Page 27 of 78 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I Just wish they would make something about Unh sustained dps just a small buff to it alongside with the Wounds change would make the spec perfect

They said that with the bracers nerf they will be increasing the damage output of the spec as a whole so that with the bracers you lose nothing and without you gain a bit of damage. They pointed out that this is not in the ptr yet as well which is the important part.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxweii View Post
    They said that with the bracers nerf they will be increasing the damage output of the spec as a whole so that with the bracers you lose nothing and without you gain a bit of damage. They pointed out that this is not in the ptr yet as well which is the important part.
    Thats good to hear that solves everything wrong with unh then, or at least most of it

I Understand the need to reduce the gap between Unholy with and without bracers, but lets not cut off our nose to spite our face.

Unholy with Bracers AND belt would still be one of the "underperforming specs". However it is good to see them acknowledging some core issues that the bracers (and belt) do help solve. I look at the belt and bracers more as a "bad luck protection" than as a DPS increase.

you cant put up enough wounds and you certainly cant burst enough wounds without castigator and Bracers, add in that the belt reduces the cumulative effect of having 2-3 FS used on the pull and only putting up 4-6 wounds, but that also extends to anything you might target swap too as well, taking Helya as an example i would not ask a UHDK without bracers/Belt to swap to the Globules simply due tot he complete lack of dmg swap potential you would have without one of those 2.

Tuning has not yet happened. Iteration is still in effect. Put skyfall on standby.

Another ptr patch, no dk changes. They're leaving it late. Expect another tier of shit performance is where I'd put my money

Quote Originally Posted by Angeredsoul View Post
    Another ptr patch, no dk changes. They're leaving it late. Expect another tier of shit performance is where I'd put my money
    You really like to ignore blue posts don't you.

You really like to ignore blue posts don't you.
    What they say and what they do are two completely separate things. You can live in the clouds if you want, I'll believe we're fixed when those shiny notes say so. Not when some clown who looks like he's just finished pulling a few hits from the bong tells me they're looking into it.

What they say and what they do are two completely separate things. You can live in the clouds if you want, I'll believe we're fixed when those shiny notes say so. Not when some clown who looks like he's just finished pulling a few hits from the bong tells me they're looking into it.
    Angeredsoul... not just a clever name.

Quote Originally Posted by Slim1256 View Post
    Angeredsoul... not just a clever name.
    I should've rolled a warrior

You'll be angry for a while then especially considering today it was explicitly pointed out not all changes will be found in datamining

Wowhead has pulled the auras out for the currently affected specs

From the Q&A

*The reason for the variance in number of Festering Wounds is to create some variation in your rotation, adding some decision making.

Been thinking about this alot, because outside of Castigator the whole wounds system has no decision making worth note. Bracers asside if Scourge Strike/CS will only ever break 1 wound. the Entire decision making process around wounds only exists because of Castigator.

This was also apart of the reasoning on these very boards why Castigator should have the highest potential throughput since it was the most gear reliant (high crit) AND required the most amount of Micro-Management (wounds).

Just think about what the game play can/would be once we have Tier 4 if you take UF

50% of all death coils applying 1 wound (38-41 wounds applied simply from Death Coils on a 4 min fight)
    10% of all wounds burst auto proccing RC

after your initial 8 wound apoc, you might actually be able to apply another 8 wounds with FS and then never press FS again (over 2 min) due to IC/DC wound application and only breaking 1 wound per GCD with SS.

Actually makes me want to test the PTR for tier to see if this will actually become a thing with UF builds

apply 8 wounds then remove FS from your bars as you simply get by on SD, 4pc, 2pc procs while just auto attacking and rotating between DC-SS-DC-DC-SS-DC-SS

With CS you want to keep a higher wound count than normal, staying near 5-7 even without bracers as CS benefits from Scourge of Worlds more than SS does. It's a slight interaction, but it does make it so that it's not just apply wounds spend wounds.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vycaus View Post
    On the subject of Apoc popping 4 wounds, it's not going to be a dps loss as you would not have spent those runes on wounds. This is purely a QoL change.
    Of course it's a dps loss. You still need to use runes to pop those remaining 4 wounds instead of building new wounds and popping them.

Quote Originally Posted by paraalso View Post
    Of course it's a dps loss. You still need to use runes to pop those remaining 4 wounds instead of building new wounds and popping them.
    A loss of 1-2 festering strikes depending on talents.

Quote Originally Posted by paraalso View Post
    It will end up coming out dps nuetral as we will have more resources to use during the time the ghouls are summoned with their increased damage taken debuff. The short sightedness on this is incredible.

7+ Year Old Account
    Nothing for DK's snapshots buff, so Outbreak and Gary should just be cast as is.
    Some slight amendments to what you were doing.

Army 6s before pull - Outbreak - Gary - DT - Defile - FS to 8 wounds - Apoc

That's it for opener, from there on it's a priority system.
    >70 runic I DC till empty, especially hoping for a SoW proc. When you get SoW you would stop dumping runic and use CS till empty on wounds or till buff expiration (this is why you usually wana hover around 5-6 wounds for what you aim to apply). Defile obviously used on CD, same with DT and Apoc as normal. Gary used on CD, likely will end up benefiting from 2 Defile buffs if you time it correctly/are dropping Defile right off CD.

Might be something I am missing, but those are ammendments that would likely improve damage overall. This is talking without the legendary helm or bracers or anything. Obviously with say the helm you would prioritize DC more whenever you can so that you reduce Defile's CD more.
    Thank you for this man

Without your staunch defence of the Mastery build, i wouldnt have enjoyed Unholy as much as i do now

Quote Originally Posted by Helwinter View Post
    Wowhead has pulled the auras out for the currently affected specs
    It should be noted that the DK class does not have an aura associated at this time, which means what you see is what you get. I think you guys are delusional if you think that there are going to be any substantial buffs to move DK up the hierarchy.

Well there is an aura, but it doesn't have any ability modifiers on it yet. Or at least not any that can be separately datamined.

http://www.wowhead.com/spell=137007/unholy-death-knight