Page 18 of 25 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    Obviously medical exceptions are a different story.
    I replied to someone that said non-life threatening conditions shouldn't have surgeries until someone is 18 and can give consent. None of these is life threatening and commonly done on infants. I gave examples of such procedures that aren't necessarily needed to keep someone alive into adulthood.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't really care. Being circumcised hasn't had any detrimental effects on my life.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    I replied to someone that said non-life threatening conditions shouldn't have surgeries until someone is 18 and can give consent. None of these is life threatening and commonly done on infants. I gave examples of such procedures that aren't necessarily needed to keep someone alive into adulthood.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Sure, except they're completely needless deaths.

I mean, if a couple babies die to venetian blinds, we lose our shit over it. A hundred die to a silly ritual, and we all shrug because, "It's just what we do"?
    You are both right, yes, circumcision is a needless surgery for most infants. That's why I said earlier I think it should be left up to the guy when he becomes an adult. I was only pointing out at the mortality rate was hardly significant statistically.

The easy way to fix male circumcisions worldwide is simply to ban insurance companies and governments from paying for it, and tell people how much it will cost before its performed. You'll find the amount done for "cultural reasons" will decline by huge amounts when the bill is only in the hundreds of dollars.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracos854 View Post
    How about you use a condom? they are cheap have a more significant odds of preventing HIV and a number of STDs and more importantly YOU DON'T HAVE TO CHOP OFF YOUR PENIS TO USE THEM.
    The fact that you are equating circumcision to chopping off your penis means I wont bother to engage with you.

Yes, people could use condoms, unfortunately reality has shown that they dont always.

10+ Year Old Account
    Good, unless it's for a medical reason then it should be the person's choice once they reach 18
    dragonmaw - EU

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fiend View Post
    So you're saying it's fine to torture children for the sake of getting it out of the way? How about we just stop mutilating people?
    How in the world did you take what I said to mean that "I'm saying it's fine to torture children for the sake of getting it out of the way"? Good lord. I said I was glad it happened to me. And not for religious reasons. And many Doctors would disagree that it's anything like torture at all. Anyways I see both sides to it, but banning it entirely? I can't say I agree at all. In America this is a practice that's so steeped and won't be going away anytime soon either.

But yeah in the end I think this entire thread is mostly uncircumcised guys attacking it while the circumcised defend it.

So, no free speech, no freedom of religion. How many human rights will be done away with in Europe before you guys wise up to the freedom thing?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    I already posted a bunch of sources proving that wrong.

- - - Updated - - -

We would get used too it if everybody did it.
    And there's also a whole lot of sources saying it's true. One simple google search provides both.

Let the parents decide. Unlike female circumcision, male circumcision is largely harmless. Denmark doesn't need even more of a nanny state.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric The Midget View Post
    And there's also a whole lot of sources saying it's true. One simple google search provides both.
    Then those sources are false, or are you saying any of the death or harm it does cause are all false?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tijuana View Post
    So, no free speech, no freedom of religion. How many human rights will be done away with in Europe before you guys wise up to the freedom thing?
    You can't do anything just because your religion tells you too.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    That's not exactly a high number.

I don't mean to sound callous. Obviously each death was a severe and painful blow to their parents. However, mathematically that's nothing. More people die from pretty much everything else (colds, flu, driving, just existing) than circumcision by a factor of thousands.
    That would make sense if it was a needed, its not. So why risk it, if its not needed?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Northy View Post
    Let the parents decide. Unlike female circumcision, male circumcision is largely harmless. Denmark doesn't need even more of a nanny state.

>Location: Wisconsin

Ye.. I don't think your opinion has much weigh on whether denmark is a 'nanny state'.

Genital mutilation is an absolutely fucking reprehensible practice, doubly so when done to an infant or a young child.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Northy View Post
    Let the parents decide.
    Let the boy decide when he is old enough. Bodily autonomy and such.

Really, you're going to chalk this practice up to "freedom"?

Hey, my religion says I need to cut someone with this razor daily. Not a big cut, just a little one. C'mere. Hey, where are you going?! Come back! WHAT ABOUT MY FREEDOM?!?!
    So, you don't see freedom of religion as a basic human right? You think it's ok to ban Jews and Muslims from a country?

Conflating female circumcision with male is completely ridiculous. Circumcised penises are all over the world and nobody is suffering from them. I sort of doubt this new law isn't intended to limit the amount of Muslims and Jews coming in, and encouraging others to leave.
    Last edited by Tijuana; 2016-12-08 at 05:01 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    That would make sense if it was a needed, its not. So why risk it, if its not needed?
    I've already said like three times that I personally agree with the idea of leaving circumcision up to dude when he becomes an adult.

7+ Year Old Account
    So, you don't see freedom of religion as a basic human right? You think it's ok to ban Jews and Muslims from a country?

Conflating female circumcision with male is completely ridiculous. Circumcised penises are all over the world and nobody is suffering from them. I sort of doubt this new law isn't intended to limit the amount of Muslims and Jews coming in, and encouraging others to leave.
    Sorry but fuck off with all religions. There may be a few (like 2 or 3) religions which´re ok but the rest is just for gaining power over people or a crutch for weak willed individuals who need a fucking scapegoat for something happening in he rlive.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendra View Post
    Let the boy decide when he is old enough. Bodily autonomy and such.
    The mind is part of the body, yet we continue to let retard parents indoctrinate their children into religions from birth. Mental autonomy and such. This is far more harmful than a foreskin removal.

Sex is less fun after circumcision, it has to be. I got a tiny cut on my thumbs ones, and the feeling there is changed. So to cut on your penis where so much nerve-endings is just plain stupid.

Ah well, enjoy your lesser sex joy. So glad I have my penis intact.

It's funny how you're trying to take the high ground with this emotional argument, when your stance literally involves cutting babies' genitals.

(Wait, why did your post get an infraction? That's weird.)
    It must not be that bad of a thing to do if we didn't rush to ban it like keeping transpeople in one bathroom.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка

You can't do everything you want just because of religion.
    You also can't discriminate, as a business owner, against homosexuals in a lot of western European countries, even in the name of religion, is this another terrible attack on the freedom of religion?