Gnawed Thumb Ring question

the answer may be obvious... but what is the reason for GTR being rated so high on AskMrRobot for rings for Holy Paladins? for example the 840 ring is is showing only 910 Ilterendi legendary ring as higher. TIA

Quote Originally Posted by morksdork View Post
    the answer may be obvious... but what is the reason for GTR being rated so high on AskMrRobot for rings for Holy Paladins? for example the 840 ring is is showing only 910 Ilterendi legendary ring as higher. TIA
    Because askmrrobot is 100% inaccurate.

Don't use it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HPLathus View Post
    Because askmrrobot is 100% inaccurate.

Don't use it.
    no it's not, and as to the OP, the power effect on the ring is insanely good when stacked with other effects that magnify damage or healing spells, it is such an underrated item because people look and see "5% oh must be shit if it is that low", but don't have a clue as to why it is so powerful, like the muppet i am quoting.

thnx for the replies. when i saw how high it was rated on AMR my initial thought was ok it must be high on the list as you can pair other cds with it.
    HPLathus as you do not agree with how amr ranks items what tool do you use to determine how gear is ranked? ive just been using the Light and How to Swing it spreadsheet to get my stat weights and then using it in Pawn and AMR. however on use effects and procs dont seem to be reflected in how items are being rated.

can someone direct me to anything that shows the math behind how it rates compared to other rings? ive googled but either im a horrible searcher or there isnt much info posted.

Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    no it's not, and as to the OP, the power effect on the ring is insanely good when stacked with other effects that magnify damage or healing spells, it is such an underrated item because people look and see "5% oh must be shit if it is that low", but don't have a clue as to why it is so powerful, like the muppet i am quoting.
    I did some basic math a while ago to check it out, I concluded that the static crit and versa increase from higher rings yielded more healing over the course of the fight than the healing yielding from the ring usage twice per fight when stacking with with cds/AoS. I don't know, seems inaccurate to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lestrang View Post
    I did some basic math a while ago to check it out, I concluded that the static crit and versa increase from higher rings yielded more healing over the course of the fight than the healing yielding from the ring usage twice per fight when stacking with with cds/AoS. I don't know, seems inaccurate to me.

obviously i use it for damage purposes, but the healers in my team that have it, use it as either an extra boost on top of what they have available, or as an "oh shit" button when they need that little bit of extra juice and have no other cooldowns available, as far as the "twice per fight" thing, it is used upwards of 3-4 tims on some mythic bosses, il'gynoth/xavius/helya etc.

Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    obviously i use it for damage purposes, but the healers in my team that have it, use it as either an extra boost on top of what they have available, or as an "oh shit" button when they need that little bit of extra juice and have no other cooldowns available, as far as the "twice per fight" thing, it is used upwards of 3-4 tims on some mythic bosses, il'gynoth/xavius/helya etc.
    Dont think that it matters, the extra static stats provide the boost no matter if its 2 or 15 minute fight. From my calcualtions, a 845 ilvl is not better than a 880 ring from nythandra but thats just me