Page 5 of 49 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucifuger View Post
    Damnit why do I have to look at this. I really shouldn't sub to this while I'm playing WoW but damnit...I was a Final Fantasy fan before a blizz fanboy..goddamnit. Sometimes I just really miss FF14 and this looks so good.

I do hope they don't prune abilities though, I may be in the minority but I enjoyed having bars full of stuff and more involved rotations. I think WoW was always more twitch based, eg; you watching procs..I think both games' combat systems have their own layers of nuance and no I don't want to add fuel to the game vs game debate.
    They are removing some merging a few abd changing classes a bit(one interview mentioned a warrior charge bar for instance instead of stacks)

Overall I trust yoshi p FAR more then I trust any blizzard Dec

Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    They are removing some merging a few abd changing classes a bit(one interview mentioned a warrior charge bar for instance instead of stacks)

Overall I trust yoshi p FAR more then I trust any blizzard Dec
    Mini rant warning ahead:

I still play WoW but I kinda feel this way too. One alluring thing I've had other WoW players who also play FF14 (or did) tell me is that FF14 is way less extreme with class balancing and nerfing. Its very upsetting for me to just play classes I enjoy thematically only to be punished for being very powerful for a period (warlocks in MoP) OR ..even worse, having my class completely changed for the sake of change for a new expansion. I think its fine to add on to a class for a new expansion or work out bugs but its really been hitting my WoW morale now that I've realized if I get use to a class' playstyle its most likely going to change vastly for the next expansion and it doesn't matter how I feel about this because the head WoW devs just "know better". I don't hate WoW at all though, I've sunk so much time into it and I like blizzard a lot,

I'm just feeling frustrated..I think for FF14's flaws it has (or had, stuff has no doubt changed in my absence) that Yoshi P has genuine passion and sincerity for his project. I know many of the heads of the WoW team care a lot...I just have a difficult time really trusting them anymore, its hard to explain.

From what i've read it looks more like the goal is adding new spells but keeping the number around the same. For example lets say you have 16 buttons for a full PS4 crossbar. One spell may be something like Featherfoot, a 30 second defensive buff. Useful but not really interesting. So you take that, remove it from the spell list and make it a passive for certain jobs. Maybe it just procs at like 70% health in combat and doesnt do it again for another 90 seconds or something. Then you hit lvl.64 or something and get a new active spell that changes up your rotation a little like armour crush for example and that replaces featherfoots space.
    Same number of skills but the less proactive ones are passive allowing for the new 60-70 leveling to give you more fun active stuff to use.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mini rant warning ahead:

I still play WoW but I kinda feel this way too. One alluring thing I've had other WoW players who also play FF14 (or did) tell me is that FF14 is way less extreme with class balancing and nerfing. Its very upsetting for me to just play classes I enjoy thematically only to be punished for being very powerful for a period (warlocks in MoP) OR ..even worse, having my class completely changed for the sake of change for a new expansion. I think its fine to add on to a class for a new expansion or work out bugs but its really been hitting my WoW morale now that I've realized if I get use to a class' playstyle its most likely going to change vastly for the next expansion and it doesn't matter how I feel about this because the head WoW devs just "know better". I don't hate WoW at all though, I've sunk so much time into it and I like blizzard a lot,

I'm just feeling frustrated..I think for FF14's flaws it has (or had, stuff has no doubt changed in my absence) that Yoshi P has genuine passion and sincerity for his project. I know many of the heads of the WoW team care a lot...I just have a difficult time really trusting them anymore, its hard to explain.
    Yeah I sooo get what you mean man. In my case I left wow some time ago I came back for the start of legion but yeah... I feel the wow teams lost their passion for the game.

As for class revamps it is oNE reason I am tired of wow

Another thing is SE will buff underperformed classes not nerfs the fuck outta other ones. And they are more measured in buffs/nerfs and I like thay

Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    Yeah I sooo get what you mean man. In my case I left wow some time ago I came back for the start of legion but yeah... I feel the wow teams lost their passion for the game.

As for class revamps it is oNE reason I am tired of wow

Another thing is SE will buff underperformed classes not nerfs the fuck outta other ones. And they are more measured in buffs/nerfs and I like thay
    I think this is a late bump but yeah...I am so close to just unsubbing to WoW but I'm so on the fence because I've put so much time in and money into it. I'm just..really fed up with the bipolar class balancing and having to suffer due to pvp when I don't even pvp that much at all.. I really just want to be able to play a class/spec I enjoy. I think WoW does many good things and some better than FF14 but I'm reaching this point where I feel WoW really may just not be the game for me anymore but I still want an mmorpg and I love Final Fantasy.

I played WoW from Vanilla to Mists of pandaria almost every day. It was the game i played when i was not playing single player games. Seige pushed me away because i find orcs in WoW to be cringe worthy neckbeard power fantasy stuff, then i tried WoD for a month and found myself mid raid going "this isn't fun, what the hell am i doing?" and i quit and never played it again. I was still giving it a chance because of my previous experiences and the world i loved, but that team isnt making the new content and the content they were making wasn't good in my experience. So i stopped. I considered my time a very good run for a game and the 'what is worth fighting for' scene with the emperor in pandaria was a good 'end' for my paladin.
    I was also put off FF as a whole because of the abysmal "decade of lightning" where a mediocre rock paper scissors game with unlikable characters was such a resource void they had to keep pushing lightning out to make their money back, up to and including taking a valkyrie profile sequel and a chrono trigger sequel and making them into 13-2 and Lightning Returns instead to make money back on all the wasted assetts produced by Toriyamas "everyone must sit in eyesight of Lightning at all times or be fired, for she is pleasing like a rose" north korean style machine. I heard about "final fantasy 4.0" and assumed it was more of a series i once loved turning to churned out brand loyalty trash for fanboys that pay for a name with no regards to quality and didn't touch XIV till ARR when it ended up being my new mmorpg of choice.

Point is times change and you shouldn't let time put into WoW make you beholden to it if you enjoy it less now. My characters are still there and if Blizzard somehow turns it around and makes the game fun again i can go back to them anytime i want. No game should feel like a hostage situation because of a brand name on the box, take it from a silent hill fan sometimes its just not worth it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think this is a late bump but yeah...I am so close to just unsubbing to WoW but I'm so on the fence because I've put so much time in and money into it. I'm just..really fed up with the bipolar class balancing and having to suffer due to pvp when I don't even pvp that much at all.. I really just want to be able to play a class/spec I enjoy. I think WoW does many good things and some better than FF14 but I'm reaching this point where I feel WoW really may just not be the game for me anymore but I still want an mmorpg and I love Final Fantasy.
    I want to tell you a little about how i started to play wow: So once upon a time, i went to the game store to buy ffxi.
    Im a real FF lover played close to them all, but they guy at the store didnt have it. So he recommended world of warcraft, a bit sceptic i took the game home with me. I loved it. I was hooked. Years later FFXIV was announced, i was so hyped......untill ive read reviews and stuff. so i kept playing wow.
    Some months later ive heard ffxiv is going te be ended/remade.
    And the FFXIV:ARR was born, i was already bored with wow (again) that i decided to buy the game. It was awesome, the mq story is awesome , everything is. So i played a bit around, and friends from wow needed me (asked me back) . Thus i returned to wow. ( We are going fast forward a bit) returned to ffxiv:arr:heavensward, returned to wow, we are now at that moment 3-4 weeks back: I have spend prolly thousands of euros on wow, i now have deleted wow, put a sub on my ffxiv account and loving it more then the last years of wow. Maybe i outgrew the game, but i just feel that ffxiv is more adult.

tldr

suspend wow - activate ffxiv sub
    The Monk Phenomenon

Yeah its not worth it to keep playing just because you spent all that time there if you're not enjoying it now. I have thousands upon thousands of hours in WoW and most of that come from Vanilla-WoTLK when I was a teenager playing it.

I will say that I don't blame the developers for this and mostly blame the way current day gaming demographic is. Really the community is what made it great back then. These days people I find don't really play for fun and more so just to tick of the boxes. I know some people enjoy that but really that's all the game (and gaming) has become in the last 6 years. It lost its spontaneous nature that the community brought to it back then. I remember all the little player made events the community would have such as the Grand Mammoth Parade.

In the end its just not the same. Some people will argue that the game is the best it ever has been which I can agree but it lost a lot of what some players loved about the game in the process.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aruhen View Post
    Yeah its not worth it to keep playing just because you spent all that time there if you're not enjoying it now. I have thousands upon thousands of hours in WoW and most of that come from Vanilla-WoTLK when I was a teenager playing it.

I will say that I don't blame the developers for this and mostly blame the way current day gaming demographic is. Really the community is what made it great back then. These days people I find don't really play for fun and more so just to tick of the boxes. I know some people enjoy that but really that's all the game (and gaming) has become in the last 6 years. It lost its spontaneous nature that the community brought to it back then. I remember all the little player made events the community would have such as the Grand Mammoth Parade.

In the end its just not the same. Some people will argue that the game is the best it ever has been which I can agree but it lost a lot of what some players loved about the game in the process.
    I put it this way wow is the most refined it has ever been...but it has no soul.

Like I truly feel ore cata you could almost feel the creators passion. But after cata it just isn't their anymore

Yeah I enjoyed parts of Cata but you can tell the game was going in a different direction. MoP funnily enough I was almost subbed through the entire time as I really enjoyed it but not for the same reasons. WoD was a total of four months with three of them being just because of the token and I'd quit after a few days. Legion has held me for two months but the boring class gameplay and artifact system stopped me from enjoying it.

I just hope the FFXIV team doesn't go down the same path as it and WoW are really the only two games of any worth left in the genre.

Lol I was just looking at my character from WoW. 40+ kills on average per boss for anything WotLK and before. 20~ up to MoP and 1 in WoD and up. Heh.
    Last edited by Aruhen; 2016-12-08 at 12:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    I played WoW from Vanilla to Mists of pandaria almost every day. It was the game i played when i was not playing single player games. Seige pushed me away because i find orcs in WoW to be cringe worthy neckbeard power fantasy stuff, then i tried WoD for a month and found myself mid raid going "this isn't fun, what the hell am i doing?" and i quit and never played it again. I was still giving it a chance because of my previous experiences and the world i loved, but that team isnt making the new content and the content they were making wasn't good in my experience. So i stopped. I considered my time a very good run for a game and the 'what is worth fighting for' scene with the emperor in pandaria was a good 'end' for my paladin.
    I was also put off FF as a whole because of the abysmal "decade of lightning" where a mediocre rock paper scissors game with unlikable characters was such a resource void they had to keep pushing lightning out to make their money back, up to and including taking a valkyrie profile sequel and a chrono trigger sequel and making them into 13-2 and Lightning Returns instead to make money back on all the wasted assetts produced by Toriyamas "everyone must sit in eyesight of Lightning at all times or be fired, for she is pleasing like a rose" north korean style machine. I heard about "final fantasy 4.0" and assumed it was more of a series i once loved turning to churned out brand loyalty trash for fanboys that pay for a name with no regards to quality and didn't touch XIV till ARR when it ended up being my new mmorpg of choice.

Point is times change and you shouldn't let time put into WoW make you beholden to it if you enjoy it less now. My characters are still there and if Blizzard somehow turns it around and makes the game fun again i can go back to them anytime i want. No game should feel like a hostage situation because of a brand name on the box, take it from a silent hill fan sometimes its just not worth it.
    I understand you, I've been a silent hill fan too since that day in 1999 when my sister forced me to rent the first game and play it, practically at gun point . I ended up loving SH but the analogy works.

I'm just going to unsub now and go back to FF14. Its what I want to do anyway.

I see you already went ahead and decided to unsub from wow and (re)sub to this game; chalk me up as another person who had dumped thousands of hours into WoW over the course of a decade (~600 days /played last I recall checking befor quitting) and I've had zero issue with having dropped WoW for FF14. Hell, if I get bored with this game, I'll just fart around on GW2 for some time until Stormblood arrives. WoW is pretty much dead to me as of WoD. Legion will be the first xpac for it I don't play at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazela View Post
    I see you already went ahead and decided to unsub from wow and (re)sub to this game; chalk me up as another person who had dumped thousands of hours into WoW over the course of a decade (~600 days /played last I recall checking befor quitting) and I've had zero issue with having dropped WoW for FF14. Hell, if I get bored with this game, I'll just fart around on GW2 for some time until Stormblood arrives. WoW is pretty much dead to me as of WoD. Legion will be the first xpac for it I don't play at all.
    I still raid in WoW but I agree FFXIV is a much better game. All the RPG elements, the journey and the pacing of WoW has been going downhill for almost a decade now. It's all about numbers now, the magic just isn't there in the way it used to.

Yup, I literally just resubbed right now to FF14, patching it. I actually feel really good and I'm excited to continue on with the story stuff, I was only level 50 last time I played.

Well have fun, the Ramuh, Shiva and Leviathan stories are all really good.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    Well have fun, the Ramuh, Shiva and Leviathan stories are all really good.
    dont forget "An end to the song"
    The Monk Phenomenon

Deleted
    Yup, I literally just resubbed right now to FF14, patching it. I actually feel really good and I'm excited to continue on with the story stuff, I was only level 50 last time I played.
    Οoooh boy you got a looong (but very enjoyable) road ahead of you!!
    Hit us up with your impressions of the story as you level. Trust me it's really reeeeally good ;D

Dude you are gonna love it. Story is one of the best things about this game.

Quote Originally Posted by Vidget View Post
    I still raid in WoW but I agree FFXIV is a much better game. All the RPG elements, the journey and the pacing of WoW has been going downhill for almost a decade now. It's all about numbers now, the magic just isn't there in the way it used to.
    Yup; for a while I felt the magic went out the window as of Cata (and I still think it did to some extent), but then WoD happened and...well, to continue on that path would consist of game bashing, so I'll leave it at that.

Depending on where you left off at level 50, you may have a ways to go before you reach HW content.

On that note, do you have HW? If not, I'd go ahead and pick it up. That way, the remaining level 50 MSQ will give you a decent amount of xp. May not be as big a factor now as it was at HW launch, though (I recall doing literally every side quest in HW and I still had to spam run dungeons to reach 60).

On that note, do you have HW? If not, I'd go ahead and pick it up. That way, the remaining level 50 MSQ will give you a decent amount of xp. May not be as big a factor now as it was at HW launch, though (I recall doing literally every side quest in HW and I still had to spam run dungeons to reach 60).
    I ignored all the sidequests while doing the HW MSQ and there were only a few times I needed XP. I was using the levelling roulette some, but not constantly. These days, if you need XP, you can just do POTD a little to fill in the gaps if you don't wanna bother with the sidequests.