Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

Aran's ninja nerfed?

So i was doing some reading that they fixed the Aran's trinket to "work like intended" and now people are reporting much lower proc rates on it. Trinket still good or nah brah?

Wondering the same. Been reading about nerf in forums, but my shammy friend who has it says still working fine, so maybe only good for the classes meant to loot it?

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

Deleted
    didnt notice change. How long this "fix" up?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimbroslice View Post
    So i was doing some reading that they fixed the Aran's trinket to "work like intended" and now people are reporting much lower proc rates on it. Trinket still good or nah brah?
    Mind to provide a source? I can't find anything about it in recent blueposts .
    Worked fine ~10 hours ago and enjoyed absurdely amount of procs - like always.

But that was yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by KrayZee View Post
    Mind to provide a source? I can't find anything about it in recent blueposts .
    Worked fine ~10 hours ago and enjoyed absurdely amount of procs - like always.

But that was yesterday.
    I don't believe there is a true source, but there are some posts on the US forums with players noticing it procing less than it did last week. Here is a thread http://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20752398334 and another http://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20752407733

Quote Originally Posted by sarym13 View Post
    I don't believe there is a true source, but there are some posts on the US forums with players noticing it procing less than it did last week. Here is a thread http://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20752398334 and another http://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20752407733
    wasnt the nerf for melees only? which would make sense, it was supposed to be ranged trinket, not enha/retri one

Quote Originally Posted by Sarevokcz View Post
    wasnt the nerf for melees only? which would make sense, it was supposed to be ranged trinket, not enha/retri one
    Technically yes it should not proc at all for Melee. But knowing Blizzard, and the fact the trinket out performs most Mythic raid trinkets I would not doubt it if it got an overall nerf.

Suppose we'll find out later in the week.

Deleted
    Yesterday evening @22PM proc'd twice in 40sec as MM, so i guess its only melee nerf or they nerfed this morning after reset?

Quote Originally Posted by Shad View Post
    Yesterday evening @22PM proc'd twice in 40sec as MM, so i guess its only melee nerf or they nerfed this morning after reset?
    very good sample size and fight length, keep us updated with more solid info

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dossou View Post
    very good sample size and fight length, keep us updated with more solid info
    lul

did 30 minute test on dummy on live

No nerf.

Sorry guys I've been at work all night and just got back. Good to hear no ranged are noticing the nerf because I'm still planning to farm it on my hunter and my mage already has it lol. Although, maybe the reason I noticed the nerf was because I was abusing it on my enhance shaman. It used to proc off literally everything my enhance used but now it only appears to proc off lightning bolt which I will never use in a practical situation lol. I myself can't find the 100% sure proof it was stealth nerfed, but it indeed was because many people are noticing it besides myself.

Ruby was definitely nerfed into the ground, I disenchanted mine last night. Tested it in 3 M+ dungeons and it was only 3% of my overall damage. Before the nerf it was roughly 10%+ overall damage. Pre nerf on aoe pulls it would do anywhere from 15-30% of my total damage now it's doing 3-5%. So overall seems like at least a 70% nerf, no longer worth using in any situation at any item level.

Quote Originally Posted by zoned View Post
    Ruby was definitely nerfed into the ground, I disenchanted mine last night. Tested it in 3 M+ dungeons and it was only 3% of my overall damage. Before the nerf it was roughly 10%+ overall damage. Pre nerf on aoe pulls it would do anywhere from 15-30% of my total damage now it's doing 3-5%. So overall seems like at least a 70% nerf, no longer worth using in any situation at any item level.
    Please stop spreading misinformation.

?? I literally just got through testing it yesterday. These were my findings but feel free to test it yourself. I remember exactly how much damage it did before always checked dmg breakdowns religiously.
    I did Mythic Guarm and a full clear of Mythic EN last night.

7.17% of my damage on Guarm, 8 procs in 3 mins 11s (i died before the end of the fight slightly)

9.16% of my damage on Ursoc, 10 procs in 3 mins 21s

7.40% of my damage on Xavius, 11 procs in 5 mins 24s.

my 30 minute test shows 60 procs. meaning the procrate was not nerfed which is what people are claiming was halved.

It was not nerfed for MM hunters, damage is exactly the same as before. You are incorrect.

Deleted
    Awww... too bad that you can get it back so easily.

It wasn't nerfed at all. Procs like mad, deals the same amount of damage, nothing changed.

Should be mentioned that, while the proc rate was not nerfed for ranged specs, it has been incorrectly set in simc to 1.75+Haste RPPM for weeks now (instead of the correct value of 0.92+haste).

Sims are wrong, but in practice you should not see a loss unless you are a melee spec.

I was testing it as BM did not think it mattered. So maybe the MM mastery makes it hit harder not sure. All I can tell you is that as BM it's worthless.

- - - Updated - - -

In a 3.2 minute fight at 450-500k dps say you do total 100,000,000 total damage. Aran procs hit for 350k? So even at 10 procs thats 3.5 million damage or 3.5% of your total damage. So you either do really bad DPS or your data is incorrect
    I have an 875 arans with chest, it also scales off vers (which i had vantus rune aswell on guarm) Proc hits for 500k on non-crits for me. The proc can also crit, so my avg proc hits for around 700k. You should know all of that from looking regularly at your damage breakdowns like you claim. Not to mention a proc can hit multiple targets to boost the damage % higher on multi target fights (which is partly why i mainly focused on guarm and ursoc)

Guarm log https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...45&end=7039689

Ursoc log https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...done&source=14

Xavius log https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...done&source=14

I ignored elerethe and Nythendra due to dieing early, Dragons i got comparatively low procs at 4 in 4mins 20s. RNG happens tho. 6 procs on Cenarius tho i died 30s before the kill again so maybe missed another proc in there aswell. Anyways feel free to look thru the logs yourself.
    Last edited by Arrol; 2016-12-08 at 08:45 PM.

Deleted
    I was testing it as BM did not think it mattered. So maybe the MM mastery makes it hit harder not sure. All I can tell you is that as BM it's worthless.

- - - Updated - - -

In a 3.2 minute fight at 450-500k dps say you do total 100,000,000 total damage. Aran procs hit for 350k? So even at 10 procs thats 3.5 million damage or 3.5% of your total damage. So either your doing really bad DPS or your data is incorrect.

Aside from 450-500k being high on something like Ursoc for example (especially the 500k one ) Aran's average hit is more along the lines of 600k.. since sometimes two targets are affected, you can even say it's higher

Quote Originally Posted by KrayZee View Post
    Aside from 450-500k being high on something like Ursoc for example (especially the 500k one ) Aran's average hit is more along the lines of 600k.. since sometimes two targets are affected, you can even say it's higher
    Nah bruh you obviously need to do top 60 world dps on ursoc to understand how to tell whether a trinket was nerfed or not Kappa https://www.warcraftlogs.com/ranking...ship&boss=1841