Deleted

Help me with my assa dps pls

//EDIT: Wrong forum, move into Rogue forum pls

Armory:
    eu battle net/wow/en/character/aegwynn/Leynirog/simple

Log Guarm Hero:
    www warcraftlogs com/reports/TxWc2X1BQDpN9fqt#type=damage-done&source=18

-> can´t post links, gotta add the dot within the links ^^

and i just did Guarm hero on my holypriest with a rogue with pretty similar gear:
    www warcraftlogs com/reports/a6GHWb7MVwACNc3F/#type=damage-done&source=7

So the advantages compared to him that i see are following:
    * he has the legendary belt (not even 3% of the dps though)
    * he uses potion of the old war, i used prolonged power twice (how much of a difference is it)
    * he has nightbane chest + kara endboss trinket
    * he has 5% dmg from artifact lvl 35, mine´s 29 right now (or 30 dno)

but that aren´t like 70k dps, right???

What i saw is, he seems to use envenom with 5-6 combopts, while i keep up EP up the whole time using it with 2-3(4) combos.

Any other suggestions what´s wrong from my side??? can´t really see it :O

Also the start burst of him is much higher than from me, don´t know how though.

Can you guys see any mistakes, any improvements???

Seems like he just got better gear than you. You're performing pretty close to what the sim is saying.
    legendary belt = 10k dps
    5% dmg = 20k dps
    nightbane chest and trinket = probably around 10k dps.
    and old war > prolonged power.
    All the small things adds up.

Get some more mastery and spec ago poison and you will probably close the gap a bit.
    Last edited by woba; 2016-12-08 at 06:55 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by woba View Post
    Seems like he just got better gear than you. You're performing pretty close to what the sim is saying.
    legendary belt = 10k dps
    5% dmg = 20k dps
    nightbane chest and trinket = probably around 10k dps.
    and old war > prolonged power.
    All the small things adds up.

Get some more mastery and spec ago poison and you will probably close the gap a bit.
    hmmm... so is poison better now singletarget? i thougt AP is better singletarget tho :O

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcay View Post
    hmmm... so is poison better now singletarget? i thougt AP is better singletarget tho :O
    I reckon he meant "Master Poisoner". If you spec MP/AP, you still play AP on ST. MP becomes way more viable the more mastery you get. Theoretically it should be stronger than EP/AP on ST cause it extremely scales with mastery. I do play MP/AP as well with like ~155% mastery with food. Yesterday i was in LFR on Nythendra and i outperformed an EP/AP rogue by approx. 60k. Well i didnt get Rot or shit tho but in LFR i wouldnt have moved anyway, so i think the other rogue pretty much did the same. To be mentioned, i am 871 and he was 881. He also messaged me right after the fight to ask me if i was playing MP, lol.
    Last edited by mmoc4da4e39cc6; 2016-12-08 at 11:13 AM.

nevermind. Thought you had Exsanguinate as your armory shows it. Didnt look closely enough at your log. Sorry
    Last edited by woba; 2016-12-08 at 11:41 AM.

Deleted
    ye but what i don´t get is, literally every rogue on warcraftlogs play elaborate planning :O so exactly the same specc as i do...

i mean most of them have useful legendaries while i only got the crappy pants.... but still ..

also #3 overall rogue plays with memento.... i kinda feel memento is bad since you got ~~ 10% uptime on all 3 buffs.. which is (let´s say it´s a decent but not perfect one) a 10% uptime on 4500 haste/crit/mastery

since i´d rate haste like almost useless (almost) i feel like constant 450 crit 450 mastery is outperformed by a trinket like my constant 1005 versatility, no?
    i mean if you´re unlucky you don´t have the crit/mastery buff while using cds.. my 1k vers is always active... yes both could procc during your cds, but how often does it really happen?

i got a 850 memento myself, but i feel like the 1k vers is slightly better...

for me simc gives me the following stats:
    agi: 12,59
    crit: 9,35
    vers: 8.84
    mastery: 8,15
    haste: 5,28

is mastery really that much better the more you get?

i´m so confused right now cause everybody seems to say something different ... ^^

I get the same sim values, it puts vers and mast very close. Ive tested both as ap/EP 44%crit 88% mast 10% vers and 42% crit 110% mast 6% vers. Both are very close in numbers so I would listen to the Sims.

The nightbane chest and EoC trinket are amazing, it's a 6% crit which is pretty insane. I also believe it's been said that unless you have the legendary wrist using which ever trinket has the highest agility is probably best. If you have the wrist, blood thirsty is BiS.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tvp6987 View Post
    I get the same sim values, it puts vers and mast very close. Ive tested both as ap/EP 44%crit 88% mast 10% vers and 42% crit 110% mast 6% vers. Both are very close in numbers so I would listen to the Sims.

The nightbane chest and EoC trinket are amazing, it's a 6% crit which is pretty insane. I also believe it's been said that unless you have the legendary wrist using which ever trinket has the highest agility is probably best. If you have the wrist, blood thirsty is BiS.
    As he says, vers and mastery are pretty close, thats absolutely true. I guess its due to your gear set-up why vers sims better than mastery. My drops included more mastery than anything else from the very begining which kinda detemined my path. I couldnt really choose since i dont have good vers gear at all and thats why i i Play MP/AP with about 155% mastery which aint that bad. But honestly i would still go for mastery instead of vers with EP/AP if you take the upcoming changes into consideration.

- - - Updated - - -

And btw., just test ur trinkets on a dummy. Its the best way. Since Mementos uptime is pretty low you actually might be doing better with ur flat stats trinkets. But thats easy to find out

Compared you to my own log (99 percentile):

- You didn't use pandemic on your 2nd Vanish Rupture
    - You use Kingsbane way to early in the opener, if you cant maintain the Envenom buff then dont use it. Which means after your Vanish Rupture you use Kingsbane.
    - Use 5-6 CP Envenoms as AP, only use 3-4 Envenoms when Envenom buff is about to drop off when you have Kingsbane up.

Quote Originally Posted by Atylia View Post
    - You didn't use pandemic on your 2nd Vanish Rupture.
    I might be in the wrong here, but I always thought that using pandemic on a nightstalkered rupture is a bad thing as it will refresh it with the non-vanished version , loosing dps on the last few ticks. Thus you should always let buffed ruptures tick to the end. Or is that not how it works?

Quote Originally Posted by Avengerx View Post
    I might be in the wrong here, but I always thought that using pandemic on a nightstalkered rupture is a bad thing as it will refresh it with the non-vanished version , loosing dps on the last few ticks. Thus you should always let buffed ruptures tick to the end. Or is that not how it works?
    Correct, thats not what I meant though.

I meant the 2nd time your Vanish comes up, you again start with a ~3cp rupture into a 6cp vanish rupture.

Quote Originally Posted by Avengerx View Post
    he meant that you want to make sure you pandemic a prior rupture when you start a new nightstalkered rupture.

Deleted
    soooo...

basically i bring out the best possible dps out of my gear? except for that vanish thingy?

should i switch my gear to mastery? i got a 855 agi / mastery trinket and a memento 850... should i switch the flat agi vers out?

should i get mastery enchants and gems? or is it fine atm the way it is?