Poll: Would you use Player / Guild Housing if it was added?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    No because its useless like garrisons and garbage idea. Wow engine/servers would blow up.
    Legion is the worst expansion
    BFA=Blizzard Failed Again
    https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment..._google_trend/

if aforementioned Housing provides no way to generate gold/profits or better way to gear up, then no, just absolutely no.

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    This pretty much describes WoW players. They won't do anything just for the fun of it, only if they get some kind of pixel reward. How sad.
    Yup, a real shame...

Quote Originally Posted by Thzz View Post
    if aforementioned Housing provides no way to generate gold/profits or better way to gear up, then no, just absolutely no.
    Case in point. How about for fun?

7+ Year Old Account
    if its not a garrison then ye, sure.

Formerly known as Arafal

Deleted
    Only if it gives epix or gold. Otherwise just do the easy achv and let the house die.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elvine View Post
    Elder Scrolls Online is the next MMO to add player housing to their game. They join many others that already have the feature, FINAL FANTASY XIV, RIFT, Star Wars: The Old Republic , The Lord of the Rings Online and WildStar.
    Pfff, almost all of those examples are bad if connected with World of Warcraft. Just see how the Garrison faired. We would NEVER be able to get something like ArchAge, even if we had the engine for it, just because people wouldn't be able to handle it. If WoW was to get Player Housing, there should be nothing obtained through activity of the game, only profession and gold purchase. That is the mentality I have the feel of when I saw the complaints for the Garrison.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Case in point. How about for fun?
    my calculus says fun = more gold... better gear...

your mileage may vary.

10+ Year Old Account
    If done correctly and if it had enough interesting features then yeah, maybe but Blizzard isn't known for their creative ideas. I mean look at the potential garrisons had and look at what it has become. Or even what it could've been and how much they stripped away and dumbed down. If they were to ever make a player housing feature I would imagine it would get the same treatment and I can only see it as being something that would be fun for a couple days but then gets boring after seeing how little it has and what little you can do with it. I can't imagine Blizzard doing anything spectacular with it.

Also when I play WoW I want to go around and kill stuff, make gold, get gear, and just go on adventure and do stuff. Not standing in my house picking my nose. Also how sad is it that people are in their homes playing a computer game to sit in their virtual home?
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

never seen the point of it really. I haven't played every MMO but most of the time player housing seems to boil to down to just filling an instanced space of whatever size with customizeable widgets and I'm just unable to make myself care about it. Playing fantasy interior decorator doesn't appeal to me.

same thing for guild housing really; anything cool you can do with guild housing you can do without bothering with the 'house.'

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Pfff, almost all of those examples are bad if connected with World of Warcraft. Just see how the Garrison faired. We would NEVER be able to get something like ArchAge, even if we had the engine for it, just because people wouldn't be able to handle it. If WoW was to get Player Housing, there should be nothing obtained through activity of the game, only profession and gold purchase. That is the mentality I have the feel of when I saw the complaints for the Garrison.
    How about an item that has a chance to drop off one of the dungeon / raid bosses that a crafter can turn into boss themed item for housing? Would that be okay?

Ain't nobody got time for that. If i wanted player housing i'd be playing the Sims.

Quote Originally Posted by Brule View Post
    Also how sad is it that people are in their homes playing a computer game to sit in their virtual home?
    Couldn't one say "How sad is it that people are in their homes talking to people online when they could do it in real life?" "How sad is it that people are in their homes reading up made up lore instead of reading up real history of the world?" I could go on and on....

The point of it is to do something in the video game they typically cannot do in the real world. Like kill dragons and create / decorate fancy housing with dragon heads and murloc lamps.

What do you do in player housing? It would just be like an order hall with less people.
    Hi Sephurik

No, I tried housing in Wildstar and its boring as hell. After three days I abandoned this feature.

Transmog has no power upgrade or use outside of cosmetics and it is still thriving. Skins in Overwatch, CSGO, and MOBA's people go insane over. Why do you see housing different?
    I just don't see what could keep me occupied for longer period of time in that system, sure i would mess around few days/weeks and drop it all together after. That system looks like it would be expensive to implement and in the end i would rather have few 5 mans or raids instead of it, if they can make it without affecting those things....then sure don't mind/care if they give us housing.

10+ Year Old Account
    How about an item that has a chance to drop off one of the dungeon / raid bosses that a crafter can turn into boss themed item for housing? Would that be okay?
    Don't ask me that, people didn't like it with the Garrison. Then again, it was the statue and they had to do more.

I mean, seriously, I don't mind. I actually liked the Garrison, just not the part of it being us having the outpost and controlling it as a base of our faction. Yeah, we shouldn't give players too high a rank. Though, the Garrison was a good attempt, but think just people wasn't ready for the amount of time there was connected to it. Hence I would believe it better if the items was just not connected with actual progression content.

Oh, and because it aches to not say it. SWTOR's housing was basically just the WoW Garrison.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Hopefully never. I sure as hell don't want it.

Elder Scrolls Online is the next MMO to add player housing to their game. They join many others that already have the feature, FINAL FANTASY XIV, RIFT, Star Wars: The Old Republic , The Lord of the Rings Online and WildStar.

Strictly cosmetic and no perks or extra features like Garrisons, would you use them if they were added to WoW?
    Player made furniture, from items dropped in the world or dungeons. Not only available in just one expansion, but "forever" there once added.
    New items each expansion from new drops for items / furniture.

Example, like in FFXIV... Boss trophies as wall mounts.

If the housing is anything like Wildstar's or FFXIV, yes. Played Archeage for a bit and saw their version of it. I liked it, but their system wouldn't work in WoW (open world house placement, housing areas located throughout zones).

I really liked FFXIV's housing after the first few iterations. Player's had to choice of which house size they wanted. Most guilds put together money to buy a large plot that allowed each member of the guild to have an instanced room that others could enter freely (or you could lock it).

I would love player housing in wow if they make it were you go collect raid boss heads and solo boss heads(like rares or brawlers guild). They should have a new skill along the lines of archeology and fishing: woodcutting/woodsmith(idk). You would go around chopping trees for your house and make furniture and shit. They can make blacksmith make various nails and tailoring for rugs and curtains. Jewelcrafting can make chandlers and goblets and such. They pretty much have everything set for awesome housing system. This might be asking for too much but adding player owned dungeons would be sweet as well.

Only because I am a completionist, not because I'd like the 'content'.

OT: Since this topic keeps repeatedly spamming the forums as of late, someone explain to me why they think that guild or player housing even fits in with WoW (And no don't give the excuse that since other MMOs are using it that WoW should. Plenty of MMOs that use it have many differences that make them stand apart from the feel of WoW and/or were designed to accommodate that MMO from the start, or close to it. WoW was not built this way (which is clear in the design).