Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragnokk View Post
    The stat changes are not as bad as you all are screaming. I am 87.45% Mastery live, 85% Mastery on PTR.
    You are so slow. They buffed all items to give 5% more stats yesterday.

So I hopped on my GFs Arms Warrior to see if I could figure out what's going wrong with her dps - no buffs no food no flask no hero drum.

ilvl 868, two legendaries but it's the leap legs and the running boots

First attempt doing the rotation strictly - but not perfecting the opening - got stuck somewhere around 140-160k dps and thought 'wtf' and disengaged from dummy

After a few more attempts I just perfected the opening of charge + FR -> CS + FR -> BC -> MS -> blah blah

Brought it up to around the 240k range. Never was able to break 300k no matter how lucky.

She's loaded with mastery - about 84% or so

What am I doing wrong that all these people claiming 350k dps ST at ilvl 855 are not?

edit: Bonus question - are you supposed to save BC until you have a CS to line it up? Or Warbreaker? What about using leap with legs for just the debuff but without the shattered defenses? I've been using BC whenever it's up especially when rage starved regardless of whether or not CS is up - seems like otherwise you end up sitting there without CS coming up and waiting for it for BC could take ages.
    Last edited by Merkicus; 2016-12-07 at 08:40 PM.

Well first, hitting the dummy means no execute phase which is tremendous for arms. That's 9-16% of your damage right there. Second, no pots or bloodlust which are both big as well. Third, plain old RNG and 350k ST consistently is ridiculous at 855 -- you're not going to see that without insane luck -- MAYBE with bloodlust and two old wars, and top end RNG. 200-290k sounds like a standard RNG arms range on a target dummy at 868 ilevel.

Especially she/you don't have gloves or ring and both these serve as I like to say -- "bad luck protection." Having a drought of procs? Without these legs, you're straight up fucked. With the former, you are swamped with rage to force procs with and with the latter you get consistent large free (pseudo-rage) consuming executes that force proc tactician a lot of the time.

Good mastery for 868 though.
    Last edited by Anbokr; 2016-12-07 at 08:53 PM.

Well, was fortunate enough to get the gloves yesterday during our Mythic clear... and honestly it is like night and day playing with them now. I had assumed that the statements from people saying you'd be swimming in rage were hyperbole... yea, no - not at all. The gloves 100% make the spec. Don't think I could ever go back now having had played with them. I'm interested to see how the 10 rage refund as opposed to 15 plays out come 7.1.5.

Well fuck me, have the boots, wrists aaaaaaand the pants. This System is just broken af.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiksn View Post
    Well fuck me, have the boots, wrists aaaaaaand the pants. This System is just broken af.
    It really does suck man. Legion would be 100% more enjoyable if there was just a Kadala or some sort of targetting, even if it took months to actually hit the target. It feels terrible knowing you have no control over the 0.0001% chance to improve your dps by 40-70k.

Bracers --> sephuz --> neck here.

my alt, hit level 110 6 days ago, doing a random BG for the weekly quest

LOL.

Deleted
    Did we get some Dev answer about the tested "Ayala's Stone Heart" (exe proc ring) ppm-nerfs? It's really been a while now and it's still not listed in any legendary item changes as far as I've seen.

Quote Originally Posted by Bebbl89 View Post
    Did we get some Dev answer about the tested "Ayala's Stone Heart" (exe proc ring) ppm-nerfs? It's really been a while now and it's still not listed in any legendary item changes as far as I've seen.
    It's 2.25 per minute if I remember correctly. Went from 3 (live) -> 2.0 (ptr before) -> 2.25 (ptr now)

The initial nerf from 3 to 2 was never posted anywhere from what I've seen, but from Mondays Data mining post http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/...age=3#comments it shows the slight reduction of the nerf to 2.25 PPR.

Below Warrior changes is Professions and then "Item Effects" second on the list

Ayala's Stone Heart Your attacks have a chance to make your next Execute cost no Rage and be usable on any target, regardless of health level. Approximately 2 procs per minute. 2.25 procs per minute.

I know it sounds retarded, but after seeing that it is ret bis because of Blessing of Might, has anyone tested Aran's Ranged/Caster Trinket for Arms? We have 2 sources of shadow damage (Artifact use, Corrupted Blood) and one ranged attack (Heroic Throw).

The only way to grab one is doing Aran with a ranged that can drop it tho :P
    US-Azralon Rise Above
    Main: Ferozan

FFXIV: Lannile Polebows

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DOUBLEXBAUGH View Post
    The initial nerf from 3 to 2 was never posted anywhere from what I've seen, but from Mondays Data mining post http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/...age=3#comments it shows the slight reduction of the nerf to 2.25 PPR.

Below Warrior changes is Professions and then "Item Effects" second on the list

Ayala's Stone Heart Your attacks have a chance to make your next Execute cost no Rage and be usable on any target, regardless of health level. Approximately 2 procs per minute. 2.25 procs per minute.
    Oh ok, so currently we stand at a 25% nerf to Ring and 33% to Gloves.
    Seems like we're winning the Legendary Nerf race
    - DH-Ring nerf reverted entirely
    - DK Bracers 20% nerf
    - Pyro nerf probably pretty hard as well, but difficult to tell due to Icy Floes potential removal

- - - Updated - - -

Something different: I think they said they started number-tuning, but that would mean they are kinda done with big changes, right? No Point tuning, when you're gonna mess with stats more.

So the question is about Mastery being super strong: In this case they won't change that anymore, will they? I mean it'll change compared to Strength, but not the other stats so far since all stats are being nerfed. Just kinda wondering about item choice for the near future, should probably look at itemlvl more now than sockets.

Oh ok, so currently we stand at a 25% nerf to Ring and 33% to Gloves.
    Seems like we're winning the Legendary Nerf race
    - DH-Ring nerf reverted entirely
    - DK Bracers 20% nerf
    - Pyro nerf probably pretty hard as well, but difficult to tell due to Icy Floes potential removal
    keep in mind the arms t19 set bonuses are very good, and both ring/gloves have synergy with the set, so I imagine this is a response to that ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Blacken View Post
    keep in mind the arms t19 set bonuses are very good, and both ring/gloves have synergy with the set, so I imagine this is a response to that ^^
    the set is good, it will help us to stay top tier single target spec (with decent luck on wf high myth+ mastery items for our non set slots). But will it be enough to compete with others on bosses with trash (where we cant throw all our cd's on 1 aoe burst with stromkar+BS) or cleave fights (i just cant imagine using SS over dauntles, even now with not nerfed gloves it will cause rage starving and dps loss). And i dont think the "you cant be good in everything" thing fits in our situation. Now our single target dps could be higher by about 10-40k above other classes (not talking about godly shadow priest masters and kings) with fckng freaking best luck for tactician, but if you fight emerald dragons, xavius, odin, helia, elereth, cenarius (without bursting second phase before second sisters) you will find yourself under alot of classes by much more than 10-40k, im talking about myth ofcourse, where adds live long enough to put their hp in multi-doters scada. *grim thoughts*

Quote Originally Posted by Beart View Post
    the set is good, it will help us to stay top tier single target spec (with decent luck on wf high myth+ mastery items for our non set slots). But will it be enough to compete with others on bosses with trash (where we cant throw all our cd's on 1 aoe burst with stromkar+BS) or cleave fights (i just cant imagine using SS over dauntles, even now with not nerfed gloves it will cause rage starving and dps loss). And i dont think the "you cant be good in everything" thing fits in our situation. Now our single target dps could be higher by about 10-40k above other classes (not talking about godly shadow priest masters and kings) with fckng freaking best luck for tactician, but if you fight emerald dragons, xavius, odin, helia, elereth, cenarius (without bursting second phase before second sisters) you will find yourself under alot of classes by much more than 10-40k, im talking about myth ofcourse, where adds live long enough to put their hp in multi-doters scada. *grim thoughts*
    I don't main warrior atm, but doesn't Naj'entus make you top-tier 3+ AoE?

they did buff rend, fervor of battle and sweeping strikes as well, so I think your multi-target / AoE options going into NH is going to be very good

Quote Originally Posted by Caath View Post
    You are so slow. They buffed all items to give 5% more stats yesterday.
    Dont recall seeing that, either way, the stats are the same today. Perhaps, you are too quick to judge.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnokk View Post
    Dont recall seeing that, either way, the stats are the same today. Perhaps, you are too quick to judge.
    The stats aren't the same as live, Arcano Crystal went from 807 to 847 for example, Renferal helmet (880) went from 1715 to 1801.. Which in both cases is at or around 5% increase. And for good measure I just logged into the PTR and checked it hadn't been reverted back and nope it's still the same with the 5% increase in stats across the board.

In other news it's not shown on the front page but the Legendary trinket took a considerable nerf to the on-use, going from a 1.2m tooltip to a 724k tooltip damage.
    Last edited by Bigbazz; 2016-12-08 at 07:25 PM.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

That's good, should be a lot more balanced now. Still going to be absolutely bonkers on any AoE fights, but at least it won't straight up 100% compete with ST legendaries.

Quote Originally Posted by Anbokr View Post
    That's good, should be a lot more balanced now. Still going to be absolutely bonkers on any AoE fights, but at least it won't straight up 100% compete with ST legendaries.
    I do wonder if they overdid it. While doing pure single target (but with the legendary trinket hitting a 2nd target) it was only doing as much damage as an 865 Spontaneous Appendages in my test tonight. The best single target hit went from 3.2mil to 1.5mil and it feels as if the range is smaller though I can't confirm that but I was sure it was hitting the 3rd dummy before, now it only hits 2.

At ilvl881 running 4set + Legendary Gloves. Of course it's still better than Appendiges since you can choose where to put the damage, it scales massively on AOE and the trinket has really high stats. But it's also a Legendary with +45 ilvl difference.
    Last edited by Bigbazz; 2016-12-08 at 09:04 PM.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Deleted
    A quick question, unrelated to the trinket discussion.

Is it me, or is arms warrior terribly squishy? Open World PvP is one thing - i get stomped regularly without ANY chance of fighting back. Monk stun - dead. I only got 1,7 million hp while most other melee specs i see range around 2,5.
    But to top it off, it is even while questing. I just did the sixtrigger quests in Stormheim. The goblins were actually unbeatable for me even without changing strategy. I had to do it as prot, which was an absolute breeze.

And the gilded market in suramar is the most terrible place i have ever seen in wow. No chance to beat two of the mobs there, and if you are spotted there are like a thousand that want to smack you >.<Farming Tyrs Hand in classic was way more relaxing than that.

Itemlevel is 843 and i got 14 traits unlocked - i am quite fresh at max lvl. Is this the problem? Just gear? Or is anything wrong with my playstyle? Dont know if that counts, but dmg in dungeons ranges around 160-180k on bosses.