Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    I am sorry, but why would you ever cheat on an account you spent so much money on? That's just...I have no words for that.

Quote Originally Posted by masteryuri View Post
    You guys are insane if you think botting for 1 hour should get you permabanned
    Yes it should. Cheaters have no place in this game.

Deleted
    29 000 euros?

I think blizzard did you a favor by banning you. Not even kidding.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think it's most impressive you had 30k € to spend as a child. Also that you didn't take a single screenshot in 12 years.

Blizzard's hard stance on botting is the only possible one and that entails no leniency. If you really don't care about money, a new account is under 10€ nowadays; why not move on that way?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by danildoen View Post
    I have played this game since 2004.

I have spent 29 000 euros on blizzard games during this time ( keep in mind transactions are not kept track of past 2010 ) I spent huge amounts on name changes before 2010 ( i changed name on every 3 days when the cooldown went of )
    ------------------

During 12 years I broke the rules 1 time. I archeaology botted for 1 hour, decided it was not for me and stopped. This was exactly 5 years ago and 300 days.

Later i was cought in a major banwave and i was permenantly banned.

-----------------

I grew up on the account. That was my childhood.

I mail blizzard every year, i phone them and I send letters. I am not asking them to unbann me, i broke the rules.

But is it REALLY to much to ask? I have given them my life savings. ALL i want in return is to be able to take one godamn screenshot of my character to bring with me as i move on with life, as a memory.

Are they really that f*ing cold?
    In ny guild we have strict rules against botting. We just recently lost two long time members who had apparently been botting more then once. They recieved a 1,5 year ban. I dont understand why you where permabanned for one offence. That being Said ud your story is true i feel for you

Quote Originally Posted by masteryuri View Post
    You guys are insane if you think botting for 1 hour should get you permabanned and I'm talking as someone who has never used any kind of bot. Then is it fair that people who abused world boss only get seven days? give me a break.
    Not really. Rules are there for a reason. Exploiting is handled differently to botting. As was case with the whole AP tirade.

Deleted
    €29000 ?? Are you serious?

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Or he could not cheat?
    Obviously, but I think that botting for one hour does not warrant a permanent ban. A big ban, like 1 year along with a warning that if spotted again to bot, will get perma-banned, seems much more logical to me.

Why let you? When you create your account back in 2004 didnt you read that is not your account? Everything belongs to blizzard.They can take any account they want from any player they want, any time they want. And we cant do a thing about it. Plus you cheating.

Quote Originally Posted by Well View Post
    Obviously, but I think that botting for one hour does not warrant a permanent ban. A big ban, like 1 year along with a warning that if spotted again to bot, will get perma-banned, seems much more logical to me.
    Or again. He could not cheat in the first place? Should be no logical argument to it or any counter argument. OP cheated, OP got banned.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Botted and got banned. The fact that people cheat/hack/exploit worse and aren't caught does not excuse you. You got what you deserved and are a good example to discourage others from doing the same.
    Paladin Bash has spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Apply that to 5 million players.
    "You can break the rules, but only once!"

And: No one is perma-banned for botting on the first time. It scales up until perma, but those banwaves get you for 6 months first or something like that.
    Sure, it is not practical at all if applies to big numbers, but cheaters would not have the luxury of being instantly served. Far from it. They anyway would get a ban for a long time, so there is time for blizzard to process what they need to.

Quote Originally Posted by PaladinBash View Post
    Botted and got banned. The fact that people cheat/hack/exploit worse and aren't caught does not excuse you. You got what you deserved and are a good example to discourage others from doing the same.
    Exactly. My first account got banned because I botted. Did I feel the need to make a thread about it or think I didn't deserve it? Like hell I didn't. Also if you think Blizzard give two shits about how much money you threw into the account. Newsflash they don't. You chose willingly to throw a large quantity of money at the account.

I will clue you into four important facts:

First: The mmo-champion forums are absolutely the last place you should ever go looking for sympathy (especially with "facts" like yours)

Second: Getting a screenshot of your character screen is not going to make you feel any better. Move on.

Third: The game is completely different than when you played. Your memories are not re-creatable.

Fourth: You can always open a new account if you are hard core jonesing.

Quote Originally Posted by Cæli View Post
    1. create a new acc on the same btag to have access to the items and don't cheat
    2. use the armory or the api to generate a list of what you achieved on the old character
    I doubt thats what the OP is truly interested in...

Quote Originally Posted by Draainaai View Post
    I think bans for botting last half a year or something.
    At least that i have from someone who was banned for using one half a year ago, so you might want to just reason with them about unban if those things are true.
    Seems to vary, last year Guildmate got banned for botting (fishing or something silly) and when he called in about it, they said it was a perma ban. Another guildmate got recently banned for botting and it was also perma. Seems they are more free with the perma bans now.

Of course, I have no way of knowing how much or how often they were really botting. Just the usual, I only did it a few times etc etc.
    Last edited by Mad_Murdock; 2016-12-08 at 01:33 PM.

Deleted
    Or again. He could not cheat in the first place? Should be no logical argument to it or any counter argument. OP cheated, OP got banned.
    Apparently, it is waaaay too much to ask of some people to not cheat.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendra View Post
    Apparently, it is waaaay too much to ask of some people to not cheat.
    I find it amusing people in this thread think it's justifiable and only worth a 1 year ban.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendra View Post
    Yes it should. Cheaters have no place in this game.
    Perma ban, no. The 6 months OP likely got as part of a banwave? Sure

Like, are you following? We are talking about a punishment imposed for a crime committed. There is no option of not cheating. We are far away from that.

I don't think we are getting the full story here... Archaeology 'botting' isn't a instant permanent ban, unless you have 'marks' on your account prior to the incident. You honestly came to the wrong place for a pity party.