Page 25 of 31 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Fadeslol View Post
    You can sit there and mislead people all you want. This is why we have a problem.
    I'm looking around for the people that have a problem.

I don't see any.

I think you're inventing a problem so that you have something else asinine to argue about.

Climate change. Or Cleopatra's panties. Or whatever else you want to call it. Global warming. Calentamiento global. Symbol formerly known as climate change. Call it whatever you like. I'm not misled or confused at all, nor is anyone else here. And since the only people here talking are the people here talking, calling it climate change seems to be working just fine.

I certainly didn't change the name from global warming to climate change. Thanks for the credit though.
    Last edited by drakensoul; 2016-12-09 at 12:35 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Like not understanding Man-Made Climate Change killing all of us is only a Scientific Hypothesis
    Hyperbole doesn't usually make for a good argument

Like not understanding Man-Made Climate Change killing all of us is only a Scientific Hypothesis
    You do realize that a mere 2 or 3 degree shift in average global temperature can utterly fucking destroy entire ecosystems, mess with the weather in ways we would be completely unable to predict, and easily render huge swaths of the planet that are currently nice and habitable totally uninhabitable due to a host of factors?

Yes, nature will adapt. It always does. The problem is that nature adapts very slowly. Like, in time-frames that cover dozens of human generations. While we are fucking things up and altering the rate of change by orders of magnitude, nature is still attempting to adapt at it's normal rate, and most of us wont have the luxury of waiting around for nature to sort itself out at it's own pace.

10+ Year Old Account
    The whole point was i can smear studies or even a person.

- - - Updated - - -

http://www.petitionproject.org/

Totally false, trying to smear
    That particular petition is the subjecf of

http://www.skepticalscience.com/OISM...on-Project.htm
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

Quote Originally Posted by drakensoul View Post
    I'm looking around for the people that have a problem.

I don't see any.

I think you're inventing a problem so that you have something else asinine to argue about.

Climate change. Or Cleopatra's panties. Or whatever else you want to call it. Global warming. Calentamiento global. Symbol formerly known as climate change. Call it whatever you like. I'm not misled or confused at all, nor is anyone else here. And since the only people here talking are the people here talking, calling it climate change seems to be working just fine.

I certainly didn't change the name from global warming to climate change. Thanks for the credit though.
    I never said you did, you can have credit but back 10 years ago it was called Global Warming then it got changed to Climate Change to confuse everyone. No it's not fine since you're trying to say Man is destroying the world and it's all Man's fault when it fact Climate Change always happens, we don't control it. We control Man-Made Climate Change.

Everybody thinks the job they do is the most important thing in the universe. Ergo, climate scientists ratcheting up hysteria to a 10 where the problem is actually a 2. No different than the "earth will run out of fossil fuels by 2020" garbage spewed by Geologists in the early 2000's.

Next time when you have your plumber fix something, pay attention as he lectures you for 20 minutes after he's finished on the importance of his work.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsar Bomba View Post
    Everybody thinks the job they do is the most important thing in the universe. Ergo, climate scientists ratcheting up hysteria to a 10 where the problem is actually a 2. No different than the "earth will run out of fossil fuels by 2020" garbage spewed by Geologists in the early 2000's.

Next time when you have your plumber fix something, pay attention as he lectures you for 20 minutes after he's finished on the importance of his work.
    Ye, rising sea levels are not a problem at all!

I never said you did, you can have credit but back 10 years ago it was called Global Warming then it got changed to Climate Change to confuse everyone.
    It got changed because it causes climate shifts, i.e.: at some points temperatures are much COLDER than they should be, and this was confusing to... well, some of the duller knives in the drawer. Who would then go around saying "HAH! THERE'S NO GLOBAL WARMING, SEE IT'S COLD! OOOOOH GLOBAL WARMING HUH??? *South Park Randy Marsh*"

Which is quite obvious and retarded to most people with at least three functioning neurons, but hey. Some people don't get it. Just like some people don't get that sending in a post card isn't a verification process.

Or it's a huge conspiracy theory, whichever works better for you Cleopatra. I personally plan to refer to climate change as Cleopatra's panty twist, in your honor.
    Last edited by drakensoul; 2016-12-09 at 12:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    That particular petition is the subjecf of

http://www.skepticalscience.com/OISM...on-Project.htm
    Listen, i'm not trying to disagree with you but the fact is, let's get all of these scientists out into a bigger discussion and get everything on the table instead of shutting off people that disagree.

- - - Updated - - -

It got changed because it causes climate shifts, i.e.: at some points temperatures are much COLDER than they should be, and this was confusing to... well, some of the duller knives in the drawer. Who would then go around saying "HAH! THERE'S NO GLOBAL WARMING, SEE IT'S -500C!"

Which is quite obvious and retarded to most people with at least three functioning neurons, but hey. Some people don't get it. Just like some people don't get that sending in a post card isn't a verification process.

Or it's a huge conspiracy theory, whichever works better for you Cleopatra.
    "It got changed because it causes climate shifts"

That is called Climate Change. We don't decide what the temp should be, the earth decides that. Did Man cause the Ice Age?

10+ Year Old Account

You guys like to mislead people into saying Climate Change. Climate Change always happens. Man-Made Climate Change isn't going to lead us to death.
    Im from the netherlands, so I think we would have no problem with rising sea levels, but a lot of countries will. Some islands are already disappearing..M
    Maybe not death, but its fucking people over.

Listen, i'm not trying to disagree with you but the fact is, let's get all of these scientists out into a bigger discussion and get everything on the table instead of shutting off people that disagree.
    That's already happened. That's literally how scientific consensus happens. These findings are peer reviewed.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

At the end of every discussion you are left with the reality that intelligence is a continuum. Someone is invariably on the lower end often through no fault of his or her own.

But that person still has an opinion. And all you can do is smile through the confusion and move on, hoping the next person won't be such a drag.

Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    That's already happened. That's literally how scientific consensus happens. These findings are peer reviewed.
    No it hasn't. In the 90s Al Gore said Global Warming. All of his shit gets debunked, then they change it to Climate Change.

- - - Updated - - -

At the end of every discussion you are left with the reality that intelligence is a continuum. Someone is invariably on the lower end often through no fault of his or her own.

But that person still has an opinion. And all you can do is smile through the confusion and move on, hoping the next person won't be such a drag.
    Well i'll be the one laughing. Trump President, EPA head calling Man-Made Climate Change bs, GOP Congress and Supreme Court.

10+ Year Old Account
    No it hasn't. In the 90s Al Gore said Global Warming. All of his shit gets debunked, then they change it to Climate Change.
    ... you do understand that Al Gore is not a scientist, and in fact has as much to do with the subject as Michael Moore has to do with gun control? Saying that ANYTHING happened as a result of his movie is disingenuous at best and more likely insane.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    Im from the netherlands, so I think we would have no problem with rising sea levels, but a lot of countries will. Some islands are already disappearing..M
    Maybe not death, but its fucking people over.
    I'm not saying sea levels don't raise but don't sit there is say is it 100% all Man-Made Climate Change. I live by Long Branch NJ, right on the water. BTW off topic, i thought you were Russian, just curious why u have that banner etc.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    ... you do understand that Al Gore is not a scientist, and in fact has as much to do with the subject as Michael Moore has to do with gun control? Saying that ANYTHING happened as a result of his movie is disingenuous at best and more likely insane.
    Exactly, that is the whole point, all the Global Warming shit that was brought up in the 90s got debunked left and right but he led the charge. Now all the "World" leaders are trying to put a Carbon Tax on us. And then UK wants to start taxing food.

10+ Year Old Account
    Exactly, that is the whole point, all the Global Warming shit that was brought up in the 90s got debunked left and right but he led the charge. Now all the "World" leaders are trying to put a Carbon Tax on us. And then UK wants to start taxing food.
    No... it didn't. You just seem to be confusing movies with reality.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

They should say Man-Made Climate Change instead of Climate Change. That is misleading people. Natural kind is Climate Change, we don't control that. Man-Made is us, there is a difference. No it is not helpful because you're misleading people. You're saying Man-Made Climate Change is the reason everything that's happening in the world. It's not a straw man, we need to stop global warming because we are going to harm the planet and destroy the world.
    Where exactly did you get the definitions you're using? I've never heard anyone else complain that people don't add 'man made' to the beginning of 'climate change' everything they use the term. It's just a distraction, and it's inaccurate anyway. Climate change is the phenomenon, regardless of the cause. 'Man made' or 'natural' would be the cause. And unless the person you're speaking to has actually said that they thing man made climate change will destroy the planet/harm the planet/rapidly kill everyone, saying that they did is a strawman.

"There are climate changes happening now that can be directly linked to man-made causes. There is plentiful evidence that this is the case." That is not true.
    btw what evidence are you showing
    http://www.bloomberg.com/graphics/20...ing-the-world/

This is a good link that was provided earlier, from a conservative webpage to boot. It includes their sources and methodology at the end. It shows various causes of climate change since we started tracking them, both natural and man-made. All of the natural causes, when factored together, don't amount to much of a change. All of the man-made causes, when factored together (but mostly greenhouse emissions), match the rate of temperature increase pretty closely.

It's not enough from green house gases to cause all the problems. Does it play a factor, yes but heat up the earth and xyz no. Do i agree with moving to clean energy yes but we need plans for that, good plans and we also need to ban GMOs
    Okay, stop right there. What makes you say greenhouse gases cannot cause 'all the problems'? What evidence do you have for this? Do you think it's impossible for greenhouse gases to contribute to global warming at all? If not, why is the amount we're producing not enough to cause it?

As a side note, as I understand it the term was changed from global warming to climate change by Republicans, who thought 'global warming' sounded too scary and didn't want people to care as much about it.

And checking, that appears to be right: http://www.newsmax.com/FastFeatures/.../14/id/607457/

A 2014 Yale University report said Luntz conducted focus group sessions looking at the topic and suggested shortly before the 2002 elections that Republicans, who were trying to downplay the threat of global warming, replace that with the less-threatening term "climate change."
    Last edited by LaserSharkDFB; 2016-12-09 at 01:11 AM.

Well i'll be the one laughing. Trump President, EPA head calling Man-Made Climate Change bs, GOP Congress and Supreme Court.
    Laugh it up! You're king of the hill! Here's a maturity cookie!

I really don't care who the president is, I didn't even watch the election coverage *yawn*

You can't even seem to grasp why the name was changed in pop vernacular. Oh well.

Have another cookie.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not saying sea levels don't raise but don't sit there is say is it 100% all Man-Made Climate Change. I live by Long Branch NJ, right on the water. BTW off topic, i thought you were Russian, just curious why u have that banner etc.
    Sea levels are raising because of climate change.

As i said before, if you want to fight keeping the earth clean i'm with you. But if i am going to help you, we need to get GMOs banned. I don't disagree with trying to improve clean energy because we really should but please don't sit there and we are all going to hell because of Man-Made Climate Change