Page 22 of 31 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    Honestly you referenced a website and a group with deep ties to the oil industry and youre telling others to think for themselves?
    The petition is not "linked" to oil industry. I'm showing evidence from my side. People that believe in Man-Made Climate Change going to harm the earth to death don't look at the other side.

Quote Originally Posted by Nadiru View Post
    It's not an insult, climate change is a solvable problem using little more than crushed limestone and the ability to disperse it. Your overall idea is poorly grounded because your assumption is that you need these people to help you solve climate change. Also inherently that you need China and India's help to solve the problem; you don't.
    What was the overall idea that you find poorly grounded? And where did China or India enter into this?

Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    What???!?!??!?!? Now you want to take away state's rights?
    That should have happened a long time ago. The United States is no longer the European Union protoype mark I; it's a single, unified country rather than a collection of bitter territories who only gathered together to protect themselves from foreign invaders.

Well, it should be a single, unified country. But with people like you around, it never will be. Even though I'm sure you think of yourself as a "PROUD AMURIK'N!"

Quote Originally Posted by drakensoul View Post
    What was the overall idea that you find poorly grounded? And where did China or India enter into this?
    Why are you trying to convince people it's a problem, when you can just fix the problem as you perceive it without their help?

Why are you trying to convince people it's a problem, when you can just fix the problem as you perceive it without their help?
    Something has gone wrong in reading comprehension. To the extent that I don't have any idea what you're saying. :\

I'm going to repeat calmly and constructively a point I made earlier.

Are you a climatologist ? Are you someone with an expertise in a field close to climatology ?

No ? Your opinion is thus perfectly legit but pretty much irrelevant. This is my case. The key argument used by Alex Jones and co. (''decide by yourself'' or ''inform yourself'') is pure malarkey in 2016 for technical fields. It's not true that a web page filled with spelling errors make you the equivalent of a PHD.

Something has gone wrong in reading comprehension. To the extent that I don't have any idea what you're saying. :\
    Why even make a post explaining that something is a problem, if you don't need their help to fix that problem?

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fadeslol View Post
    The fact is, it's not a grammar issue. It's the problem people forgot the word Science with "Man-Made Climate Change". I'm trying to make the word stand out because some people don't understand it anymore.
    Here, I fixed that for you. And don't worry, there are plenty of ways to educate yourself so you will understand it.

First, try reading stuff from peer reviewed sources (don't be afraid to ask what that is!). Second, get behind the idea that what you think isn't necessarily true, and that you may be wrong. Finally, learn about the Scientific Method (this would be an example of a good time to use capital letters) - it's an extreme idea wherein people expertly trained in a particular field of study evaluate data, form hypothesis, and then continue to prove or disprove the same hypothesis.

Your first step in your journey is to understand that science (no caps here) is a process of evaluating a particular HYPOTHESIS by observed data.

Good luck!
    Last edited by cubby; 2016-12-08 at 10:47 PM.

Why even make a post explaining that something is a problem, if you don't need their help to fix that problem?
    Are you asking why forums exist? I.e.: places that people go when they are bored to make posts that may or may not have any relevance or meaning?

I simply said that, to me, climate change via greenhouse gasses is intuitive and obvious. And that since we pump insurmountable quantities of said gasses into the atmosphere daily, it seems intuitive and obvious that we might have some effect on it. And given that, I further said that I don't understand why one would choose to ignore it based on the fact that it might not reach apocalyptic levels of magnitude for x-hundred years.

I'm not really asking for anyone's help fixing it, nor am I asking for China, India, or for that matter asking for anything at all. If anything it was more rhetorical. Hence... I don't really understand what you're trying to say at all.

Quote Originally Posted by sarahtasher View Post
    Actually, once again, ''all'' means ''Alex Jones and co. believers''. Climat change is not a debate in the rest of the world, like heliocentrism.

- - - Updated - - -

Those fools who go to fancy liburals places like Harvard instead of listening for five minutes to a bald dude screaming with eyes bulging on YouTube.
    Rofl Alex Jones right. Stop using Climate Change when you don't understand the word. It's Man-Made Climate Change, there is a differences.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    The petition is not "linked" to oil industry. I'm showing evidence from my side. People that believe in Man-Made Climate Change going to harm the earth to death don't look at the other side.
    There is no scientific "other side" - there is just the science and what it's showing. Which is man-made climate change and global warming leading to disastrous results.

Quote Originally Posted by Thepersona View Post
    LOL! are you for real? this is full conspiracy theory, globalist/evil jews mode!
    and even then, you dont even know that people try to change air conditioners to use water instead of CFCs

i think it's better read as "97% of peer reviewed papers that were published by the scientific community agree that humans contribute in a significant way on the current climate change problem". i'm not so sure if the 97% are the scientists themselves or the papers published, but i think its the second
    Actually I am aware of the new technology in development for air conditioners

And where did I say anything about Jews?

And what makes it a conspiracy? Cause it challenges what you believe?

Are you asking why forums exist? I.e.: places that people go when they are bored to make posts that may or may not have any relevance or meaning?

I simply said that, to me, climate change via greenhouse gasses is intuitive and obvious. And that since we pump insurmountable quantities of said gasses into the atmosphere daily, it seems intuitive and obvious that we might have some effect on it. And given that, I further said that I don't understand why one would choose to ignore it based on the fact that it might not reach apocalyptic levels of magnitude for x-hundred years.

I'm not really asking for anyone's help fixing it, nor am I asking for China, India, or for that matter asking for anything at all. If anything it was more rhetorical. Hence... I don't really understand what you're trying to say at all.
    What might not be intuitive and obvious to you is that reversing these trends are not difficult, nowadays are not expensive, and can be performed by lone wolf actors with a fraction of the budget of environmental agencies. If I'm choosing to ignore it, it's because I recognize the simplicity of the solutions that can be performed today with like $500, let alone solutions we might develop to directly scrub carbon out of places (the US Navy has some interesting projects along this line)

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    There is no scientific "other side" - there is just the science and what it's showing. Which is man-made climate change and global warming leading to disastrous results.
    "Which is man-made climate change and global warming leading to disastrous results. " which is completely false.
    Man-Made Climate Change is not going to kill us all.

Climate Change happens all the time that's the only fact.

10+ Year Old Account
    You linked to cfact earlier. Cfact is in fact funded by exxon among others. You have zero credibility when it comes to telling others to.think for themselves.

Which petition are you referencing? If its the one i think it is its certainly not climitalogists and probably quite.a.few.fake names thrown in for good measure.
    Last edited by Glorious Leader; 2016-12-08 at 10:55 PM.
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

What might not be intuitive and obvious to you is that reversing these trends are not difficult, nowadays are not expensive, and can be performed by lone wolf actors with a fraction of the budget of environmental agencies. If I'm choosing to ignore it, it's because I recognize the simplicity of the solutions that can be performed today with like $500, let alone solutions we might develop to directly scrub carbon out of places (the US Navy has some interesting projects along this line)
    So I make a post saying "I don't really see why people don't accept that humans can affect climate change; it seems fairly intuitive."

And your response, as I gather it 5 posts later, was "I think it does affect climate change, I just don't care because I alone and others like me have $500 implements that can reverse it completely unlike the EPA."

In that case, Beijing is calling. They'd like to offer to hire you for a few billion dollars.
    Last edited by drakensoul; 2016-12-08 at 10:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    You linked to cfact earlier. Cfact is in fact funded by exxon among others.
    No I understand that but i was referring to the petition. BTW i can say green companies are funding scientist to say Man-Made Climate Change is going to kill us all.

10+ Year Old Account
    No I understand that but i was referring to the petition. BTW i can say green companies are funding scientist to say Man-Made Climate Change is going to kill us all.
    I missed that link, how can you verify that the signatories were qualified climatologists?

10+ Year Old Account
    Thats not how scientific studies and funding works.

Again please which petition is this?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    I missed that link, how can you verify that the signatories were qualified climatologists?
    You cant. They werent. If its the same petition im thinking of youre likely to find many fake signatures.

http://www.skepticalscience.com/OISM...on-Project.htm
    Last edited by Glorious Leader; 2016-12-08 at 11:01 PM.
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    This argument would be more persuasive if it weren't being espoused by someone with a Soviet fetish.
    I don't have one, i'm sorry for ruining your well-crafted assumption.