Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    My motivation is the fun of it. Sure some rewards are there but I just find it fun to PvP. I like BG's more than arena tho.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pie Eater View Post
    Have you read the planned frost mage "nerfs" ?!? It's like nerfing a hangman's rope by coloring it blue.
    Mr. Smith about the cost of Triple-spec
    3k gold right off the bat, about 5 silver a week later.

Deleted
    my motivation is just plain fun of pvping(rndm bgs and ranked arenas 3's mostly), the pleasure of actualy outplaying some1 (xpecialy the overtuned classes), but mostly just enjoing the class i play, playing arms warrior and alting destro lock.
    my tip to every1 QQing about something is op, something will allways be top tier and op and maybe even gonna require lower skill to play than other specs, best bet is to learn to play vs that combo(yes i know sometimes its near immposible to beat something, but up to 2.4k rating every1 CAN be outplayed), and most of all enjoy the class you play

Quote Originally Posted by Sencha View Post
    In the past, were you one of those guys that just pvp to get pvp gear and then roflstomped undergeared people in random bg? or were you trying to get past 2.4k+ rating where everyone had the same gear and you need skill to win?
    I don't think I was either of those.... I liked to play rated and casual. I would queue bgs/skirmish solo when I wasn't running rated (rbgs and arena). It is not about out gearing someone for me. It is about outplaying someone and if they beat me trying to figure out where I went wrong. If gear is not supposed to matter in pvp then it should truly not matter. No stat % boost from ilvl or high leveled artifact weapon both of which you have to pve for. It is the pve to pvp that is killing it for me.

I would be willing to argue we are still in a situation where a high ilvl/artifact player can roflstomp a fresh 110. I am not saying skill won't play into it but 10% stat boost and maxed artifact vs a fresh 110....... GG. So we are still in a similar situation only now you MUST pve to have the advantage and even through the pve it is all RNG. So if you aren't lucky guess what? MORE PVE!!!!!

If pvp was as lucrative as pve as far as AP and gear was concerned then maybe it would be a different story.
    Last edited by Bearilla; 2016-12-07 at 06:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Matejqo View Post
    The viscious mount atm, missing 40 3v3 wins and the end of season is close
    10 wins a day! Go Go!

Quote Originally Posted by Bearilla View Post
    If gear is not supposed to matter in pvp then it should truly not matter. No stat % boost from ilvl or high leveled artifact weapon both of which you have to pve for. It is the pve to pvp that is killing it for me.
    Yep. I think they should have made full distinction between pve and pvp regarding everything, skills included.

I like the fact that gear doesn't matter much, but they should have made gear not matter at all. I see through those threads that the very small advantage provided by gear only creates drama. And at least it would get rid of all those wannabe pvpers who do pvp just to get gear to feel like gods in wpvp.

I have made it ^^ now another season with new mount awaits

and a 2K mark in any bracket Id like to achieve
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Nothing. Without meaningful character advancement, my limited playtime cant be spent on an activity that offers me nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Krazzorx View Post
    The pvp artifact skins. Though I just do WQs for those.
    This. I just hit prestige 1 and I'm trying to grind my way back up to 50. At 8 already. I reeeeeally want the holy paladin pvp skin because it matches the season 11 pvp set perfectly.

Aside from that, there's no reason. I enjoy the casual BG from time to time but I like raiding a lot more than I like pvping. I do find random BGs really fun when I'm doing them without having to worry about the weekly but premade groups solve that so it's not an issue.
    Last edited by Taeldorian; 2016-12-07 at 11:14 PM.

Nothing anymore. The people I used to PvP with have all left and I don't really find it as fun as it used to be.

Usually just the elite gear and BG achievements. Gets pretty old when every game is double melee pveing someone down tho.
    Hi Sephurik

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    its fun i want the weapon skins it gives ap i want the mount its fun.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    I get a immense satisfaction out of killing disc priests.
    this i can get behind.

Mounts, achievements and weapon skins, in that order.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Saverem View Post
    There's an achievement for PvP WQs? Know the name?
    It's called Free For All, More For Me. Requires you to complete each free for all PvP world quest 20 times. Completion is retroactive from 7.0.
    Last edited by Chromell; 2016-12-08 at 05:36 AM. Reason: additional info

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Volitar View Post
    Usually just the elite gear and BG achievements. Gets pretty old when every game is double melee pveing someone down tho.
    if your not playing legion how are you pvping.......

Quote Originally Posted by piethepiegod View Post
    if your not playing legion how are you pvping.......
    I'm playing on 'other' servers as well as my reason for pvping in past seasons/expansions.
    Hi Sephurik

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Volitar View Post
    I'm playing on 'other' servers as well as my reason for pvping in past seasons/expansions.
    ah makes sense i guess.

What is the most funny about this thread is that I have literally zero will do PvE other than weekly LFR and doing Mythic 6-7+ ONCE a week (to get that chest).
    I mostly PvP and level my glad alts (to be able to show off those cool mounts sitting on dalaran when I AFK LOL).

The point is: You play whatever gives you the most fun, and I do so by PvPing, never really enjoyed PvE and LFR made PvE something I actually do once in a week which is nice - I get to experience the lore, which is something I enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by Sencha View Post
    In the past, were you one of those guys that just pvp to get pvp gear and then roflstomped undergeared people in random bg? or were you trying to get past 2.4k+ rating where everyone had the same gear and you need skill to win?
    I prefer dominating undergeared people. I don't give two shits about skill most times. But I also love large scale battle, not pissy small arena garbage. I don't see a challenge in keeping 3 people up, but keeping 40 people up? That gets my hooves frosty.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nuba View Post
    You play whatever gives you the most fun.
    Yes. This is a game. You play games to have fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Getting the pvp talents at first, then trying different combinations of regular talents+pvp talents.

My fun factor on holy paladin went up 10 fold when you get Avenging Crusader at 46, damage enemy players to mass heal allies.

However now I am trying to honor up a Vengeance DH and they just don't do good at all in battlegrounds when pvp is involved, they aren't tanks, neither dps, as the template just doesn't give enough of either.

The soul fragment/pain system does not work well in a heavy CC environment of pvp, it's not an auto regen energy/mana bar.
    Last edited by Teri; 2016-12-09 at 02:01 PM.

Crushing my enemies, seeing them driven before me, and hearing the lamentations of their women.