Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dankdruid View Post
    resulting to personal attacks because you realise you are wrong but it is easier for you to throw insults over the internet than to admit you are wrong.

lool awkward
    If you consider that jest a personal attack then you must be a very soft, gentle soul. No wonder you keep whining.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Icehotshot View Post
    *Plays mw and rdruid*

*Has same rating on both*

Somehow monks are overpowered??????????? I am lost.

There better because I changed to a different word. Makes your statement seem even more ridiculous.

If they were "overpowered" you wouldn't be the same rating on both. You are the one that seems ignorant.

I don't want to say this xpac is "balanced" because that is not the correct word, however I have seen more classes and specs in 3s this season than almost any other. It not like you hit 2200 and its all rmd/p, you actually see other classes and comps this season. It honestly seems like everyone is complaining about things just to complain. Find a class you like and if you aren't bad you can play it to a decent rating.
    Quote Originally Posted by Saverem View Post
    If you consider that jest a personal attack then you must be a very soft, gentle soul. No wonder you keep whining.
    interesting opinions. this convo has desolved into a 'you did'nt agree so i will insult you' shambles. i will not entertain trolls when i am trying to discuss an important topic.

Quote Originally Posted by Appelgren View Post
    If outplay means you have to be 2700 rated to kill a 1500 monk because of their class mechanics then sure...

Monks are op. Stop defending it. You look stupid!
    Monks are strong against melee. As soon as they go up against caster comps, their strengths are neutralized somewhat.

Playing LSD this season and having no problem with MW Monk teams. Hpals are a lot more annoying to me tbh.

I haven't seen a spell having their CD changed in PvP. Only changes they make is an internal numbers change. They don't actually change the mechanics of an ability.

If they increase roll CD for example, it'll effect PvP and PvE.
    The only way they do this atm is by nerfing PvP talents.

Quote Originally Posted by Sin Cara View Post
    They are only broken in rated BGs. People are probably complaining because of battlegrounds.
    In arena they aren't as bad once dampening sets in. Mistweaver is probably one of the easiest healers to play though.
    Played a lot of LSD/LSD2 against Monk teams and they always rot super quick once dampening sets in.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Helltrixz View Post
    You want to give monks more utility, better mana and better survivability in exchange for reduced mobility. We get it, but I think cata, mop and wod were shit enough, I don't want more homogenization. I'd rather be weak playing a monk that is different to other healers than being the same as them.
    i never suggested those once. i stated the problems please do not build arguments off of false statements.

7+ Year Old Account
    If you think monk is OP then you need to learn how to play against them. They don't have a damage reduction while stunned like pretty much all other healers do. Monks are the most vulnerable of them all when stunned. And once you get near the 30% dampening you can burst through their bubble(cocoon) on quite a few classes. They don't have a ranged interrupt, no offensive dispels and quite a few more things are lacking vs some healers. For all that they get good throughput healing and great mobility. They usually can't do as much damage as some other healers can because they do most of their damage when in melee range and that's really not where you wanna be as a mw.

Now a lot of times you see people running at a mw and a good mw will easily spot it. Instead you want to cc him first before you switch so you can get to him without him running away, popping heals on himself etc. For example as a WW monk you sap him first into ToD(get the macro so you stop auto att and he will still be sapped) into leg sweep into your burst. As a mage you can poly him first, you can also poly 1 dps which he'll probably dispell and on your next sheep he'll think your just doing the resheep but then you sheep the mw instead. And so you can keep on going. Create an opening where he is stunned, if he's running adaptation you make sure you either use a 4 second stun beforehand instead of 5, like cheap shot instead of kidney, FoF instead of leg sweep or proc it before you switch with some other form of cc. try to dispell enveloping mist during and shortly after the burst. It will either force cocoon and on a bit higher dampening you'll just get the kill.

Also something that I find quite funny as well is that quite often people chase a mw( already not the best situation) but then after not reaching him within 15 seconds they give up. Usually after you've chased a mw for around 20s on a bit of a mobile class they've run through most of their mobility. I mean if you're gonna do something do it well.

If you're just gonna run straight at him without thinking just doing your pve rotation like a boss yelling OP OP OP! you'll have a hard time, and you deserve it.

I haven't played my mw in any serious content in the past 3 weeks but did a lot of rated pvp on my mw before 7.1, so I'm not defending my own spec or anything I mostly play ww, rdruid and fmage these days. I switch it up quite a lot to keep it interesting.
    Last edited by Rascal Bob; 2016-12-06 at 09:57 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lateralsx5 View Post
    They aren't squishy, not more than resto shaman or priest. The only tanky heal is paladin or resto druid when they know when to switch to bear form.l
    Monks have no damage mitigation spells outside of 1 talent choice, all other classes have at least 1 if not more. It's really not hard to burst down a monk once you CC them. I'll agree that some healers are very OP, but really monks are just anti-melee healers casters can destroy them in a few seconds.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rascal Bob View Post
    If you think monk is OP then you need to learn how to play against them. They don't have a damage reduction while stunned like pretty much all other healers do. Monks are the most vulnerable of them all when stunned. And once you get near the 30% dampening you can burst through their bubble(cocoon) on quite a few classes. They don't have a ranged interrupt, no offensive dispels and quite a few more things are lacking vs some healers. For all that they get good throughput healing and great mobility. They usually can't do as much damage as some other healers can because they do most of their damage when in melee range and that's really not where you wanna be as a mw.

Now a lot of times you see people running at a mw and a good mw will easily spot it. Instead you want to cc him first before you switch so you can get to him without him running away, popping heals on himself etc. For example as a WW monk you sap him first into ToD(get the macro so you stop auto att and he will still be sapped) into leg sweep into your burst. As a mage you can poly him first, you can also poly 1 dps which he'll probably dispell and on your next sheep he'll think your just doing the resheep but then you sheep the mw instead. And so you can keep on going. Create an opening where he is stunned, if he's running adaptation you make sure you either use a 4 second stun beforehand instead of 5, like cheap shot instead of kidney, FoF instead of leg sweep or proc it before you switch with some other form of cc. try to dispell enveloping mist during and shortly after the burst. It will either force cocoon and on a bit higher dampening you'll just get the kill.

Also something that I find quite funny as well is that quite often people chase a mw( already not the best situation) but then after not reaching him within 15 seconds they give up. Usually after you've chased a mw for around 20s on a bit of a mobile class they've run through most of their mobility. I mean if you're gonna do something do it well.

If you're just gonna run straight at him without thinking just doing your pve rotation like a boss yelling OP OP OP! you'll have a hard time, and you deserve it.

I haven't played my mw in any serious content in the past 3 weeks but did a lot of rated pvp on my mw before 7.1, so I'm not defending my own spec or anything I mostly play ww, rdruid and fmage these days. I switch it up quite a lot to keep it interesting.

Hum actually they have dampen harm which as been greatly buffed in the PTR. Usable while stunned

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tanthoris View Post
    Monks have no damage mitigation spells outside of 1 talent choice, all other classes have at least 1 if not more. It's really not hard to burst down a monk once you CC them. I'll agree that some healers are very OP, but really monks are just anti-melee healers casters can destroy them in a few seconds.
    they do have the 10% DR everytime they channel, not a big DR but its practically usable without CD

7+ Year Old Account
    Hum actually they have dampen harm which as been greatly buffed in the PTR. Usable while stunned

- - - Updated - - -

they do have the 10% DR everytime they channel, not a big DR but its practically usable without CD
    We're talking about current patch or at least up until now, and on current patch every monk takes healing elixers. Also we're talking about damage mitigation while stunned, you aren't channeling while cc'd.

10+ Year Old Account

Lol DH only reduces damage for 3 hits, and the 10% from the artifact hardly makes up for the fact that you can get bursted down in a few seconds during CC. All other healers have much better DMs without having to use talents or rely on their artifact.

Again, not asking for buffs, they just don't need a nerf. Mobility is their niche in pvp, just chase them down until they use up all their mobility then CC them and burst and it's GG.

Can't nerf one without nerfing the other.
    Except you can.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JoshuaNLG View Post
    Except you can.
    Not on something like mobility that has no numbers to tune. Name a single mobility ability that change when going from PvE to PvP. Only place they'd be able to hit them on are their PvP talent mobility.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanthoris View Post
    Lol DH only reduces damage for 3 hits, and the 10% from the artifact hardly makes up for the fact that you can get bursted down in a few seconds during CC. All other healers have much better DMs without having to use talents or rely on their artifact.

Again, not asking for buffs, they just don't need a nerf. Mobility is their niche in pvp, just chase them down until they use up all their mobility then CC them and burst and it's GG.

Yeah the current dampen harm. But on the PTR its a 10 seconds DR that goes from 20% DR to 50% DR depending on how big the attacks are

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    i play mw and resto druid both 2300+ 2s and 3s

mw monk are overpowered. utility/mobility is way superior to other healers. anyone arguing that is just arguing for the sake of it.
    If your 2300+ on both then you have a problem with your comp on Rdruid.

I play MW a lot and once dampening hits, most of the times we lose. Nothing more annoying then going against LSD's.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Trematode View Post
    If your 2300+ on both then you have a problem with your comp on Rdruid.

I play MW a lot and once dampening hits, most of the times we lose. Nothing more annoying then going against LSD's.
    please do not spam old threads with comments that are irrelevant to the conversation.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    please do not spam old threads with comments that are irrelevant to the conversation.
    How is it irrelevant to the conversation?
    I'm telling you what weakness MW has against certain comps and the problem they have when it hits dampening. If MW loses some of their mobility then give them stronger healing outputs to compensate, I don't really like that method because it detrails from the difference between healers. One good thing about MW now is how different they are to other healers which help them become more fluid on certain comps, being more mobile with less healing output.

Why don't you have any arguments?
    Most of your replies on this thread are "This is irrelevant to the topic" "Your stupid if you think MW is not OP" "Your are doing personal attacks to me blah blah" "Why are talking about Rdruid blah blah"

Try to be more constructive instead of giving snarky responses like the ones I stated above.

Not on something like mobility that has no numbers to tune. Name a single mobility ability that change when going from PvE to PvP. Only place they'd be able to hit them on are their PvP talent mobility.
    They don't need to tune the mobility, they can leave it as is and adjust the healing in PvP to compensate, because MW are arguably the strongest healer in RBG's.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Trematode View Post
    How is it irrelevant to the conversation?
    I'm telling you what weakness MW has against certain comps and the problem they have when it hits dampening. If MW loses some of their mobility then give them stronger healing outputs to compensate, I don't really like that method because it detrails from the difference between healers. One good thing about MW now is how different they are to other healers which help them become more fluid on certain comps, being more mobile with less healing output.

Why don't you have any arguments?
    Most of your replies on this thread are "This is irrelevant to the topic" "Your stupid if you think MW is not OP" "Your are doing personal attacks to me blah blah" "Why are talking about Rdruid blah blah"

Try to be more constructive instead of giving snarky responses like the ones I stated above.
    reported for derailing the thread, if you want to know about me, pm me and i will tell you. this thread is not the place to do so, and making up quotes i have not said to give yourself some kind of a strawman argument is also rule breaking.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    reported for derailing the thread, if you want to know about me, pm me and i will tell you. this thread is not the place to do so, and making up quotes i have not said to give yourself some kind of a strawman argument is also rule breaking.
    Why would I want to know you? Why would I even PM you? How am I even derailing the thread?

I'm here discussing MW stuff since that's what the topic is about. It's about MW mobility issue right? So I'm only here discussing the problems that they face.

Tell me this since your 2300+ on both Rdruid and MW. Which one do you have an easier time dealing with Wizards?