not be illegal. Fun times.

You preach that people should take care of themselves with personal responsibility in such cases I assume? But our entire way of life is built on regulations that keep us safe from being scammed. You think "Oh but I can just not trust carpet baggers and the like and buy everything from the grocery store!"

What if the shelves of your trusted store began being stocked with things that you couldn't trust to be safe? What if all the stores in your area started doing that? It removes the choice aspect from any free market argument.
    Last edited by Cthulhu 2020; 2016-12-07 at 11:31 PM.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Quote Originally Posted by Luxxor View Post
    I an only imagine how many candles you will light at your Hillary shrine if that happens. Good thing your dreamworld is just that.
    Is this just like a reflex for you?

10+ Year Old Account
    Looking at a small number of failures and thinking that means the government has failed isn't very honest.

You have to look at the whole track record. Water and ground toxicity was a real problem before the EPA. Is the water you drink toxic? Is the ground you live on barren? Is the air you breath carcinogen filled? If not, the EPA has done its job.

"BUT FLINT MICHIGAN HAPPENED, THAT NEGATES ALMOST A CENTURY OF GOOD EPA RECORD!"

Getting rid of our alphabet soup would open up our country to a host of problems we left behind over a century ago.

I assume you're one of those types that wants to get rid of them though, since you seem to be defending this viewpoint, and turn back the clock to when your biggest concern was securing a single piece of bread and some clean water each day, rather than which MMO-C thread to argue on. Back when carpet baggers could sell you tooth paste that rotted your teeth and not be held accountable, because it wasn't illegal. Back when people could sell you snake oil as a miracle cure, and it not be illegal. Fun times.

You preach that people should take care of themselves with personal responsibility in such cases I assume? But our entire way of life is built on regulations that keep us safe from being scammed. You think "Oh but I can just not trust carpet baggers and the like and buy everything from the grocery store!"

What if the shelves of your trusted store began being stocked with things that you couldn't trust to be safe? What if all the stores in your area started doing that? It removes the choice aspect from any free market argument.
    Again its all about undermining the faith the public has or had i the government. The government could potentially act as a force against the neo liberal individualist ideology but its currently too captured by individuals who buy into that ideology or worse. Government is not perfect by any means but it cam be a force to.improve the lives of working men and woman.

Markets exist because states define the parameters those markets operate within. The government orncivil society provides for common currency, contract enforcement, standardization of weights and measurements, defence from foreign invaders and really the most egregious interference defence of private property. Fact is all economies are planned as far back as surplus societies exist. In ancient Sumeria and babylon it was the temple priests and scribes who managed the systems that allowed the economies of those ancient societies. Its simple a question of who will do the planing. Wallstreet or a democratically elected government. The neoliberal project is to undermine the revolutions of europe in favor of a feudal landlord system.

When the classical liberals talk about free markets theyre talking about markets free of economic rent. When libertarian anarcho conservatards talk about free markets theyre talking about a market free for finance and the rentier class to extract as much wealth as they can. Free to exploit. Free to suck.blood.
    Last edited by Glorious Leader; 2016-12-08 at 12:47 AM.
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

The poor rural conservatives will be feeling the hurt the most. But when the economy starts failing a year and a half from the end of Trump's presidency, we can just blame it on Obama the next Democrat president we elect to fix all the problems Bush Trump creates.
    You tell us how it will be Batman. You are one big opinion piece.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Is this just like a reflex for you?
    I might say the same.
    Quote Originally Posted by Venant View Post
    I feel bad for all those 'protesters' at the Trump rally, it's like the real life equivalent of making a 40 man raid in WoW and not having the boss spawn, thereby denying them a chance at looting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    That's a nonsense argument that ignores what words mean.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GoblinP View Post
    What part
    You're adorable.

On tape in his 50s bragging about sexually assaulting young girls and women. Brags about "coming at" a married woman "like a bitch." Refers to a girl walking up to him as "it." Meanwhile his third trophy wife (/illegal alien) is at home pregnant.
    On tape multiple times bragging about how he would fuck his own daughter if he could.
    Forced to settle out of court after beating and raping his first wife Ivana.

That doesn't even touch all the other absolutely heinous shit he's guilty of. Like I said, whatever else everyone may think about him the fact is he was the perfect Republican candidate for president, as he obviously embodies the values of his party.
    Last edited by Espe; 2016-12-08 at 04:59 AM.
    There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge." - Isaac Asimov

You're adorable.

On tape in his 50s bragging about sexually assaulting young girls and women. Brags about "coming at" a married woman "like a bitch." Refers to a girl walking up to him as "it." Meanwhile his third trophy wife (/illegal alien) is at home pregnant.
    On tape multiple times bragging about how he would fuck his own daughter if he could.
    Forced to settle out of court after beating and raping his first wife Ivana.

That doesn't even touch all the other absolutely heinous shit he's guilty of. Like I said, whatever else everyone may think about him the fact is he was the perfect Republican candidate for president, as he obviously embodies the values of his party.
    Of course, Ivana debunked all of that herself, but what the hell? Even if 80% were accurate (heh), all it does is really put into context just how poor a job Democrats did of picking a winning horse.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormdash View Post
    all it does is really put into context just how poor a job Democrats did of picking a winning horse.
    Or maybe it just shows how well Republicans did disfranchising millions of US voters?

Trump got nearly the exact same amount of votes as Romney when he lost in 2012 and also lost the popular vote to Clinton by 2.8 million+ and counting.

But who cares about the US citizens who were successfully fucked by the Republicans, they better get used to it, right?
    There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge." - Isaac Asimov

Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    I will never stop laughing if the College gives it to Clinton.

I think youd stop laughing pretty quick. Unless you like the idea of the govt being overthrown and the Left fleeing the nation
    PROUD TO BE CALLED A CONSPIRACY THEORIST

Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    That seems like a strange prediction, given that it's conservatives who constantly extol the virtues of the Electoral College and emphasize the sanctity of the Constitution. Are you telling me that they'd rise up in open rebellion if a constitutionally designed system acted within its constitutionally granted authority?
    Well the Left is certainly not willing to live with results so why should the right?

I can almost guarantee you that if Trump were somehow screwed out of being named President that this country would explode into chaos and end up with the Right seizing control and the Left fleeing for Canada. Which actually kinda makes me hope they do try to screw Trump out of President.

Are you suggesting the left will instigate a civil war if the electoral college goes through with electing Donald Trump? Otherwise, I'm not sure what you're calling "not willing to live with the results" is on par with deliberately and explicitly tearing this country apart and then, from the sounds of it, potentially threatening or engaging in the extermination of political opponents.
    Who knows? Some people took to violence in response to his victory. Who knows how people will act with no recourse.

No recounts, no EC flips. Nothing left. Besides, don't you think people will feel justified going out to kill Hitler and his Nazis?

Are you suggesting the left will instigate a civil war if the electoral college goes through with electing Donald Trump? Otherwise, I'm not sure what you're calling "not willing to live with the results" is on par with deliberately and explicitly tearing this country apart and then, from the sounds of it, potentially threatening or engaging in the extermination of political opponents.
    The Left is trying to tear apart the country right now.The divide is great at this point. if they succeed in blocking Trump they will end up regretting it. The rights patience with the left at this point is very thin. When they see leftists demanding censorship and oppression of the right it pretty much makes the right want to drive them out of the country once and for all.
    Nobody said anything about genocide.

Elections have consequences.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    Who knows? Some people took to violence in response to his victory. Who knows how people will act with no recourse.

No recounts, no EC flips. Nothing left. Besides, don't you think people will feel justified going out to kill Hitler and his Nazis?
    He'd be one in a long line of demagogues that employed populism and was devoured by the monster he created, so nothing unusual.

Quote Originally Posted by Oktoberfest View Post
    The Left is trying to tear apart the country right now.The divide is great at this point. if they succeed in blocking Trump they will end up regretting it. The rights patience with the left at this point is very thin. When they see leftists demanding censorship and oppression of the right it pretty much makes the right want to drive them out of the country once and for all.
    Nobody said anything about genocide.

Elections have consequences.
    I don't understand why people use Left and Right to describe anything in politics. In the broadest sense it does describe something. But nothing precise enough to be useful in a conversation with any substance. It isn't much more than a strong narrative for simple minds. It's like sports. Randomly pick a team, probably the one your parents liked and cheer.

How is the left going to block Trump when Republican selected electors would have to defect?
    Let me add Neo-Cons in as well. Aka RINO's

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zmaniac17 View Post
    I don't understand why people use Left and Right to describe anything in politics. In the broadest sense it does describe something. But nothing precise enough to be useful in a conversation with any substance. It isn't much more than a strong narrative for simple minds. It's like sports. Randomly pick a team, probably the one your parents liked and cheer.

You are new to politics aint ya

Deleted
    You're adorable.
    What with being able to parse sentences?
    What part of Let do you not understand?