Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Flurryfang View Post
    You know what pre-casting does right? I can't cast flame shock faster because it is que up after the Lava burst, so whenever my character can cast again, he will cast flame shock.

But it might just be my PC being slow. Would love to see soe video of somebody doing this

- - - Updated - - -

It very much seems like people are getting different results here. Might be a bit bugged then from the side of Blizzard.

- - - Updated - - -

I think this is only how things work for frost mages and not anyother caster.

But i can only tell of how my character reacts. Might be different for other PCs, which have a much lower ping and a much higher FPS.
    It is all specs. For Legion they changed when attack information was locked in. Until now the instant you used an ability the damage was locked in no matter how long it took that ability to hit the target. Now it isn't calculated until it actually hits the target. It is a rather large change because it alters how people potion or time use items like rings, necklaces and trinkets. Even if you have insane lag or other issues it doesn't change how the system works just how it appears on your end do to lag disguising the chain of events.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Shauren View Post
    For all spells in wow such effects have always been determined on projectile launch, frost mages only gained the exception in Legion
    it worked for frost mages like this in/from cataclysm too.

Very clearly remember just about every good mage saying to cast a frostbolt then use your elemental freeze whilst it was midair to get a shatter combo off that couldn't be broken out of / dispelled in time.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    It is all specs. For Legion they changed when attack information was locked in. Until now the instant you used an ability the damage was locked in no matter how long it took that ability to hit the target. Now it isn't calculated until it actually hits the target. It is a rather large change because it alters how people potion or time use items like rings, necklaces and trinkets. Even if you have insane lag or other issues it doesn't change how the system works just how it appears on your end do to lag disguising the chain of events.
    Again i have yet to see it work on other then frost mages From what i can see on the elemental community site, this is the same experience that others have But i might have missed a hot fix or something, so would love to see a video of somebody doing it
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

This is why I like EB for world questing. I hate having a dot as an opener. Feels lame and by the time LvB lands i am being attacked. Much better to open with EB, FS then LvB.

Lol how is this a 2 page debate? I've been playing ele since legion dropped and it is decided on cast, not on hit. There have been plenty of times where I tried to sneak a FS on the target before the projectile landed and it doesn't always crit. Sometimes it still does, but that's because you have crit chance. But it's not a guaranteed crit.

Deleted
    Im sitting in class hall doing LB into shock.

It doesnt work.

/thread

Quote Originally Posted by Flurryfang View Post
    Again i have yet to see it work on other then frost mages From what i can see on the elemental community site, this is the same experience that others have But i might have missed a hot fix or something, so would love to see a video of somebody doing it
    Fire mages use this to get 5 stacks of pyretic incantation casting combustion once cinderstorm is in flight making all hits crit. MM can do it with potions after sidewinders have been fired. Locks with chaos bolt. It is the way attacks work dmg is determined by buffs and debuff at the time of impact. If you can't duplicate it you are messing up the timing, standing to close or are playing on dial up in the middle of the woods.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyonis View Post
    I'm thinking of leveling up an ele shaman next. I recall reading somewhere that frost mage shatter effects got changed for Legion, but I don't remember nor seem to be able to find the details.

How does this effect lava burst and flame shock? Is it worth casting lava burst before flame shock to pull things?
    It is on cast. It used to be on hit. You used to be able to cast lava burst and then flame shock; however, this is not the case anymore. I'd start my rotation like this on pull: Totems -> Lightning Bolt-> FS -> Lava Burst. Of course your totems should be before the pull and Lightning Bolt should be right on 0 of pull.

Fire mages use this to get 5 stacks of pyretic incantation casting combustion once cinderstorm is in flight making all hits crit. MM can do it with potions after sidewinders have been fired. Locks with chaos bolt. It is the way attacks work dmg is determined by buffs and debuff at the time of impact. If you can't duplicate it you are messing up the timing, standing to close or are playing on dial up in the middle of the woods.
    If all of this is true, then lava burst + flame shock interaction is an exception because the auto-crit is 100% determined on cast, not on hit. It's a very easy thing to test after all, which is what I just did, 96 average FPS, 46 average MS, absolute max casting range from target dummies in the shaman class hall, took off all of my gear, queued flame shock during lava burst cast. I attempted this 20-25 times and lava burst only crit on a handful of tries, in-line with the base crit chance of the spell without flame shock.

Quote Originally Posted by scudmuffin View Post
    If all of this is true, then lava burst + flame shock interaction is an exception because the auto-crit is 100% determined on cast, not on hit. It's a very easy thing to test after all, which is what I just did, 96 average FPS, 46 average MS, absolute max casting range from target dummies in the shaman class hall, took off all of my gear, queued flame shock during lava burst cast. I attempted this 20-25 times and lava burst only crit on a handful of tries, in-line with the base crit chance of the spell without flame shock.
    Yet in this thread people have said they can always crit.

Those people are incorrect, here I even made a video demonstrating this: http://plays.tv/video/58489d27700997...hock?from=user

7+ Year Old Account
    Make a video of you doing it mate It is sadly hard to believe you, when i am trying it out ingame with around 50 ping and not getting crits, also when professional sites talk nothing about this and have no talk about this combo being useable. Look up Icy Veins elemental guide and look at the opener. I would believe that the first lavaburst would be comboed with the first flameshock if this was possible.

Again, i am very open for this to be possible, but proof really need to be shown.

- - - Updated - - -

Those people are incorrect, here I even made a video demonstrating this: http://plays.tv/video/58489d27700997...hock?from=user
    And there we have proof.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

7+ Year Old Account
    Yep, obviously my recount was lying to me when it said I had 30 Crits and 0 Normal hits...

Damn that sneaky recount!

Quote Originally Posted by Ghrog View Post
    Yep, obviously my recount was lying to me when it said I had 30 Crits and 0 Normal hits...

Or RNG is RNG, or you misread your recount.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghrog View Post

I just posted a video proving you wrong, if you'd like to rebuke with your own video evidence, by all means.

It's on cast. If you don't have it on before cast, then your chance for a crit is = to your crit%.

Anyone saying otherwise is wrong.

This debate went on for waaaay too long lol

What if .... just what if ....
    The 100% crit chance for LvB is on cast, but the damage increase effects are on landing?
    Considering a miss requires a different visual, it's not absurd to assume crit/hit/miss is calculated on cast, but actual damage is on the spell landing ... with the exception of Shatter being both, so they had to make an exception either way.

it's always on cast... why would even some people claim it's on impact? do they even ele?!

Quote Originally Posted by Shammyrock View Post
    If you cast LvB then FS I'm pretty sure it'll crit as long as FS is up on impact.

Likewise if it drops off before impact it wont.
    False, tried and tested I'm afraid, FS has to be on the target before the cast for it to be critical, although on icy veins the rotation is recommended to begin with lava burst opening 1 second before the pull, then to apply FS after the encounter starts.

I could be wrong, but when I messed around with elemental in MoP I'm pretty positive it was on impact.