Page 2 of 36 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    Can we please stop treating Twitter like news?
    In the grim darkness of the far future, there is only Twitter-based news.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Lionhearte0 View Post
    The "Alt-Right" is a made up term to distract you from real news and to keep you under the delusion that this country is more divided than you think. The "Alt-Right" doesn't exist. Using the term shows you get your opinion from news organizations that have been found to have colluded with political entities (against the law) and are simply spewing their same rhetoric, like a good little sheep.

Your opinion is not your own.
    Think hard about that.
    You know people describe themselves as the alt-right, right?
    Like, I know that they actual mean "I'm a neo-nazi", but it's not a term that was made up by the media.

Quote Originally Posted by Lionhearte0 View Post
    The "Alt-Right" is a made up term to distract you from real news and to keep you under the delusion that this country is more divided than you think. The "Alt-Right" doesn't exist. Using the term shows you get your opinion from news organizations that have been found to have colluded with political entities (against the law) and are simply spewing their same rhetoric, like a good little sheep.

Your opinion is not your own.
    Think hard about that.
    ...except plenty of people label themselves as alt-right. The media didn't even invent the term, they did themselves. And they did so because being a white supremacist is, shockingly, not popular anymore.

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, they're definitely xenophobic, in the sense that they actively oppress non-humans and regard them as inferior. I can't recall anything specifically about race that wouldn't be explained by real world casting practices (ie a tendency to cast white guys).
    They oppressed humans as well as non-humans.

I've never seen anything in star wars to suggest that it was based solely on race, or really any sign of a racial tension.

There was Jedi vs Sith and Empire vs Rebellion.

I miss the days when everything wasn't overly politicized.

I like movies, I like movies because its a break from this real life bull shit.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    Anybody with even an ounce of knowledge about the Star Wars universe knows the Empire are horribly racist against everybody who isn't a white human. Its kind of why Thrawn was such an impressive character.

Also they are incredibly obviously Nazis.
    The Empire was anti alien, all humans were welcome. This is true for both current cannon and legends.

Its also funny that people are bothering to even argue about a part that is pretty irrelevant, almost like to distract from the fact that the same people who were butthurt Finn and Rey were the main characters in Force Awakens are butthurt that one of the writers said that Star Was was against hate, took that as anti-Trump, and that is why they are protesting. The fact that they aren't protesting the idea that the Empire weren't supremacists (Which is a dumb argument but go ahead and have it), but that its teaching "anti-white" practices is pretty telling.

Man I love this forum.
    Last edited by KrazyK923; 2016-12-09 at 01:29 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    I guess Felicity Jones is not white enough for the alt-right? I say we make SJW and alt-right into there own movie genres. We could produce both and everyone would be happy.

Yeah, they're definitely xenophobic, in the sense that they actively oppress non-humans and regard them as inferior. I can't recall anything specifically about race that wouldn't be explained by real world casting practices (ie a tendency to cast white guys).
    This, people are reading into how casting for movies was performed and projecting that onto the Empire itself.

Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    They oppressed humans as well as non-humans.

I've never seen anything in star wars to suggest that it was based solely on race, or really any sign of a racial tension.

There was Jedi vs Sith and Empire vs Rebellion.
    Yeh but they were mainly xenophobic. Not allowing aliens to server.

10+ Year Old Account
    I always thought the Empire was more modelled on the British Empire, e.g. reliance on the navy to enforce control, due to a lack of manpower required to garrison everywhere in strength. The British also used non-white troops, which would explain Finn.

Maybe it was just due to the sheer quantity of British actors in the original trilogy though.

Its also funny that people are bothering to even argue about a part that is pretty irrelevant, almost like to distract from the fact that the same people who were butthurt Finn and Rey were the main characters in Force Awakens are butthurt that one of the writers said that Star Was was against hate, took that as anti-Trump, and that is why they are protesting.

Man I love this forum.
    Fin was a horrible actor, but that had nothing to do with him being black, just him being shit at acting.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    I always thought the Empire was more modelled on the British Empire, e.g. reliance on the navy to enforce control, due to a lack of manpower required to garrison everywhere in strength. The British also used non-white troops, which would explain Finn.

Maybe it was just due to the sheer quantity of British actors in the original trilogy though.
    ignore op, they didnt hate all non whites.

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Its also funny that people are bothering to even argue about a part that is pretty irrelevant, almost like to distract from the fact that the same people who were butthurt Finn and Rey were the main characters in Force Awakens are butthurt that one of the writers said that Star Was was against hate, took that as anti-Trump, and that is why they are protesting.

Man I love this forum.
    I mean, I saw the parallels from this and the drama behind the Force Awakens. I even made a thread to make fun of it as it happend. The whole "empire was white supremacists" portion was the one I wanted to talk about because I never heard that claim and was curious about it; it was new.

But I guess if you don't want to get schooled by someone who casually watched the Star Wars Movies and the Clone Wars Series on Cartoon Network growing up, allege that i'm trying to "distract" people.

You can always NOT ENGAGE. Or am I taking too much space for you?

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    Fin was a horrible actor, but that had nothing to do with him being black, just him being shit at acting.
    A horrible actor who didn't do anything of importance in the movie. :-\

Wow neo-nazis on the internet. That's just slightly less relevant than the KKK.

'Alt-right' is like the new 'terrorist' boogeyman for the left.

when I was a kid and saw star wars for the first time I immediately thought the empire was based on nazis

I never thought it was something to debate

Quote Originally Posted by Fayolynn View Post
    A horrible actor who didn't do anything of importance in the movie. :-\
    he mad cringe worthy comments every chance he got.

Or am I taking too much space for you?
    Shit you got me. It definitely isn't that the reaction to the random 2 tweets and how its "teaching anti-white messages" is something the protestors themselves are saying.

But dang son, YOU GOT ME.

It was primarily in the EU. I can't really point to specific examples anymore because it has been so long since I last read anything, but it also cropped up a lot in the Sith Empire of the Old Republic era that was an analog for and arguably a precursor of the Galactic Empire.
    it was only primarly in the eu cus disney cant be fucked filling the 30 years inbetween, untill they prove it wrong, empire was pro human, anti aliens organization that only used aliens when they absolutely had to or for slave labor. That didnt keep them from killing humans or enslaving them, but they didnt bar humans from joining like they did aliens. Thrawn was one of the only exceptions.

Quote Originally Posted by zerocarbs View Post
    Wow neo-nazis on the internet. That's just slightly less relevant than the KKK.

'Alt-right' is like the new 'terrorist' boogeyman for the left.
    Outside of, you know, one of the biggest positions in the United States as Chief Strategist of the winning Presidential candidate's administration going to one.