Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Seriously, if I get the same stupid boots that make me run faster as my second legendary, I'm closing my account. I swear! I will necro this post, post screenshot of me having 2 pair of useless boots and I will unsubscribe.
    MMO-Champion, once the place to get WoW News, now the home of the haters and their clickbait and doomsaying threads

This is absolutely a bug that was claimed to be fixed in the September 6th hotfixes as per: http://www.wowhead.com/news=255700/s...-a-blue-tweets

"Fixed a bug that could cause players, who were simultaneously both very lucky and very unlucky, to receive the same legendary item more than once."

Open a ticket and link them this: https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment..._said/d9jtmiu/

You can also try PMing Araxom on reddit. with your ticket ID. This is absolutely something they fix because my friend experienced the same issue and they gave him a new random legendary. You got unlucky by getting a getting a bad customer service rep.

It's a huge peeve of mine when customer service reps don't do their job and instead make up their own policies to get through quotas faster.

Quote Originally Posted by masonstorm View Post
    I swear Its not a lie or Scam, SS added, Let me know my options.
    That is messed up dude. I was sure they thought of a way to prevent this, guess they didn't. Classic Blizzard error.
    Keep sending tickets, and make a post on their official forums if you haven't. They might attract a CM that can help you.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skalm View Post
    Do the Legendary items say unique on them, or unique-equipped? If unique-equipped, then it is completely possible to get the same item twice. Happens with other items all the time.
    Blizzard made a statement a couple weeks ago when they relaxed the soft cap of 4 legendaries to stop deleting them because you can't get the same one twice.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Foodchain View Post
    This is absolutely a bug that was claimed to be fixed in the September 6th hotfixes as per: http://www.wowhead.com/news=255700/s...-a-blue-tweets

"Fixed a bug that could cause players, who were simultaneously both very lucky and very unlucky, to receive the same legendary item more than once."

Open a ticket and link them this: https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment..._said/d9jtmiu/

You can also try PMing Araxom on reddit. with your ticket ID. This is absolutely something they fix because my friend experienced the same issue and they gave him a new random legendary. You got unlucky by getting a getting a bad customer service rep.

It's a huge peeve of mine when customer service reps don't do their job and instead make up their own policies to get through quotas faster.
    He should be on these forums as well.
    @Araxom
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

Quote Originally Posted by Tharkkun View Post
    Blizzard made a statement a couple weeks ago when they relaxed the soft cap of 4 legendaries to stop deleting them because you can't get the same one twice.
    People were deleting legendarily that they did not feel were useful in the belief that it would help them to see more drops and then get the legendary they wanted. Blizzard said that procedure would not increase the drop rate.

Quote Originally Posted by IceMan1763 View Post
    This was reported about a month and a half ago on WOW forums:
    https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/...9739678#post-1

It's not technically a bug... and they have no immediate plans to fix it that they have announced (or at least I haven't seen anything).

I'm sorry this happened to you. Bad devs are bad... bad system is bad.

- - - Updated - - -

There's no way they gave replacement legendaries to someone who got the same one twice. That's a fairy tale.
    You don't know what you are talking about.

There are GM commands that can be used to add items directory to a character.

Code:
    Syntax: .additem #itemid [#itemcount] or .additem 0 #itemcount $itemname
    Adds the specified number of items of id #itemid to your or selected character inventory. If #itemcount is omitted, only one item will be added.
    ith the second syntax you can add an item with exact (!) name $itemname.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Woop Woop View Post
    Pretty sure you can't get duplicates. Going to need a screenie to believe this, op.
    yes u can and people do.

Quote Originally Posted by Skalm View Post
    You don't know what you are talking about.

There are GM commands that can be used to add items directory to a character.

Code:
    Syntax: .additem #itemid [#itemcount] or .additem 0 #itemcount $itemname
    Adds the specified number of items of id #itemid to your or selected character inventory. If #itemcount is omitted, only one item will be added.
    ith the second syntax you can add an item with exact (!) name $itemname.
    GMs have a lot of power to do a lot of things, but that doesn't mean they're authorized by their team manager to ever use that power outside of specific and clearly defined situations.

GMs are usually more concerned about job security instead of 'doing the right thing' for 1 unlucky player... your best bet here is to get the attention of someone who can authorize a reroll for you.

Bloodsail Admiral Brightamethyst's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    You'd think they could easily fix this by just making legendaries unique, instead of unique-equipped.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Waarheid View Post
    People were deleting legendarily that they did not feel were useful in the belief that it would help them to see more drops and then get the legendary they wanted. Blizzard said that procedure would not increase the drop rate.
    At the same time it would also prevent you from receiving that legendary ever again.

From the beginning of Legion, we've deliberately been pretty tight-lipped about how obtaining them works, because the best thing you can do to get them really does just boil down to "play the game and do the max-level activities you enjoy most." It was meant to be a background universal reward that would occasionally offer a surge of power to complement the transparent and omnipresent Artifact and normal itemization systems. Obviously, as we sit here reading posts speculating whether it's better to delete unwanted legendaries to improve your chances of getting more, there's a lesson for us to learn from how that approach has played out. (PS: Don't delete your legendaries. The system looks at what you've gotten, not what you have.)
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    Wondering if anything legitimately good has come from this 'legendary' system.
    Legiondary Lotto + Titanforge

Someone who casually runs mythic+ and LFR can be just as geared as a Mythic raider. There is a casual in our guild who is sitting at 878 because of RNGesus. It's killing the motivation to raid for a lot of people

Quote Originally Posted by Dkwhyevernot View Post
    Tl;dr fuck you, signed Bliz

Id love some to take them to the small claims court.
    Lul classic Mmo-Champion logic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordfish Trombone View Post
    Lol.. what the fuck mate?
    In the uk we have fairly decent consumer protection laws and id love someone with more free time than me to give it a go

Just for the lulz really. I'm trying to imagine a scene involving a lawyer explaining dps charts and stats to a typical county court judge.

No offence meant to county court judges now that my government csn legally spy on all my interweb use.
    Last edited by mmocf0b29d4c77; 2016-12-08 at 07:16 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    After all the crap they lied about and made mistakes with dropchances/bugs this is the biggest pile of crap so far.
    Congratulations to Blizzard ! At least this gives me 100% certainty I won't play competitive anymore and just afk my way through the game.
    "If you are what you HAVE and you lose what you have, what then are you? But if you are what you ARE and you lose what you have, no man controls your destiny".

Just keep submitting tickets until they fix it. Eventually you'll get someone who works at blizzard and not an intern from India. Just select not resolved on your ticket.

Deleted
    That GM is just wrong. I had the same thing 2 weeks ago, the GM who dealt with my ticket gave me a difference legendary for free. Just make another ticket and they'll fix it for you.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Blacken View Post
    GMs have a lot of power to do a lot of things, but that doesn't mean they're authorized by their team manager to ever use that power outside of specific and clearly defined situations.

GMs are usually more concerned about job security instead of 'doing the right thing' for 1 unlucky player... your best bet here is to get the attention of someone who can authorize a reroll for you.
    Didn't Blizzard fire all actual GM's many years ago (like to the tune of 600 people?) - these "GMs" are most likely just 1st line offshore helpdesk workers who know nothing of the game.

The trick is to complain until they escalate the ticket to someone at Blizzard

Quote Originally Posted by masonstorm View Post
    I swear Its not a lie or Scam, SS added, Let me know my options.
    Just wanted to quote one of your replies to let you know to open more tickets if you haven't already. Blizzard on Reddit has said that they are willing to work with any player who had this happen to them and they will grant you another random legendary. So open tickets for a fix, until you find one actually willing to do their job.

Deleted
    About the whole "you can get duplicates" thing: You shouldn't be able to get a duplicate legendary, and if you do, it's a bug. They "fixed" this bug very early in Legion, but obviously it is coming back again.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    Just wanted to quote one of your replies to let you know to open more tickets if you haven't already. Blizzard on Reddit has said that they are willing to work with any player who had this happen to them and they will grant you another random legendary. So open tickets for a fix, until you find one actually willing to do their job.
    Do you have a source for this comment on Reddit?

10+ Year Old Account
    A) It blows my mind that this is possible, especially considering there was a patch to 'fix' this.

B) Put in another ticket. I remember seeing a post on Reddit of someone getting a new Legendary due to this. Whether it's true or not remains to be seen, but it can't hurt to try again.