Page 34 of 118 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Thresh1 View Post
    No one should have the "right" to kill another human being out of convenience. That is highly immoral. I, unlike you, want to give women and men the most basic, and important right of them all: a right to live.

You're being sexist by saying that because I'm a conservative man, I can't vote for human rights and must bow down to the women who want to kill their babies.
    And yet, it's your camp that thirsts for blood in form of death penalty, and killing people in foreign countries since the WW2. You've been doing it ever since, all the time.

What are you talking about, rofl? Are you in need of medication?
    It is you who needs either education or asylum.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

Lol, saving humans lives is oppression? I think you've got that exactly backwards my friend. Your sexist argument doesn't work here as more women are pro life than not in the US. I'm pretty sure that women don't want to oppress themselves, rofl.

But the REAL oppression are the humans that are being killed out of convenience.

Wow, that sounds like a dogma you've got there. Do you know what a sweeping generalization is? Do you really expect me to put blind faith in your just-so story about conservative men?

No one should have the "right" to kill another human being out of convenience. That is highly immoral. I, unlike you, want to give women and men the most basic, and important right of them all: a right to live.

You're being sexist by saying that because I'm a conservative man, I can't vote for human rights and must bow down to the women who want to kill their babies.
    The right to live and conservatism are incompatible, unless you are a conservative that believes strongly in social welfare spending and regulation, which means you aren't a conservative.

The most important right is the right of bodily autonomy.
    "stop puting you idiotic liberal words into my mouth"
    -ynnady

Quote Originally Posted by HomeHoney View Post
    no one but ME decides the rules for what lives or not inside my body but ME
    Can always throw yourself down some stairs, if you are that desperate, I suppose.

If you can't play by the rules, that's the type of behaviour one should expect.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Something something "all life is sacred!" something something *ignores the fact that the official GOP platform supports the death penalty* something something.

Because what is hypocrisy?
    Furthermore, something something "all life is sacred!" something something "oh you need food stamps to take care of that life? fuck you you shouldn't have gotten pregnant you slut!"

They're not pro-life, they're pro-birth.

No one should have the "right" to kill another human being out of convenience.
    The thing is, lots of us don't consider a fetus to be a person. It has no consciousness. It has no intelligence.

Why not go even further, though? If you had sex but no pregnancy occurred, did you just murder thousands of babies? Am I murdering millions of babies every time I masturbate? I don't think so.
    Last edited by anon5123; 2016-12-08 at 05:59 PM.

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Symphonic View Post
    A heartbeat might not show up until 6-8 weeks gestation. If a woman misses her period it's likely only been 2 weeks from ovulation. Waiting another 2 weeks without a period starting is only 4 weeks from ovulation. I think it would be plenty of time to know if you're pregnant or not.
    Some women don't get regular periods.
    They're using the heartbeat as evidence, but the truth is the expanding cells and developing body, including the heartbeat, is part of the proof that it is alive. I think exceptions need to be in, not because the baby doesn't matter (because lets call it what it is, a baby), but because the trauma of carrying a baby due to rape or incest may be too great on the woman. I already said the exceptions need to be in place or I wouldn't support a bill like this. Women who have miscarriages are not intentionally aborting their baby. Up to about 12 weeks the woman's hormones have to be just right or their body may miscarry the baby. It's rare for a miscarriage after the first trimester, but when it happens, guess what it's called? A still birth. The baby was born, but dead. It isn't called a miscarriage.
    Broccoli is alive. Cancerous tumors are alive, the cells are expanding, and even have human DNA! It's not about being alive, it's about being a conscious human that can survive outside of the mother. If it can't survive outside on its own, the mother still has no prerogative to give it free rent.

Bodily autonomy is absolute. No one could force me to give up a kidney to another person, just like no one can force me to keep a tumor in my body, just like no one can force a woman to keep a fetus in her body.

Because neither of you accept that the fetus is an individual being, which means it's not EITHER of your bodies, too. That's why people like me get worked up, because you are falsely assuming that a fetus is part of the mother's body, when in reality, it's a unique human being which is why it needs a placenta to make sure the mothers blood and the babies blood do not mix. Because they are two separate beings, your wife, and the baby, are not the same person. I'm not getting involved in you and your wife's life. I'm giving a voice to a living, growing, human being, that you don't care about.
    Can I take your kidney if I need it more than you? No, I can't. Why? Because it's not my fucking body. Needing it doesn't mean you get to take it.
    -ynnady

Quote Originally Posted by Darkeon View Post
    Interesting. Wanting people to learn self-control and responsibility, by not using Abortions as contraceptive measures - is treating women like cattle. You funny m8.
    This shows how ignorant you are on the topic of contraception, sex, birth, and humanity as a whole.

Abortion is not a contraceptive measure. You have no idea how psychologically damaging having an abortion is for the average individual. Beyond the few memes you can dig up or tiny portion of society, no one is out having unprotected sex, getting pregnant and then going eh abortion is no big deal. I'll be fine.

One it is insanely more expensive than any contraception. Two psychological damage from abortion (how do I know, go visit people who've had one, you don't get a ton of repeat business). Three contraception is prevention of pregnancy, abortion is not contraception. I'm sure you can dig up some meme or click bait showing someone acting like it is no big deal, but I promise you, they are either full of shit or it is fake. It isn't a simple decision to make at all and it haunts people for years. This Abortion queen shit is as much a myth as the Welfare queen nonsense of the 70s.

Take your virginal views and be gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    "Abortions are like honor killings."

You people aren't just morally bankrupt, also intellectually.
    Like I put above, this law itself is actually straight up unconstitutional which is the funny thing.

They're just pulling a North Carolina bathroom issue where they pass shit they admit is wrong and unconstitutional and hope for a change in the Supreme Court in their favor before it can find its way up and get struck down.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.
    Connal defending child molestation

Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    6 weeks? Quite a few women wont even know they;re pregnant until around that time (given that it can take 4 weeks to notice a missed period, and people that naturally have spotty / missed periods can take a few more weeks before preg symptoms start)
    I suppose it is time for sexually active women to include a bi-weekly pregnancy test into their life routines. Fucking retarded shit. Like seriously fuck this shit. I mean even if you are a dude... This is one more measure to burden you with the cost of an unwanted child. Time to freeze some sperm for in-vitro and then get yourself a vasectomy.

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    "Abortions are like honor killings."

You people aren't just morally bankrupt, also intellectually.
    Abortions got compared to marriage in this same thread.
    Time to point it all out, just like Anita would say.

Can always throw yourself down some stairs, if you are that desperate, I suppose.

If you can't play by the rules, that's the type of behavior one should expect.
    if you are making rules for MY body, it will be YOUR problem, not mine

Within the rules, yes. In this case, in the six-window time frame.
    make rules for your own fucking family and get out of mine.
    -ynnady

Quote Originally Posted by NineSpine View Post
    make rules for your own fucking family and get out of mine.
    if you are making rules for MY body, it will be YOUR problem, not mine
    Sounds to me you have an issue with rules. Life in a functional society might be unsuitable for you folks.

Sounds to me you have an issue with rules. Life in a functional society might be unsuitable for you folks.
    life by YOUR rules for MY body is unsuitable, correct

Except the law of the US right now is that abortions are legal. Ohio passed an unconstitutional law, hoping that Trump puts up a Supreme Court justice to the bench in time to overturn standing precedent before their state law can be struck down.
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.

life by YOUR rules for MY body is unsuitable, correct
    All rules will be biased towards one side or another. Picking and choosing which ones you want to follow is not the best of paths.

Quote Originally Posted by Bullettime View Post
    Except the law of the US right now is that abortions are legal. Ohio passed an unconstitutional law, hoping that Trump puts up a Supreme Court justice to the bench in time to overrule abortion laws before their state law can be struck down.
    And it might very well not be followed through. And even if it does, abortions will still continue to be legal - just with a conservative twist on them, compared to their current state.

Let us not pretend that a Republican president didn't get elected.

All rules will be biased towards one side or another. Picking and choosing which ones you want to follow is not the best of paths.
    YOU making rules for what can live inside MY body is never going to be picked by me

Quote Originally Posted by Espe View Post
    Republicans have made it clear that they don't give a fuck about women.
    That's a pretty dangerous quote right there. It's not about the woman, it's about the child or the entity that is capable of becoming one.

If, however, you want to continue beating the drum of "it's about women's rights" then you inherently need to discuss the men's rights about it too and how much say does he have in this. After all, it took two -- he should also have some say in this. What if he's willing to accept responsibility for the child? Shouldn't she be forced to carry it and pay child support? Or, alternatively then, shouldn't he be able to force the abortion or refuse child support?

Which system would you like and think is more fair?

YOU making rules for what can live inside MY body is never going to be picked by me
    Well, hope you don't get caught, if this law does pass! I suppose

YOU making rules for MY body is never going to be picked by me
    Especially when those rules are based on religious beliefs that many of us don't share, and the fact that, afuckinggain, the law passed is actually unconstitutional.

They chose to push it at this time knowing that Trump takes office next month and hope they can ram through a hyper conservative Justice to tip the scales on standing precedent before they have a chance to tell Ohio to sit the fuck down.