Poll: Would you use Player / Guild Housing if it was added?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Player housing : yes.
    Guild housing : no.

Of course I would - I have been needing housing to have something worthwhile to spend gold on for years and years...

i had a player owned house in wod, called a garrison, it was terrible, and i was there all the time

a guild owned house on the other hand might be nice

maybe offer something along the lines of challenge mode type thing arena, where u can do bronze / silver / gold ranked guild missions, fight older bosses on harder difficulties for those who want to relive old memories... that might be cool, and decorate the house, maybe have stations etc where users can "use" guild members stations... ex.. guild member has rank 800 cooking, i can use their oven, and cook food i have gathered... this would attribute to the guilds stores however, not my personal stash

Quote Originally Posted by Linri View Post
    i had a player owned house in wod, called a garrison, it was terrible, and i was there all the time
    Garrisons was NOT player housing. Please do not think that.
    REAL player housing would have player decided items and customization via furniture, door, walls, posters etc... NOT a limited list of pre set buildings in pre set spots.

Here's FFXIV players / guild housing.

Probably for few days/weeks then no if there are no some character power upgrades or ah or something similarly useful.

Quote Originally Posted by Desparil View Post
    Probably for few days/weeks then no if there are no some character power upgrades or ah or something similarly useful.
    Transmog has no power upgrade or use outside of cosmetics and it is still thriving. Skins in Overwatch, CSGO, and MOBA's people go insane over. Why do you see housing different?

I wouldn't bother with it. Players asked for houses and got garrisons, which should be a pretty clear indicator to simply stop asking altogether.

Yes, and I would have a Game of Thrones throne in my Player housing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Only if it game me convenience, hearthstone/auction house/bank/portals etc.

Yeah, 100%. Blizzard simply have forgotten, that game, they're making - RPG. And that RPGs - are about immersion in a first place. And there things, that have always been extremely immersive for males: cars, trains, panes, robots... But Wow is fantasy game. And it's about characters, shiny gear, big swords, mounts and...houses. Housing could have almost unlimited customization potential + it could be tied to almost any kind of content and ingame activity. Blizzard refuse to do it, cuz houses will require large amount of artwork. Their engine doesn't support housing at core level, as Wildstar engine do for example - so they'd have to do everything from scratch. And they used to milk money form players via rehashing old content and story (TBC is worn-out into holes). Why do something meaningful, if players pay money anyway?

P. S. My house in Wildstar:

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    I wouldn't bother with it. Players asked for houses and got garrisons, which should be a pretty clear indicator to simply stop asking altogether.
    Your objective crayons can't paint a subjective painting.

I can't accept that argument. Garrisons worked amazingly for me, that argument is moot.

10+ Year Old Account
    I said no. But it really depends on what's in it and whether there's some reason to use it that's so compelling that you're an idiot not to use it. But if it's just a guild hall version of the garrison minus profession huts etc? No. I mean... why would I? I can hang in Dalaran now and get all the services I need, portals to other places, etc. I don't simply login and hang out with friends or guild member. I have a friends chat channel for talking but we are all out doing something and for guild folks there's gchat of course.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    never used it in skyrim wouldn't use it in wow if it was just some where you can make a pretty house it would be useless to me.

It would have to offer something or I'd never go there.
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elvine View Post
    The housing in FFXIV is gorgeous and highly customizable. I'd recommend checking it out. Here's a quick video I just googled for an example. Everything you see inside is put in by the player.

- - - Updated - - -

The same reason why people buy skins for many games out there and use transmog in WoW.
    its not the same reason as im not going to see my house as i am running around the world and playing the game.

Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    Your objective crayons can't paint a subjective painting.

I can't accept that argument. Garrisons worked amazingly for me, that argument is moot.
    I probably shouldn't assume but I'm going to

I assume that he means that garrisons took "a lot" away from the community in terms of the world "feeling alive", not that Garrisons weren't useful.
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elvine View Post
    Garrisons was NOT player housing. Please do not think that.
    REAL player housing would have player decided items and customization via furniture, door, walls, posters etc... NOT a limited list of pre set buildings in pre set spots.

Here's FFXIV players / guild housing.

garrisons were better then player housing as it had some thing for every one not just a useless pretty house the only bad part about garrisons is that there was nothing in the world to do so you had no reason to leave it.

My favourite housing = ArcheAge. MoP had a bit of that with the Farm and I loved my Sunsong Ranch once I had it fully furnished.
    I want there to be SOME practical use to housing, but then you remove players from the world by allowing them to farm shit in one spot.

Overall, I would only use player housing if it was ENTIRELY customizable and could be placed in many different zones.

Deleted
    Actualy Archeage housing was ok, and i took lots of land at start by doing 30 minute swims to the other side at midnight with low lvl chars so that wasn't a problem but became a problem when there was no room anymore for others, so housing has to be instanced. Not realy a fan of hiding stuf away from open world, won't mind it for others unless it gets or needs too much attention from devs which makes other things worse.
    Player housing is already in wow called garrison, the only thing missing from it is the possibility to decorate.

Quote Originally Posted by Lane View Post
    I don't understand the point of guild housing, but I'd definitely use player housing. I'm excited about it in ESO because I loved my houses in Skyrim. I'm not into the overly complicated 'build brick by brick' type of housing, I like basic presets I can just tweak.
    Guild housing works quite nicely, STO has fleet holdings you can decorate to a degree in there, buy awesome equipment, perks and bonus's but to get access to said equipment, the fleet needs to complete research projects, you get provisions which let you buy gear out of the fleet.It sounds like it wouldnt work, but everyone is so nice on it and works togeather. Not sure if it would work with wow community mind