Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    I wasn't meaning anything about platforms, what I meant is all rumors is the whole 30th celebration packages and all of that stuff. It hasn't been officially announced or confirmed. They have a source, but there can be many reasons where their sources info might not be accurate. So it's a rumor at this point.
    I have no doubt there will be a 30th, and for someone whos never played any of them id love this, but the whole thing of it only being PS i think is incorrect.

Crap..the 1-9 package is PS4 only? Hrmm.

May pick one up in a few months once 1. these rumors are verified or not and 2. when tax season hits (for US folks at least). My TV pretty much never gets used, so having a console with maybe some fighting and racing games to entertain guests (and it would also double as a DVD/Blu-Ray player) wouldn't be a bad idea.

Of course I could opt for the dirty E word, being I play on PC primarily...

Quote Originally Posted by Kazela View Post
    Crap..the 1-9 package is PS4 only? Hrmm.

May pick one up in a few months once 1. these rumors are verified or not and 2. when tax season hits (for US folks at least). My TV pretty much never gets used, so having a console with maybe some fighting and racing games to entertain guests (and it would also double as a DVD/Blu-Ray player) wouldn't be a bad idea.

Of course I could opt for the dirty E word, being I play on PC primarily...
    Tbh I don't see how it matters. 1-9 aren't gonna be affected in any way by a PS4. As long as they fix some stuff with 7 and 8 I'm happy.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    I have no doubt there will be a 30th, and for someone whos never played any of them id love this, but the whole thing of it only being PS i think is incorrect.
    Who knows it may come to PC/XB1 later like the 7 remake for example.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    And why is a PS4 "crappy"? Got quite a few decent exclusives. Bloodborne, Last of Us and Ratchet and Clank to name a few.
    To be fair I'm done with consoles. Too few worthwhile exclusives to justify the expense. I'd rather just use my PC.

Consoles are worth it at least at the end of their life span when they become cheap and most games can be picked up for 10-20$. That is for PC gamers.

Quote Originally Posted by Aruhen View Post
    Consoles are worth it at least at the end of their life span when they become cheap and most games can be picked up for 10-20$. That is for PC gamers.
    Debatable. I would say I have gotten my worth out of my PS4 when I bought it and brand new games when they came out.

Good point... a PS 4 'might' be worth it next year. On a side note... do you have to subscribe to a PS Network to play your games?

Quote Originally Posted by Kalium View Post
    Good point... a PS 4 'might' be worth it next year. On a side note... do you have to subscribe to a PS Network to play your games?
    Only online multiplayer. Some f2p mmos are an exception and FF14 is because that is already a sub game. I don't play online much so I don't need it. Only three games I know that need it to go online are Destiny, ESO and The Division. I'd guess Call of Duty and Battlefield would but I don't play those so I wouldn't know.

Deleted
    Crystal Complete Edition. It will be only available in limited quantities in the Square Enix’s website for PS4. Crystal Complete Edition will include:
    Games: Final Fantasy 30th Anniversary Collection titles (FF I to IX), Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD, Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age, Final Fantasy XIII Trilogy, Final Fantasy XV (and all DLC), Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn (including all expansions + a 3 month subscription). Special items for Final Fantasy XI Mobile and Final Fantasy XIV will be included as well.
    Physical items: all the content included in the Collector’s Edition, two extra discs for the soundtrack, a crystal necklace, a Moogle plush, a Black Mage statue, all three Final Fantasy Trading Card Game starter decks, Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children, Kingsglaive: Final Fantasy XV and Brotherhood: Final Fantasy XV. Everything will be packed in a luxury chest decorated with the Final Fantasy logo.

Read more http://vgleaks.com/final-fantasy-30t...rsary-roadmap/
    I might consider taking a credit card just to get my hands on this treasure chest in order to keep it intact all my life and then when I will grow old I will hide it somewhere and trigger a fucking one piece rat race with said chest being the main prize.

Debatable. I would say I have gotten my worth out of my PS4 when I bought it and brand new games when they came out.
    Sorry the way I said it was wrong. I meant it mostly from a PC gamers point of view not just in general. Most games come to PC these days either day in day or soon after. Why get a console when almost all of the games out there worth playing are on PC? Unless you're a big fan of a franchise such as Persona 5 you can probably wait until they're really cheap since you have basically the same stuff a console player has in terms of library.

For multiplayer games outside of F2P and sub based games but you also get a few "free" games every month with it.

Sorry the way I said it was wrong. I meant it mostly from a PC gamers point of view not just in general. Most games come to PC these days either day in day or soon after. Why get a console when almost all of the games out there worth playing are on PC? Unless you're a big fan of a franchise such as Persona 5 you can probably wait until they're really cheap since you have basically the same stuff a console player has in terms of library.

For multiplayer games outside of F2P and sub based games but you also get a few "free" games every month with it.
    Honestly yeah most PS4 stuff is at 30 fps among other things but it doesn't bother me. Got Fallout 4 for example for PS4 among other games that are locked to 30. And no I'm not one of those people who spout the nonsense of "human eye can only see upto 30". 30 fps or 60 I'm happy with either. I can play it just fine. Basically I'm not fussed what I play on as long as I'm enjoying it is what I'm kind of trying to say.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2016-12-08 at 03:45 PM.

Yeah everyone has their preference. I personally have a beefy PC but got GTA5 for my PS4 a few weeks ago. Why? Because that's a type of game I'd rather lay down in bed (my PS4 is connected to a TV infront of my bed) and just screw around in. On the other hand something like FFXIV or Skyrim I'd rather sit infront of my monitor with my full attention given to it and just be totally immersed into the world.

Either way we're getting a bit off-topic I think ;P.

Tbh I don't see how it matters. 1-9 aren't gonna be affected in any way by a PS4. As long as they fix some stuff with 7 and 8 I'm happy.

- - - Updated - - -

Who knows it may come to PC/XB1 later like the 7 remake for example.
    It matters to me personally because I don't have a PS4 at this time, but having given thought to buying a console in general, it wouldn't be a terrible thing to have since I could have other games on it (namely fighting, racing and/or sports games) for some shoulder to shoulder multiplayer fun if I have guests over.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazela View Post
    It matters to me personally because I don't have a PS4 at this time, but having given thought to buying a console in general, it wouldn't be a terrible thing to have since I could have other games on it (namely fighting, racing and/or sports games) for some shoulder to shoulder multiplayer fun if I have guests over.
    Why not just play them on PC? :P All of them except one and two are on Steam.

Why not just play them on PC? :P All of them except one and two are on Steam.
    I suppose I could. I only remember seeing 7 and maybe 8 and 9 on there last time I checked.

Edit: I am a moron for not realizing they've added a lot more of the FF library to Steam. Still wonder what the 1-9 disc would cost though.
    Last edited by Kazgrel; 2016-12-08 at 04:43 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Life-Binder View Post
    12, 15 & 7 Remake will all be on Steam 100%, eventually
    Still no word on World of Final Fantasy though

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    Is it real? I've been disappointed by leaks in the past so I'm reluctant to get my hopes up.
    It's a rumor, but nothing about it is remotely surprising or unexpected.

Next year is the series' 30th anniversary, so a collector's set of games makes sense. PC ports of FFI and FFII also make sense, as most of their mobile ports have already been ported to PC, and that would allow them to have a FFI-X bundle on Steam, too.

PC ports of Chrono Trigger and Final Fantasy Tactics: War of the Lions make sense for the same reason, considering they've both already been ported to iOS and Android (with FFT even getting new HD sprites).

2017 is also the 20th anniversary of Final Fantasy VII, so it's obvious that they'd be targetting the launch of Final Fantasy VII Remake for 2017. That's surely one of the main factors for their choice to develop it in Unreal 4 and release it episodically.

And given that they've ported virtually everything else to PC, including FFX/X-2HDR, it's no surpise that they've got plans to port FFXII:TZA to PC. There's an obvious demand for FFXV on PC and they've discussed doing a PC port before. And FFVIIR is being developed in Unreal which will make porting easier, and there's also going to be a huge demand for it on PC.

I wish there was a pc version.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    It's a rumor, there's been nothing even resembling a confirmation yet.

Nonetheless, I really hope it's all real... and now I feel old ><
    I had the ff1 issue for Nintendo Power magazine.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Still no word on World of Final Fantasy though
    Seeing how that only released on Ps4/Vita I think it will stay Ps4 exclusive....

But I could be wrong.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

I've been hoping they'd put out a special edition package PS4/FF games bundle when they released 7, feels like they might do it with this 30th anniversary thing instead. I'll pick it up if they do and I can score one, since I haven't gotten a PS4 yet.