Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dmfg View Post
    If they communicated accurately then 99% of their replies would be either "your sims are garbage" or "this player is terrible at playing his spec", and the community would go into a nerd rage like we have never seen before.
    Perhaps their sims ARE garbage. I can't think of anything off the top of my head, but there are times that I feel like some of the top players understand their respective classes better than developers actually do. I would say the one example the comes to mind that is recent and relevant are the upcoming changes to secondary stats. Players figured out (because of sims) that sometimes passing up a higher ilvl item with greater primary stats, in favor of a lower ilvl item with lower primary stats and better secondary stats, results in an increase performance output.

Quote Originally Posted by dmfg View Post
    There are players who believe that they are playing their spec at a top level and the only reason they are performing terribly is because their spec is bad/the Sims are wrong/etc, and frankly it's in blizzards best interests to maintain that illusion.
    If the goal is to maintain that illusion, why bother allowing us to track and collect data on our performance at all? Why not remove that ability and we can simply *trust* that Blizzard is doing the best they can. Which is basically what we are doing now anyway, because they dismiss us out of hand and the data we collect and report in favor of their "superior" data collection, sims, or testing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by UcanDoSht View Post
    GC openly spoke out against LFR not so long ago, and how'd he make it different. Try backing up your facts if you like them so much.
    Yes he did. It was in that segment that he took full responsibility of it. Which is why he was talking about it at all. He was being very PC and talking about the things HE would change about WoW that HE was directly responsible for.

Reading comprehension is your friend. Nice try though. His devoted zealots like to completely gloss over that part. The hard on is real.

Here is a link to that Twitter conversation that I had with him:
    https://twitter.com/OccupyGStreet/st...45752137158656

That made front page of MMO-C here:
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...p-of-the-Month

But facts right...

The more I talk to him... the less I hate him. Even IF he is responsible for LFR (which personally I don't hate) but the community that praises him... tends to hate. Its a little psychotic. Its the deification part I dislike. It was like the moment he announced he was leaving he was absolved of any wrong doing. Whereas previously I felt like it was 50/50 split you either loved him or hated him. But when he left it was like a light switch and everyone loved him again. Totally weird from my perspective.
    Last edited by A dot Ham; 2016-12-08 at 05:04 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Ghostcrawler was always a social guy and he tried not to sugar coat things and I think that earned a lot of people's respect. Most of the people that hated him did so because he didn't bow to their wants for the game. Many players are incapable of seeing the entire picture and are always focused on one single portion of their class.

My respect for him came when I was privileged enough to sit in the room of one of the big retailers who did those online chat sessions shortly before an expansion released. You know where they would ask questions and the devs would answer for roughly an hour. I got to listen in on the conference call side of things between that retailer and Blizzard. He was so passionate over certain questions and actually sounded excited over the tough ones. It was a humbling experience. His chat even crashed and because he had about 40 windows open he couldn't reboot so Zarhym (I believe it was) had to answer for him about half way through. It was hilarious to say the least. In the grand scheme of things he's just a human who was passionate about the game and tried his best to improve it during his time.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222