Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Pet damage increased by 20%

Now confirme din a Blue post and alsoconfirmed that it applies to the Felguard which wasn't picke dup by datamining.

That's a small but significant single target increase for affliction and destruction, and a larger increase for demo. As I suggested elsewhere, they have multiple goals for pets:

1. Make it more attractive to use them instead of treating them as a buff consumable. Way back in Wrath they were emphatic that pets should be used, and they wanted to firmly move away from them being something you summoned and sacrificed, although Sacrifice would be kept if peopel really wanted to use it. They were clearly unhappy with the Burning Crusade destruction model, which is no surprise.

2. An increase in single target damage for affliction/destro, makes up part of the losses for demo and moves the damage into pets which was always the concept for demo

3. Gentle nudges towards using the spec-specific pets to fit the "fantasy" (personally Ithink the Succubus fits affliction better, you slowly kill them and she makes them enjoy it lol)..also to me the most fun pet to use

4. Checked on the PTR and the permanent Doomguard's doom-bolt is hitting harder but it seems like less than 20% harder, so either there's weirdness, or the stat-squish is affecting it, or they are again nudging people away from Supremacy, which doesn;t really fit with afflicton or destruction

At a guess it might be that Service will shape up to be the best choice. It's a pretty good cooldown, particularly as you get the temporary Doomguard on top.

Personally I like using a pet, but it comes with it's problem, the AI is really dumb and even more with demo's guardian types. Ideally the Felhunter would have a gapcloser

I forgot toput in the title that this is a PTR change, not a hotfix
    Last edited by mmoc7a6bdbfc72; 2016-12-08 at 10:45 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wish they'd back away from that per-for-a-spec bullshit. It was never popular, and it's led to the resurfacing of the "we don't have a baseline interrupt" complaints all over again. Can kind of agree with you on the Succubus thing, but for different reasons - Felhunter is, was, and always will be the PvP pet because interrupt, it has a solid use as it is; if they want all the pets to see use, the Succubus for PvE Affliction is the niche it can fill.

I've mostly been okay with pets, you get the occasional irritational incident, but you learn these things when to dismiss and resummon to avoid repeats and we're not the only class that had to deal with it. I'm so used to it, it feels weird playing SPriest or as not-Frost Mage :S

i like what i'm reading good find, that atleasd makes some sense of direction, also the nerfs demo got.

in contrast with jessika, i do like the pet per spec, and i think the fell hunter fit's the affli spec because it feeds on the buffs that the target has, making them more afflicted by our spells.

tough i whould like to see a way sucubus can work with everyspec outside of pvp.

/edit some grammer

Deleted
    Felpuppy is life.

Felpuppy is love.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Wish they'd back away from that per-for-a-spec bullshit. It was never popular
    But, if pets are chosen depending on the situation, it becomes the " i have to petswap " and pet swapping was hated with furious anger.

People don't like to think, they want imposed solutions, easy and brainless.

Damn, I miss Demo of Cata 4.0 and 4.3, improved soul fire on 12 sec wass too short but a 15 or 18 it would have been great.

Wish they'd back away from that per-for-a-spec bullshit. It was never popular, and it's led to the resurfacing of the "we don't have a baseline interrupt" complaints all over again. Can kind of agree with you on the Succubus thing, but for different reasons - Felhunter is, was, and always will be the PvP pet because interrupt, it has a solid use as it is; if they want all the pets to see use, the Succubus for PvE Affliction is the niche it can fill.

I've mostly been okay with pets, you get the occasional irritational incident, but you learn these things when to dismiss and resummon to avoid repeats and we're not the only class that had to deal with it. I'm so used to it, it feels weird playing SPriest or as not-Frost Mage :S
    I wouldn't mind different pets for each spec if we had baseline interrupt.

Felhunter would have devour magic
    Imp would have cleanse
    Felguard would have axe toss
    Succubus would have seduce
    Doomguard would have cripple
    Infernal would have meteor strike

They buffed mages damage by 15% and sp damage by 25% and several other classes/specs, buffs to some of them like assasination seems strange too. While I appreciate affliction buffs to ST via mg/haunt and contagion (mg will certainly be nerfed because of some reasons including pvp) It's strange to see buff to mages(jk it's totally not strange to see another mindless buff to mages) and not buff for destruction for example. Affliction dots outside of throttles do shit damage esp in pvp. Also if you compare shadow priests to affliction you may find that affliction is kind of boring: you have no proper dmg cooldown, have no executes and you can refresh your dots only via recast I completely ditched destruction on live and I like it, the only fight where I will use it is mythic Odyn, but only because I have no affliction specific legendaries.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunlighthell View Post
    They buffed mages damage by 15% and sp damage by 25% and several other classes/specs, buffs to some of them like assasination seems strange too. While I appreciate affliction buffs to ST via mg/haunt and contagion (mg will certainly be nerfed because of some reasons including pvp) It's strange to see buff to mages(jk it's totally not strange to see another mindless buff to mages) and not buff for destruction for example. Affliction dots outside of throttles do shit damage esp in pvp. Also if you compare shadow priests to affliction you may find that affliction is kind of boring: you have no proper dmg cooldown, have no executes and you can refresh your dots only via recast I completely ditched destruction on live and I like it, the only fight where I will use it is mythic Odyn, but only because I have no affliction specific legendaries.
    if you had a clue about how big the nerfs to fire was, you wouldnt find it strange, what you prolly dont realize is that those 15% buffs didnt even make up for the nerfs they got in the same patch(nerf to critrate and Pyretic incantation to name a few), as fire is still around 50k dps behind compared to live and thats in the t10 4pc which is already a crappy setbonus bcoz it causes mages to actually go oom on some occasions, so no, it isnt strange and there will be more buffs to fire in future patches.

Does it affect demos wild imps and dreadstalkers

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by smokeytombs View Post
    i think it is only permanent pets as in those you can directly control.

No thanks. I don't want a fan service demon slut forced on my warlock.

I'd rather have the voidwalker made useful since affliction warlocks use void energies.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucrece View Post
    No thanks. I don't want a fan service demon slut forced on my warlock.

I'd rather have the voidwalker made useful since affliction warlocks use void energies.
    I used my Void Lord every day. And the only fan service demon we have is the Felguard.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by smokeytombs View Post
    I doubt it. They specifically mentioned that the Felguard was affected but it might not show in datamining. I think they'd have mentioned th eother demo pets if it affected them as well.

I know its early, but any idea if this would make Service unquestionably better than sacrifice for Destro?

@Shodan30, remember that Sacrifice is getting a 25% nerf, so on single target and probably cleave fights like Odyn, service will be better, though for mythic + i may still run sacrifice

Quote Originally Posted by almara2512 View Post
    i think it is only permanent pets as in those you can directly control.
    yeah, since WoD, pets and demons are not the same.
    Pets are demons, but demons aren't pets.
    If you get what I mean

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by VladimirM View Post
    yeah, since WoD, pets and demons are not the same.
    Pets are demons, but demons aren't pets.
    If you get what I mean
    yeah, guardian pets vs pets is maybe a more commonly used term.

Agreed with most of this. I don't care how many rivers people cry, situational pets are much more entertaining that spec pets.

Oh, you're destruction? Your pet is an imp.

Let imps be good for simple single target with the ability to target swap with its owners targeting.
    Give felhunters a stacking dot that rewards it for sticking to one target over time.
    Allow succubi to do light cleave abilities for non demos to enhance their aoe potential.

As it stands right now, I don't give a flying proverbial about my pet. I summon it. I attack. I forget about it. I have no synergy with it whatsoever. Unholy death knights and beast master hunters have great synergy with their pets and while pets are a core focus of the playstyle... come on. We summon DEMONS. Let us actually feel like they mean something.

Show sac some love imo.
    Last edited by Gohzerlock; 2016-12-09 at 04:12 AM.

They are pushing destruction warlocks to use the imp but mastery:chaotic energies, eradication, and empowered life tap do not work with imp/portals/gosac/inferal/doomguard.

Seems like buffing damage without having synergy first will become problematic.