Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    happy to see this change

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel SnackyCakes View Post
    Glad to see Momentum fuck off. Most clunky piece of shit talent on DH. I enjoy DH but disliked having to use Momentum.
    Because one of the following most likely apply:

A) You didn't know how to use it properly
    B) You didn't give yourself enough time to learn it before rejecting it

Quote Originally Posted by Soulfròst View Post

Just because someone doesn't like something that you do, doesn't mean that they are bad.

10+ Year Old Account
    I dont think momentum is gone, especially if you go with prepared, wich nets you more 20% buff uptime, if i recall , 66% uptime if done it right (without blur reset)

Thing is, is demon blades still better than prepared? if it yes, but not by a good margin, then yeah, momentum will be anything but useless.

Also i cant see why pepople keep saying nemesis will be better than momentum for 2 targets. For purely ST, yeah, maybe, but anything with more than that, i really cant see it.

You guys should probably realize that even without the momentum talent, you will still use fel rush for DPS.

(FR executed 31 times over a 5 minute fight, single target, no MoMo)

I feel if you spec out of MoMo it's only going to raise the 'skillcap' of Fel Rush... needless to say 'good' players will always be using it for DPS, regardless of any talent setup... they would have to change the ability for it to be useless-- not the talents.
    Last edited by Blacken; 2016-12-08 at 07:12 AM.

If they made momentum useless the class is kind of without a niche at all. Momentum encapsulates what a DH is. Without it, it's a basic builder spender class with some odd dashing. Momentum should be best on any non single target fight Or single target fight where the hit box is big imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Management View Post
    RIP what made DH fun......
    Might as well play Rogue now, same thing, but better.
    ye without momentu DH will be boring as fuck - sad that they are pushing it but oh well same happened with monks rollercoaster because devs are clueless and have no backbone to how they design classes.

Quote Originally Posted by Blacken View Post
    You guys should probably realize that even without the momentum talent, you will still use fel rush for DPS.

I feel if you spec out of MoMo it's only going to raise the 'skillcap' of Fel Rush... needless to say 'good' players will always be using it for DPS, regardless of any talent setup... they would have to change the ability for it to be useless-- not the talents.
    You can't use a sim where you choose a talent to buff fel rush when trying to say you have to use fel rush without momentum
    People that don't want to use momentum wouldn't use fel mastery aswell

Quote Originally Posted by Ribesal View Post
    You can't use a sim where you choose a talent to buff fel rush when trying to say you have to use fel rush without momentum
    People that don't want to use momentum wouldn't use fel mastery aswell
    I'm not going to post every possible build

Even with Chaos Blade & Demonic Appetite, guess what-- Fel Rush is still a DPS gain, 5.9%, executed over 30 times (15 without demon speed), single target. Run your owns sims to verify.

I don't mind using fel rush in the rotation, I enjoyed it. What I hated was that rare occasion where I fel rush for momentum then something mechanically happens and I waste the momentum I like fel rush though, I think it's good

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulfròst View Post

I played it fine. It was just a boring and clunky talent.

Quote Originally Posted by Yhcti View Post
    I don't mind using fel rush in the rotation, I enjoyed it. What I hated was that rare occasion where I fel rush for momentum then something mechanically happens and I waste the momentum I like fel rush though, I think it's good
    You will hate it even more if something mechanically happens while you have Nemesis up. Reduces your "real" uptime of the damage buff tremendously.

I think that even with 25% Nemesis, Momentum has the potential to be stronger, since you can funnel nearly all your high hitting skills in it, which should come down to like 90% uptime for like 70-80% of your damage (don't quote me on the numbers, need to look at sims to find the correct numbers)

Burst Phase is definitely stronger with Nemesis though, so depending on fight length, this can also be a huge advantage.

I wonder if there's a way to give us back our amount of FRs without the blur mechanic on Live...

I doubt it's possible, but a "move X amount of yards, gain an additional charge", or maybe allow the charges to go up to 3 instead of 2?

Quote Originally Posted by andreasels View Post
    You will hate it even more if something mechanically happens while you have Nemesis up. Reduces your "real" uptime of the damage buff tremendously.

I think that even with 25% Nemesis, Momentum has the potential to be stronger, since you can funnel nearly all your high hitting skills in it, which should come down to like 90% uptime for like 70-80% of your damage (don't quote me on the numbers, need to look at sims to find the correct numbers)

Burst Phase is definitely stronger with Nemesis though, so depending on fight length, this can also be a huge advantage.
    Yeah. I don't raid so for m+, momentum all the way. Though i'll grab chaos blades, first blood and felblade. I find barrage I don't need as the AoE from havoc is more than enough without it, ill take that extra boss dps instead.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Colonel SnackyCakes View Post
    Glad to see Momentum fuck off. Most clunky piece of shit talent on DH. I enjoy DH but disliked having to use Momentum.
    I really like standing still just like all the other melees, but fel is so cool so I want it, finally DH fits the cookie cutter.

FTFY.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pigy View Post
    I really like standing still just like all the other melees, but fel is so cool so I want it, finally DH fits the cookie cutter.

FTFY.
    But you'll still use Fel Rush for fury generation/damage though

Quote Originally Posted by Yhcti View Post
    I'm kinda happy they finally made it not as strong as it was currently, means I can actually use it for movement rather than for dps. Though I can still see it being best for AoE, which is nice! I'm looking forward to Fel Blade and First Blood however.
    FR will still be used for damage, even st.

Quote Originally Posted by Svannas View Post
    FR will still be used for damage, even st.
    Yeah that's fine, I'll stick with Momentum anyway, it's just so easy for ST, AoE and Cleave to not use it. Nemesis affects 1 target until that target dies, for 5% extra dmg, it's not worth it unless it's a strict tank 'n spank single target patchwork fight.

Deleted
    Momentum is a talent not a class defining roll/niche/signature. Get a grips, Blizz will change stuff around all the time, so this upcoming patch gives the DH a chance to try other talents and ways to play, to hear all the angst on here about a talent build is unbelievable, we wouldn't even be having all this trouble if momentum wasn't the best choice for top dps at the start of Legion. Some people just need to see that and live with it.

>I'm kinda happy they finally made it not as strong as it was currently, means I can actually use it for movement rather than for dps. Though I can still see it being best for AoE, which is nice! I'm looking forward to Fel Blade and First Blood however.

Felrush will still be part of your DPS rotation, just means you'l blow both CDs of it off the bat.

I mean if you want to eat the DPS loss then use it for movement, but this change is awful. The only thing that made the auto attack play style bearable was the fact you had to focus more on setting up your next rush than you did building resources.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Iwantmymomo View Post
    Momentum is a talent not a class defining roll/niche/signature. Get a grips, Blizz will change stuff around all the time, so this upcoming patch gives the DH a chance to try other talents and ways to play, to hear all the angst on here about a talent build is unbelievable, we wouldn't even be having all this trouble if momentum wasn't the best choice for top dps at the start of Legion. Some people just need to see that and live with it.
    Momentum is a defining trait of a class that is suppose to be highly mobile. If you wanted to be a auto attacking lemming with a simple debuff go play ass rogue.

This is blizzard dumbing down the class for all the scrubs who can't handle basic hitbox manipulation and nothing more. Very depressing.